4.6L (1996-2004 Modular) Mustang Technical discussions on 1996-2004 4.6 Liter Modular Motors (2V and 4V) within.

Sea Foam Rising!

Search this Thread

Old 09-25-2006, 07:33 PM
Matts00GT
4th Gear Member

Default RE: Sea Foam Rising!

ORIGINAL: StangChik

252442...i was also the commercial parts pro for the last year...AND i am ASE ceritified, and used all testing equipment, what else do you want to know. Its been a while but i can probably tell you anything you want to know about advance auto parts
Well, I would like to know, umm your bra size. Tell me that.
Old 09-25-2006, 07:40 PM
mattmoto441
3rd Gear Member

ive said it b4 and i will say it again

IMO seafoam is a gimmick/joke its something that you would see at 2in the morning being sold by the Oxey Clean guy, that make ppl think that the car is smoaking that must be doing something to help, but in fact its just playing on simple minds that dont know any better, my buddy has a 95 LT1 Z28 that he did seafoam 2-3 times a year thinking that it did something like clean the valves lifters and outher parts in the motor untill he did a head and cam swap and found all the normal sings of carbon build up and worn out valve stem seals, the only thing the sea foam did was clean out the injecters out and burn a hole in his pocket, this is just my opinion (dont buy it)

Old 09-25-2006, 08:02 PM
korn253
3rd Gear Member

[/quote]

LOL@carbon build up. Thats called smoke from pouring a liquid through your pcv valve. Try it with water. Youll get the same result. I agree it is a good $6 insurance, but i doubt it truly works wonders. Also lots of things would clean a spark plug. And if you're pulling it out, why not just clean it then?
[/quote]

Are you really that stupid? You think that water is going to make ur engine smoke, its definitly going to do something. I've never tried the sefoam stuff but everyone says it makes ur engine smoke for about 15 minutes, and if u think that the only thing making it smoke is the seafoam ur wrong, cuz it wouln not take very long for it to just burn up the seafoam, everyone on here swears by the stuff so i believe that its doin something.
Old 09-25-2006, 08:05 PM
Matts00GT
4th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: korn253
LOL@carbon build up. Thats called smoke from pouring a liquid through your pcv valve. Try it with water. Youll get the same result. I agree it is a good $6 insurance, but i doubt it truly works wonders. Also lots of things would clean a spark plug. And if you're pulling it out, why not just clean it then?
[/quote]

Are you really that stupid? You think that water is going to make ur engine smoke, its definitly going to do something. I've never tried the sefoam stuff but everyone says it makes ur engine smoke for about 15 minutes, and if u think that the only thing making it smoke is the seafoam ur wrong, cuz it wouln not take very long for it to just burn up the seafoam, everyone on here swears by the stuff so i believe that its doin something.
[/quote]

Yes water will make your engine smoke, ********. Go try it.

With your train of thought, if everyone said having sex with your mom was great, then youd believe it and want to try it right?
Old 09-25-2006, 08:07 PM
korn253
3rd Gear Member

Yea and it can also ruin ur oil and cause a **** load of other problems, telling some one to pir water in there engine is by far the stupidest thing i have ever seen on this forum
Old 09-25-2006, 08:10 PM
Matts00GT
4th Gear Member

Yea and it can also ruin ur oil and cause a **** load of other problems, telling some one to pir water in there engine is by far the stupidest thing i have ever seen on this forum
If someone is dumb enough to actually pour water in their motor, then they are an idiot. I was being sarcastic earlier. It was to prove that just b/c something smokes, does not mean its working. Obviously sarcasm is beyond you.
Old 09-25-2006, 08:11 PM
Derf00
Gentleman's Relish

his point is...water = smoke, seafoam = smoke.. smoke does not equal doing anything for the motor. He was being overly sarcastic in the hopes someone would see his point. So far he's 1 for 3
Old 09-25-2006, 08:11 PM
ackuric
4th Gear Member

my seafoam experience. first time i seafoamed, i did the same amount as the rest of the times i had in the future. 2 shooters worth, i got a huge smoke show, lasted 15-20 seconds. this very last time i seafoamed, same amount, only smoked 1 cloud, 2 seconds. so, is it just seafoam causing the smoke show? i followed my exact same routine the first, and last time.

I dont know about seafoam, but there has been studies on chevron techron and other fuel system additives, and it has been NOTED that the CUMBUSTION CHAMBERS (who the hell said these fuel additives clean your heads, please don't comment on things you dont know about, we call this ignorance) were SPARKLING.

you're a moron if you...bash any product that you are not fully aware of. yes, it works, it does EXACTLY what it is advertised to do. Results MAY VARY, because, thats how life works, theres always variables.

of course the product can harm your engine, if used improperly. just like Oxygen or h2O can damage the human body.
Old 09-25-2006, 08:14 PM
ackuric
4th Gear Member

If someone is dumb enough to actually pour water in their motor, then they are an idiot. I was being sarcastic earlier. It was to prove that just b/c something smokes, does not mean its working. Obviously sarcasm is beyond you.

never heard of water injection? lots of ENGINES use it. It can also be done to cause a 'steam cleaning' effect. you're just dumb if you dump a bucket of water expecting your engine to compress it.
Old 09-25-2006, 08:17 PM
Matts00GT
4th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: ackuric

never heard of water injection? lots of ENGINES use it. It can also be done to cause a 'steam cleaning' effect. you're just dumb if you dump a bucket of water expecting your engine to compress it.

My point.^^

Quick Reply: Sea Foam Rising!