4.6L (1996-2004 Modular) Mustang Technical discussions on 1996-2004 4.6 Liter Modular Motors (2V and 4V) within.

Sea Foam Rising!

Search this Thread

Old 09-25-2006, 07:10 PM
StangChik
3rd Gear Member

Default RE: Sea Foam Rising!

well...no one forces you to use it, but if your motor blew i doubt it was the sea foam...but it does loosen sticky valve and lifters....it could have freed soemthing up and the killed your motor.

ANd i was just sayin that looking at a plug, was a good example that it really does clean crap out of there.
Old 09-25-2006, 07:10 PM
Matts00GT
4th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: stang2000

I don't know what to give it. I did it and now I'm replacing my motor for burnt piston rings. I'm not saying it's the culprit but it's kind of funny it ran fine before and then I run Seafoam through it and 2 days later she burns up. At this point I can't give you a straight answer it's top notch stuff or it'll cost you over $5,000 in repairs. Who knows. Just wanted to pass along my experience.
Ive said this many times on here but some times it goes without acknowledgment. Typical fuel injectors make your car run hotter. This can result in fouled plugs or in worse cases, burn piston rings. However, I doubt it was the main culprit. They were probably going and this just helped throw them over the top. Also, you should always have a full tank of gas. If not, you can get major damage such as a burnt piston, which actually happened to some moron I know.
Old 09-25-2006, 07:12 PM
StangChik
3rd Gear Member

you are correct about that...your car should be at full levels of gasoline and oil, if you choose to use it there. it is concentrated, so if there's not enough fluid to dillute it, it may be too strong, and damage some internals
Old 09-25-2006, 07:15 PM
StangChik
3rd Gear Member

ok check this out http://www.seafoamsales.com/motorTuneUpTechGas.htm

that will tell you everything you need to know about. And it really is 100% pertroleum.....so there's really no BS about what it says it does.
Old 09-25-2006, 07:19 PM
Matts00GT
4th Gear Member

I know what seafoam is. I work at Advance Auto Parts part time--I sell the ****. There is still no real proof that it works.
Old 09-25-2006, 07:21 PM
StangChik
3rd Gear Member

what a coincidence...i worked there for 3 years while i was in highschool!

So i know what the **** is too!!!

Old 09-25-2006, 07:23 PM
Matts00GT
4th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: StangChik

what a coincidence...i worked there for 3 years while i was in highschool!

So i know what the **** is too!!!

Work employeee number or you're lying! But the fact still remains that no tests or actual proof is out there...
Old 09-25-2006, 07:25 PM
StangChik
3rd Gear Member

252442...i was also the commercial parts pro for the last year...AND i am ASE ceritified, and used all testing equipment, what else do you want to know. Its been a while but i can probably tell you anything you want to know about advance auto parts
Old 09-25-2006, 07:27 PM
StangChik
3rd Gear Member

i still remember most of the computer funtions. I have to always tell the people to hit F2 and then F7 for my employee discount, which i still get because my boss loved me and still has me listed as a seasonal employee.
Old 09-25-2006, 07:30 PM
Derf00
Gentleman's Relish

I love the arguments like this...

Here's a few examples of past stuff people swore by...

Berrymans Chemtool (Could be added to engines and fuel systems)
Marvel Mystery Oil (could be added to engines and tranny's)
Lucas (Oil stabilizer could be added to any tranny, diff, or crank)
Lucas (fuel stabilizer could be added to tank or intake system)
Slick 50 (oil additive that could also be added to rear diff)

There's others I've forgotten from my auto parts days.

But...so noone says I don't do my research...
Berrymans is mainly solvents (Xylene, Benzyne based materials)
Sea Foam is IPA (Isopropyl acohol) Naptha (aka Ronsinol) which is a key ingredient of lighter fluid, and a Pale oil...generic for a a light 10 weight oil.

So...to get teh benefits of seafoam, take some IPA, lighter fluid and a 3-in-one oil and mix. Same stuff...wouldn't put that in your engine?? THen why use seafoam, or Berrymans for that matter?

And no, I'm not recommending someone actually add those ingredients to their car. I'm just making my point. If peeps want to put stuff in it..great. Not me though.

Quick Reply: Sea Foam Rising!