4.6L (1996-2004 Modular) Mustang Technical discussions on 1996-2004 4.6 Liter Modular Motors (2V and 4V) within.

Sept. 11...5 years later

Search this Thread

Old 09-11-2006, 04:46 PM
Stanghead96
2nd Gear Member

Default RE: Sept. 11...5 years later

I was in High school (long Island, NY)....3rd period ....i remeber the looking at the faces of my friends who had parents or family members that work there.....that i could never forget that and you felt for them and the fact that they just didnt know if they would ever see those people again. One particular girl's father was a fire fighter...she was upset and want to do something for her....i mean those fighter fights saw what had happened , and knew what might happen if they went into those buildings...and they went in anyways. Gone but Never, never forgotten

....i left for classes at 9:30 and they were reading the names of the people who Passed on the news .....came back from class 2 hours later the there were just finishing.

Old 09-11-2006, 05:13 PM
Flyingmau5
5th Gear Member

sad sad day...
Old 09-11-2006, 05:30 PM
doughboy4.6
3rd Gear Member

[sm=patriot.gif]
Old 09-11-2006, 05:35 PM
hammeron
6th Gear Member

I associate myself with these remarks and hold in reserve
the ability to revise and extend them

ORIGINAL: code3GT

God Bless Our Fallen Heros and God Bless America. We will NEVER forget.
Old 09-11-2006, 05:50 PM
Fryguy22
4th Gear Member

May god bless all of the victims and their families.

I remember it like it was yesterday. I was in 8th grade in social studies class watching a video on overpopulation in Africa. Another teacher walked in a whispered something into my teachers ear. He suddenly looked shocked and proceeded to turn on the news. We were all in shock. There really are no words to describe it.
Old 09-11-2006, 06:43 PM
LvGordo
4th Gear Member

i watch some of the footage every so often to remind myself why we need to rid the world of these phuckers. I watched it again today. I know we meddle in other people's biz but i really dont think (or hope) we dont mass murder innocent people. I went to the top of the stratosphere here in vegas which is about the same height as the twin towers were. You can go onto the observation deck and look over, and i couldnt imagine what situation that i could be put in to be forced to jump off, like it was the best option. that **** haunts me.
we need to wipe these people out, i dont want my daughter growing up in this world full of mindless sheep who believe God is telling them to kill us. If they could destroy the US all at once, they would do it in a heartbeat. I dont know why we dont. Syria - gone, iran - gone, iraq - gone, afghanastan - c-ya, lebanon - gone, algeria - toast, n. korea - vaporized. we are too politically correct and it will be the downfall of this country.

God bless America, and pray for our sons and daughters that were lost and who continue to fight today.

Old 09-11-2006, 06:56 PM
03sonicgt
5th Gear Member

NEVER forget.
Old 09-11-2006, 08:13 PM
03truebluegt
2nd Gear Member

I still get chills when I read and see stuff about it. That day was one of the saddest days that I remember. I was only in eighth grade when it happened and I was so worried about my mom because she works in Boston and I didn't know what was going on. It was one of the scariest moments of my life. God bless all of the men and women that lost their lives that day and that are losing their lives fighting for our freedom each and every day! [sm=americanasmiley.gif]
Old 09-11-2006, 08:49 PM
alfromcal846
2nd Gear Member

yeah man i remember like it was yesterday. I was in my junior year in hs. Being from cali 3 hour difference i was just getting up to go to school around 6:45 am PST. And I sometimes turn on the TV in the morning and that day i turned it on and soon as i see it i wake up my parents and brother and tell them what was going on. Since i went to a catholic hs, we always say prayer before classes begin and this time the principal goes over the intercom and addresses the situation and tells us to keep those people in our prayers. I remember for the whole day we watched the TV and saw what was going on in in NY and DC. And then we got off out of school and still more news and then finally the president addressed the nation. It was a sad sad day but one i will never forget. GOD BLESS AMERICA those fire fighters officers and innocent civilians that perished that day. Also GOD BLESS the men and women in the military especially in Afghanistan and Iraq and all over the world.
Old 09-11-2006, 09:07 PM
Lord Ashram
2nd Gear Member

Posted this elsewhere, figured someone asked if anyone else was from NYC... so here is my post.

I live in NYC, and lived only a few blocks from the towers on that day. I knew two people who were in the buildings when they were hit; one made it, one didn't. I remember the frantic phone calls trying to phone people, the lines all out of service, the fighter jets SCREAMING overhead, hearing the Pentagon had been hit and being sure World War III had started, that we might just die... I was teaching in a school with no phones, no TV, no nothing... and the reports that day were so confused... I remember stepping outside into the bright sunlight at lunch time and seeing the streets full of people in cars and trucks and on foot, all just walking north... some covered with white ash... I remember going down fifth avenue, and when the bus hit the point we could all see south everyone leaned towards the center aisle and gasped; it was black like night at the end of Fifth. I remember the flowers at the fire station covering the block... I remember hearing the police patrols going around, the only people on the closed off streets, except for the four kids playing frisbee and smoking dope. I remember the dozens and dozens of posters around the village of those who were missing, of the girl in her wedding dress whose description was just her height, her hair and eye color, and the fact that she was wearing a wedding ring. I remember the older gent who, the poster said, was missed by his grandkids. I remember my best friend who is in the Guard who was called down there that day for recovery duty, and knowing for three days that he was practically within yelling distance, and the shattered tone of his voice three days later when they pulled him back out, and that even now we both know that if we stay in this city our deaths in a nuclear fire is a promise, not just a worry... I remember the smell of the fire, that sickly smell you could smell all the way up to the upper west. I remember the coming back to the city for the first time after that day, about a month later, and coming over the GWB and seeing that column of smoke and feeling like I was returning to the scene of some horrible crime, of just feeling sick. I remember the first time there were fireworks, and that same friend and I, wide eyed in fear, running out to the street, sure we were under attack. I remember the dust on my clothes for six months. Now, still this long after, every time there are fireworks I run to the window to make sure it isnt "something else", and I see every other New Yorker face peering out their window, wondering the same thing... I remember the black out, and the sheer panic, the "Oh my god did they get us again? Am I about to die?" and the thousands of people on the street, looking up for some reason, and everyone frantically calling out, trying to find out what the hell had happened, if there was a cloud of some death drifting through the wind towards us... and when a plane flies low, FIVE YEARS LATER, the apartment still gets quiet as my fiancee and I look at each other, listening, praying it wont come any lower. Remember those who died.

Quick Reply: Sept. 11...5 years later