4.6L (1996-2004 Modular) Mustang Technical discussions on 1996-2004 4.6 Liter Modular Motors (2V and 4V) within.

3.73s and AODE=Don't know yet

Search this Thread

Old 07-04-2004, 07:03 AM
96mustanggt46
2nd Gear Member

Default 3.73s and AODE=Don't know yet

OK my 3.73s are sitting in my room awating to be installed but i have a concern with what else i need to do to my trans to still shift at the right time do i need a chip to recalibrate the shift pionts, i know that my speedomiter will be off but i am not worried about that or do i even need anything at all, does anybody have A/M gears in there AODE. Any info will be appreciated thanks
Old 07-04-2004, 03:22 PM
Fat Nick
I ♥ Acer

Default RE: 3.73s and AODE=Don't know yet

ORIGINAL: 96mustanggt46

OK my 3.73s are sitting in my room awating to be installed but i have a concern with what else i need to do to my trans to still shift at the right time do i need a chip to recalibrate the shift pionts, i know that my speedomiter will be off but i am not worried about that or do i even need anything at all, does anybody have A/M gears in there AODE. Any info will be appreciated thanks
3.73's will make a nice difference in the performance. If you're auto it will shift it's self therefore you don't have to worry about that, and the speedometer is measured off how quickly your wheels are rotating not the rear end, therefore unless you've changed rims/tires to a different size then your speedo will still be accurate. Go ahead and install them and have fun/
Old 07-10-2004, 06:15 AM
loosenut
1st Gear Member

Default RE: 3.73s and AODE=Don't know yet

ORIGINAL: Fat Nick

ORIGINAL: 96mustanggt46

3.73's will make a nice difference in the performance. If you're auto it will shift it's self therefore you don't have to worry about that, and the speedometer is measured off how quickly your wheels are rotating not the rear end, therefore unless you've changed rims/tires to a different size then your speedo will still be accurate. Go ahead and install them and have fun/

WTF R U SMOKIN????? that is SOOO not right!!!!! the auto trans will need to have things set right so the computer knows how fast,what gear your in what gear you need to be in, not calibrating an auto is a real big misake. the auto trans of today have two senors on them, one is an INPUT SENSOR,the other being OUTPUT SENSOR, those comunicate,in a matter of speaking, to set things for the correct gear selection. i would put money on one thing, if he DID NOT recalibrate his computer,for the gear change,as soon as he started to get into highway speeds,or before,his trans would go into "LIMP" mode,and would not come out of 2nd gear. i would double check my tech training before i told someone to put something in a car and " HAVE FUN". more importantly if it was an auto trans you were dealing with. im not try'n to start something here im just say'n that did not even come close to correct.

--edit--i forgot to mention that wheel speed is measured by wheel speed sensors, that work in-conjunction with a cruise control system and the ABS system, along with the TCM.