4.6L (1996-2004 Modular) Mustang Technical discussions on 1996-2004 4.6 Liter Modular Motors (2V and 4V) within.

which car

Search this Thread

Old 09-26-2006, 06:12 PM
FordStang5.0
1st Gear Member

Default RE: which car

why does the copression ratio blow on it its like a brand new motor i dont know a crap load of info on mustangs but im on my way to and why wouldnt i be able to s/c in the future????? just wondering not trying to be a d!@K

ORIGINAL: hdawg06

Personally I think the gas crisis is over-exaggerated. It is $1.96 here, and has gone down almost $.35 in a month. I see it going down for a bit more. I wouldn't worry about it. The turbo integra sounds nice, but do you want FWD again? I know I hated FWD, and will never go back to it. If this is just a car to get back and forth to work, don't get either, but if power is something you want, then the mustang may be better in the long run, but 2vs do suck ***. Especially the non-PI engines. I know yours has the PI swap, but the compression ratio on it blows, so you won't be able to run a s/c in the future.
Old 09-26-2006, 06:20 PM
BigBen09
1st Gear Member

i would get the teg because i would not want a 97 that had a motor swap that car has been through alot. Get the Teg and the teg is a 99
Old 09-26-2006, 06:28 PM
sstang
5th Gear Member

Definitely get the teggy. The insurance would be a lot for a high schooler, and gas would be a little more too on the mustang. Plus, a teggy putting down 270's at the wheels is WAY faster than a new edge stang. The hp might not be much of a difference, but the weight is. It's probably a mid to low 13 second car, since they are lighter.
Old 09-26-2006, 06:32 PM
II 98 GT II
4th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: FordStang5.0

why does the copression ratio blow on it its like a brand new motor i dont know a crap load of info on mustangs but im on my way to and why wouldnt i be able to s/c in the future????? just wondering not trying to be a d!@K

Personally I think the gas crisis is over-exaggerated. It is $1.96 here, and has gone down almost $.35 in a month. I see it going down for a bit more. I wouldn't worry about it. The turbo integra sounds nice, but do you want FWD again? I know I hated FWD, and will never go back to it. If this is just a car to get back and forth to work, don't get either, but if power is something you want, then the mustang may be better in the long run, but 2vs do suck ***. Especially the non-PI engines. I know yours has the PI swap, but the compression ratio on it blows, so you won't be able to run a s/c in the future.

I think hdawg06 was reading that the GT has been PI swapped. It hasn't. It was a PI motor swap. Your compression ratio doesn't suck. When people put PI heads on an NPI engine, you get a high compression ratio, which is unfriendly to forced induction. That comment doesn't apply to you.

Let's clear this up, the 97 GT that FordStang5.0 is looking at has a complete 02 engine. It has NOT been PI swapped.
Old 09-26-2006, 06:36 PM
travisl1213
4th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: FordStang5.0

u will be able to s/c it if u want. he is thinkning of a non pi motor with a head swap not a pi motor swaped into the car. u compression ratio isnt that high. i say get the mustang. i used to have a celica with a motor swap and a bunch of crap and then i got a mustang, its worth it. gas prices are going down and i only pay 113 a month for full coverage on my mustang and im 18.
Old 09-26-2006, 08:18 PM
Gar4pt6
4th Gear Member

its whatever you truly want...if your willing to sacrafice money for a tight lookin/soundin car like i did then there ya go...if not the integra here you come. Im 17 and i pay $180 a month insurance with about every discaunt available as well. Good luck