4.6L (1996-2004 Modular) Mustang Technical discussions on 1996-2004 4.6 Liter Modular Motors (2V and 4V) within.

What do you guys think about roush mustangs?

Search this Thread

Old 09-16-2006, 01:03 AM
2000STANGGT
2nd Gear Member

Default What do you guys think about roush mustangs?

I have been thinking about turning my 2000 gt into a roush mustang. What do you guys think? Is that very hard besides money? I know it may take me alittle time but I don't plan on sell my baby.
Old 09-17-2006, 01:30 PM
username

Default RE: What do you guys think about roush mustangs?

i would stick to the standard mustang. the problem with the roush and cobra and all the other various models outside the gt is that parts are not available. so a repair that may of cost only a few dollars may cost serveral hundred dollars because you will need to reinvent the wheel, so to say.
Old 09-17-2006, 01:33 PM
xxkazp3rxx
6th Gear Member

The Roush parts are differant, easily available through Roush. Problem with Roush is this, it's overpriced. The supercharger is over priced, the bodykit is overpriced, the exhaust is WAY overpriced. The parts don't even work that good, and they're not even that good looking imo. The only thing i'd like on my car from roush is the suspension, but i'd rather go through Steeda for the suspension.
Old 09-17-2006, 01:48 PM
Car_Ramrod
4th Gear Member

yea if youre gonna go for a specialty Mustang like the Roush or something...my vote would be with looking into a Saleen. a much better choice...IMO.
Old 09-17-2006, 01:48 PM
99roushgt
3rd Gear Member

your nuts if you dont think the roush looks good all you need is the roush kit and buy an aftermarket blower and suspension doesnt all havent to be roush hes just wanting to make it look like one i hope and not actually try to copy one exact thats just nuts shouldve bought one if thats the case but who ever says a roush stage 3 is ugly must drive a cobra (because they actually look better) or a v6 because theyre jealous
Old 09-17-2006, 02:15 PM
xxkazp3rxx
6th Gear Member

Roush - Personally, the body kit isn't for me - my moms bf has a 04' 440A and i was going to buy a 02 or a 03 Stage III (cant remember the year)convert., but I just don't like em, thats my opinion... He asked about Roush, so I responded about Roush... all their power adding stuff isn't very good - overpriced and lacking in power - not because they dont know how to obviously, but that's how they make thier parts.
Old 09-17-2006, 02:18 PM
dubarado
4th Gear Member

yea... with roush you're pretty much paying for the name, like it's a designer label.... IMO i'd just get the roush bodykit, and then do all the performance options through somewhere else, where you can make as much power, for cheaper.
Old 09-17-2006, 02:19 PM
xxkazp3rxx
6th Gear Member

I'd still get a Cobra over either anyday of the week and they're comparable in price - it's the build. Roush and Saleen make some amazing power in the cars, but they keep the stock internals, and transmission. They also equal the stock power a Cobra makes and all you have to do is 1 thing and you'll beat them everytime. The major reason I didn't buy the Roush, was for 2 things... 1 - stock internals, and if i wanted to run higher boost that had to change, and 2: the TR-3650 - why spend 20-25k on a car that the transmission is having problems, when you can spend 23-25k on a faster car that doens't have the known tranny problems? Nothing against either - they'll both probably be collector cars somewhat (not like the old Boss or Shelby), but they'll be worth some money if not drivin and garaged.

Note: I am assuming a S281 S/C - not a Saleen S281E.. lol
ORIGINAL: Car_Ramrod

yea if youre gonna go for a specialty Mustang like the Roush or something...my vote would be with looking into a Saleen. a much better choice...IMO.
Old 09-17-2006, 04:27 PM
Quick Shot xMLx
5th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: Car_Ramrod

I have the Roush kit on my car but thats only because it came with it. Those prices are too outrageous. You're sick if you think the Saleen looks better than the Stage III Roush kit. The Saleen has all those nasty gills. I guess they thought it could breathe underwater. Reminds me of a 3rd generation(00-05) Eclipse[:'(]
Old 09-17-2006, 05:03 PM
Twister
5th Gear Member

I have hated the way that the Roush looks since I first saw one...oddly enough, a Roush rep was standing behind me when I said that some Honduh was missing it's front bumper cover....

Quick Reply: What do you guys think about roush mustangs?