4.6L (1996-2004 Modular) Mustang Technical discussions on 1996-2004 4.6 Liter Modular Motors (2V and 4V) within.

Ahhh..so many exhaust possiblies

Search this Thread

Old 07-16-2004, 02:56 PM
KeepnJerzeyDirty

Default Ahhh..so many exhaust possiblies

ok i know there r like millions of post like this asking about exhaust but im slow so give me a break. I just bought a 2004 GT, some chick hit me and totaled my 2000 V6 thank women 4 being bad drivers , im goin to go with a magnapack catback system and i need a nice x pipe w/cats to match (dont tell me about OR pipes ill cry). If anyone has any suggestions let me know PLEAZE!!! Oh and some nice header suggestions would be nice too. Also i know i ask alot but i just moved to North Carolina if anyone knows any good places to get my stang worked on at around the Charlotte area let me know. Thanks

"Its not dirt its mustang juice."
Old 07-16-2004, 06:58 PM
SilverGTV8
4th Gear Member

Default RE: Ahhh..so many exhaust possiblies

Well, if you are going to go long tubes, which you should, you would have to purchase a new x pipe to go with them, and one with cats limits the amount of choices you have.

If you want an x-pipe now deff. go with the magnaflow x-pipe. I have the set-up you want/getting and absolutly love it! I can't dream of having another exhaust!
Old 07-16-2004, 08:46 PM
jdaniel
I ♥ Acer

Yeah... longtubes and a good X pipe will make your car scream.

Dont go with anything less than longtubes though or you will be severly disappointed.
Old 07-16-2004, 08:48 PM
KeepnJerzeyDirty

ummm how do u guys get ur stangs to pass emissions with OR x pipes
Old 07-16-2004, 08:50 PM
jdaniel
I ♥ Acer

Go to a shop thats run by a bunch of 18 year olds that need a little extra cash! LOL
Old 07-16-2004, 09:00 PM
KeepnJerzeyDirty

aahhh...damn kids..ok so someone once told me there was this kit out there somewhere that u could make ur exhaust come out right after the headers and that all u needed to do so drill a hole on both sides of ur exhaust after the headers and screw a piece of metal or something on to cover those holes and when u needed the extra power (if it actually does give u any) u can take those metal brackets off. If there is something like that what r the ups and downs of it and if not someone should try it cuz i said so. That would be perfect of those ppl like me that need there cats.
Old 07-16-2004, 09:09 PM
jdaniel
I ♥ Acer

uuhhh... NO! Your car will probably NEVER produce enough power to use cut outs. Any exhaust leak you have in front of the catback will cause you major power loss.
Old 07-16-2004, 09:57 PM
KeepnJerzeyDirty

Everytime i try and order exhaust something or someone changes my mind ive been lookin 4 exhaust since dec. when i bought my car and i wanna do headers midpipe and catbacks at the same time but...ahhhhh...[:@] i want something that sounds good but also i want the most hp gain i can get.....they dont make this ez 4 u do they? i was thinkin magnapacks but i read somewhere that they sound like crap after awhile (to me there describition kinda sounds like glasspacks.) SOMEONE MAKE MY MIND UP 4 ME..ahhhhhh
Old 07-16-2004, 10:02 PM
Fat Nick
I ♥ Acer

Need to know if your 5spd or auto. Because not all lt's will fit autos.
Old 07-16-2004, 10:13 PM
KeepnJerzeyDirty

5 speed

Quick Reply: Ahhh..so many exhaust possiblies