4.6L (1996-2004 Modular) Mustang Technical discussions on 1996-2004 4.6 Liter Modular Motors (2V and 4V) within.

Is ok to call your car something its "not"

Search this Thread

Old 09-22-2006, 12:20 AM
ericdiver
3rd Gear Member

Default RE: Is ok to call your car something its "not"

but your all proveing my point, your saying if you put a gt bumper on a v6 and call it a gt ITS NOT see what i am saying, gt outside but no v8 on the inside, but if you had a v6, put a v8 and all the GT stuff why could you not call it a GT??? or a roush or a mach 1 ??? I get the point where you say its a clone of one, but i was wondering if people really hate on others if you dont say CLONE
Old 09-22-2006, 12:21 AM
Flyingmau5
5th Gear Member

it's like saying clint's GT can beat mitch's GT. lol it ain't happening =D
Old 09-22-2006, 12:23 AM
ben790450
I ♥ Acer

ORIGINAL: ericdiver

but your all proveing my point, your saying if you put a gt bumper on a v6 and call it a gt ITS NOT see what i am saying, gt outside but no v8 on the inside, but if you had a v6, put a v8 and all the GT stuff why could you not call it a GT???
Dude gt and v 6 bumpers are the same
snakeman4life
4th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: ben790450

ORIGINAL: snakeman4life

I voted no.It's one thing to put a Saleen body kit on a GT or a Cobra front bumper cover on a V6 or whatever,but when you change the badges and try to fool people into thinking it's something it's not,thats what I have a problem with.I can't understand why people do that[Cobra badges on a GT,GT badges on a V6]sort of thing,be proud of what your car is,not what it can't be.

I dont have a v-6 b*tch! I got the cobra bumper becuase it looks sick on my car. Youd have to be retarted to think my car is a cobra. It has all the original gt badges on it. My car comes with the v-6 hood in that year. I actually wanted to take all my gt badges off and but 3.8 V-6 badges on
Dude,I wasn't talking about your car at all,I was just making talking about putting on body parts that look better,but keeping the stock badges.Hell,I've got a Cobra R hood on my car,but it damn sure ain't a Cobra R
ben790450
I ♥ Acer

ORIGINAL: ceekay84

it's like saying clint's GT can beat mitch's GT. lol it ain't happening =D
+1
Old 09-22-2006, 12:24 AM
ericdiver
3rd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: ericdiver

but your all proveing my point, your saying if you put a gt bumper on a v6 and call it a gt ITS NOT see what i am saying, gt outside but no v8 on the inside, but if you had a v6, put a v8 and all the GT stuff why could you not call it a GT???
Dude gt and v 6 bumpers are the same
dude no they are not, look at the exhaust spots v6 dont have dual cutouts
Old 09-22-2006, 12:25 AM
ericdiver
3rd Gear Member

[/quote]

Dude,I wasn't talking about your car at all,I was just making talking about putting on body parts that look better,but keeping the stock badges.Hell,I've got a Cobra R hood on my car,but it damn sure ain't a Cobra R
[/quote]

yes but if you spent the time to put a 5.4 and 6 sp and all the internal of a cobra r, would you then say you had a cobra R , i would say you would,
Old 09-22-2006, 12:26 AM
mylongvictor
5th Gear Member

Here is my 2 cents.... My car is a Mustang GT. But its no where near stock and the different body parts I plan to get put on..... 03/04 cobra Hood/Bumper..... Steeda Race wing..... Bullet Deep Dish Rims........ The moment you start putting and add stuff to your stang, you are creating what you see as your image of your car. I still tell people she's just a Mustang, but its my SPECIAL Stang..... GAWD I need a drink..... SOMEONE TAKE ME HOME!!!! THIS NEAR BEER SUCKS!!!!!!!
Old 09-22-2006, 12:27 AM
GTowner4life
3rd Gear Member

My roush is not a vin number roush as well. But the funny thing is Jack roush signed it. I have all the roush decals, floor mats, performance parts and body kit. "it is what it is" if it looks like a saleen then tell everyone that it is because the name of the car describes what it looks like and what features it has. And the name GT simply would not serve our saleen and roush "clones" justice

p.s. ericdiver your car looked 110% saleen espicaly with the racing seats; I thought they were stock.
Old 09-22-2006, 12:28 AM
ericdiver
3rd Gear Member

It doesnt have a saleen number. Thats that. Its not a saleen on the title. You can call it a saleen but eventually someone will see you dont have a number on your front bumper and call you out on it and then what?
uh you can order the number mine is #069, lol and get all badges and door jam stickers and glove box and window decals

Quick Reply: Is ok to call your car something its "not"