4.6L (1996-2004 Modular) Mustang Technical discussions on 1996-2004 4.6 Liter Modular Motors (2V and 4V) within.

Sea Foam Rising!

Search this Thread

Old 09-25-2006, 06:33 PM
ben790450
I ♥ Acer

Default Sea Foam Rising!

Ok so im sure all the newbs have asked this a million times and this is really a newb question but ive never run seafoam in the stang and thought wtf why not ill give it a try. What the best way to do it. Ive run it before but that was on my old 350 4 barrell TB injection truck. Whats the best way to run it through on the ponies?
Old 09-25-2006, 06:34 PM
travisl1213
4th Gear Member

Default RE: Sea Foam Rising!

pcv valve
Old 09-25-2006, 06:35 PM
Matts00GT
4th Gear Member

Through the PCV hose and then through the gas tank. You can also put it in your oil. Ive used it a few times. I dont think it really does much, but for 6 bucks, why not.
Old 09-25-2006, 06:50 PM
StangChik
3rd Gear Member

it does a lot more than you see. That stuff is amazing. I like to do it right before an oil change
Old 09-25-2006, 06:57 PM
Matts00GT
4th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: StangChik

it does a lot more than you see. That stuff is amazing. I like to do it right before an oil change
Have you taken your motor apart and looked? Until you actually have proof of it working, dont say it does. Does it make a smoke show? Yea of course.

Take your motor apart before and take pictures. Then take it apart after and take more pictures. Until I see some proof, I still say its the placebo effect.
Old 09-25-2006, 06:59 PM
ben790450
I ♥ Acer

Thats cool thnx guys. Yeah im with you Matt im skeptical on everything that clames to work wonders. I just threw in some lucus fuel additive and cleaner becuase they all swear by it and say its better than sea foam and it is the next best thing and its only $3 but idk i didnt really see a difference. Then again i wasnt having carbon or build up problems in the first place. Oh well.
Old 09-25-2006, 07:03 PM
StangChik
3rd Gear Member

hey don't be an @sshole. Use it and then, take a spark plug out before and after, you'll see a difference.....get your oil changed and look at the crap that comes out with it. Granted my oil is always perfect and clean when i change it. but after you use seafoam, you'll see the stuff that comes out. I can't tell a difference, so i'll keep using it. Its nothing but an extra step to keep the insides of your motor clean and carbon free...uhh that smoke you see coming out the back...ya that's carbon build up burning up and exiting your engine, if you'd rather have that stay on the inside then don't use it.

Oh one more example. Take you IAC off look inside it.....there's a good example of carbon build up. Now imagine what the inside of your engine looks like if don't burn that crap out.

If you really want to search the internet....and you'll see some good write ups about seafoam and its advantages
Old 09-25-2006, 07:06 PM
Matts00GT
4th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: StangChik

hey don't be an @sshole. Use it and then, take a spark plug out before and after, you'll see a difference.....get your oil changed and look at the crap that comes out with it. Granted my oil is always perfect and clean when i change it. but after you use seafoam, you'll see the stuff that comes out. I can't tell a difference, so i'll keep using it. Its nothing but an extra step to keep the insides of your motor clean and carbon free...uhh that smoke you see coming out the back...ya that's carbon build up burning up and exiting your engine, if you'd rather have that stay on the inside then don't use it.

Oh one more example. Take you IAC off look inside it.....there's a good example of carbon build up. Now imagine what the inside of your engine looks like if don't burn that crap out.

If you really want to search the internet....and you'll see some good write ups about seafoam and its advantages
LOL@carbon build up. Thats called smoke from pouring a liquid through your pcv valve. Try it with water. Youll get the same result. I agree it is a good $6 insurance, but i doubt it truly works wonders. Also lots of things would clean a spark plug. And if you're pulling it out, why not just clean it then?
Old 09-25-2006, 07:06 PM
StangChik
3rd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: ben790450

Thats cool thnx guys. Yeah im with you Matt im skeptical on everything that clames to work wonders. I just threw in some lucus fuel additive and cleaner becuase they all swear by it and say its better than sea foam and it is the next best thing and its only $3 but idk i didnt really see a difference. Then again i wasnt having carbon or build up problems in the first place. Oh well.
Even if you don't have any carbon build up or problesm like that...its a really good preventative maintence measure to take up.

Oh and lucas is good too, but that's mainly a stabilizer...it doesn't do as much cleaning out as sea foam does
Old 09-25-2006, 07:07 PM
stang2000
5th Gear Member

I don't know what to give it. I did it and now I'm replacing my motor for burnt piston rings. I'm not saying it's the culprit but it's kind of funny it ran fine before and then I run Seafoam through it and 2 days later she burns up. At this point I can't give you a straight answer it's top notch stuff or it'll cost you over $5,000 in repairs. Who knows. Just wanted to pass along my experience.

Quick Reply: Sea Foam Rising!