4.6L (1996-2004 Modular) Mustang Technical discussions on 1996-2004 4.6 Liter Modular Motors (2V and 4V) within.

96 GT project thread *PICS*

Search this Thread

Old 09-27-2006, 03:05 AM
Stalion415
1st Gear Member

Default RE: 96 GT project thread *PICS*

ORIGINAL: ASUSMC

ORIGINAL: Stalion415

as for the turbo, sound like a waste of money sense i hear the Non Pi's dont respond well to much of anything
Every car responds well to FI. Turbos even moreso than Blowers. Even with crappy heads a turbo system will still max out the lower end of that motor despite heads. You might have to turn the boost up a bit but it will get the job done.
the job being spinning a rod?
Old 10-07-2006, 02:20 AM
Stalion415
1st Gear Member

alright so heres an update

so far i have rebuilt all four brakes and re surfaced the rotars...

i had to compress the springs to get those little donuts in the top (the guy before had it lowered and forgot to put them in)

so ive got the suspeion and breaks all squared away and also put a few key bolts in the rear axel that were missing (this guy scares me with the stuff that is off of the car)

I opened up the vavle cover on the enigne and it looks cleeeeeeeean by far the nicest part of this car.

i connected the drive shaft to the rear end (rear end runs smooth, so thats a relief, but we'll see)

I am going to try to drop the engine in it sunday i will take pics and keep you guys posted

after that its a new top, paint and wheels

stay tuned
Old 10-07-2006, 03:29 AM
ant8624

hey man i think its awesome that you and your dad took on a project like that... wish i could say the same about mine but he thinks everything i do is stuipid lol....funnny because he did the same stuff when he was my age anyhow....i just wanted to suggest buying a couple of flowmasters and cutting your cats out while you are working on it... the mufflers will run you like 100 off ebay and a local muffler shop should weld them in for like 50 or so and take the cats off and gut them yourself... it sounds better with just an offroad x pipe or h pipe but its cheap and you will probably like the results...any how if you like the black on black on black look go for it my friend has a 2001 hard top that is done like that and its awesome looking but he has changed every body part but the doors lol... but its your car build it to your style... i would suggest the pi swap if you did have the money available and a set of gears... but if you arent looking for speed then dont worry about it... just remember to do it to your style and satisfaction dont worry what others say its not their car... good luck ill be watching for updates.... ant
Old 10-07-2006, 05:13 AM
Stalion415
1st Gear Member

ORIGINAL: ant8624

hey man i think its awesome that you and your dad took on a project like that... wish i could say the same about mine but he thinks everything i do is stuipid lol....funnny because he did the same stuff when he was my age anyhow....i just wanted to suggest buying a couple of flowmasters and cutting your cats out while you are working on it... the mufflers will run you like 100 off ebay and a local muffler shop should weld them in for like 50 or so and take the cats off and gut them yourself... it sounds better with just an offroad x pipe or h pipe but its cheap and you will probably like the results...any how if you like the black on black on black look go for it my friend has a 2001 hard top that is done like that and its awesome looking but he has changed every body part but the doors lol... but its your car build it to your style... i would suggest the pi swap if you did have the money available and a set of gears... but if you arent looking for speed then dont worry about it... just remember to do it to your style and satisfaction dont worry what others say its not their car... good luck ill be watching for updates.... ant
thanks for the support...

yeah i am not sure on the rims just yet, but they ar ea while off so no biggie.

As for the exhaust it has a set of flow masters on it with chrome tips

the section inbetween the muffler and the header is completely missing ( i am guessing he sold the mid pipe he had)

so anyways i am trying to aquire a stock H pipe with the cats so i can smog it once i take it off non op... from there i can decide if i want to keep the cats or not...

thanks alot for the suggestions i will keep you guys posted with pics
Old 10-10-2006, 01:15 PM
Stalion415
1st Gear Member

engine is in and harness is all wired up.

I dropped the radiator and hooked most of the plumbing up last night (ill post pics in a bit)

all i am waiting on right now before i crank it up (just headers for now haha) is the fuel line tool.. if i get it running ill post a vid...

ill keep you guys posted
Old 10-10-2006, 02:34 PM
newb2000GT
4th Gear Member

So if chrome wheels are everywhere and the reason you are going with black, what are your plans for the exhaust?

Flows with chrome tips = Chrome wheels.

I think an all black stang would be the perfect canidate for an H-pipe with dumped Dynomax Race Bullets.

Good luck with the project.
Old 10-11-2006, 02:37 AM
Stalion415
1st Gear Member

alright guys dropped the engine in, heres a pic, ill have a video after the hosting is finalized i just cranked it up tonight

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v2...0/100_1839.jpg
Old 10-11-2006, 02:48 AM
Stalion415
1st Gear Member

ORIGINAL: newb2000GT

So if chrome wheels are everywhere and the reason you are going with black, what are your plans for the exhaust?

Flows with chrome tips = Chrome wheels.

I think an all black stang would be the perfect canidate for an H-pipe with dumped Dynomax Race Bullets.

Good luck with the project.
dumped dynomac race bullest? link?

also i dont think black rims with chrome tips would look bad... it will still have badges, and a black tip would be hideous
Old 10-12-2006, 02:31 AM
Stalion415
1st Gear Member

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NPjv7xrjJdA
Old 04-09-2008, 12:00 AM
Stalion415
1st Gear Member

alright so i k now its been a while buuuuuuuuuuuuut SHES DONE! and running nice.

pics

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v2...0/P1000633.jpg
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v2...0/P1000630.jpg
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v2...0/P1000621.jpg
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v2...0/P1000620.jpg
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v2...0/P1000627.jpg

Quick Reply: 96 GT project thread *PICS*