4.6L (1996-2004 Modular) Mustang Technical discussions on 1996-2004 4.6 Liter Modular Motors (2V and 4V) within.

I need to beat an srt-4

Search this Thread

Old 09-29-2006, 07:17 PM
ben790450
I ♥ Acer

Default RE: I need to beat an srt-4

ORIGINAL: Ryan86272

ORIGINAL: MUFFxMAN

ORIGINAL: wes ley n the G T

ORIGINAL: 03sonicgt

A mild bolt-on gt will walk a stock srt 4. Stock vs stock, its a drivers race.

errr. WRONG!!! im sorry bro but you can be a MAGICAL driver in the GT and you will not win.. the srt-4's 0-60 is 5.4 seconds and it does a quarter mile in 10... there is nothing a stock or even modified mustang can do..
^^ I hope to God youre being sarcastic...LOL 10 seconds... HAHAHAHA
okay like 10.87 seconds.. ive seen one race on the track.. so dont talk the talk when you have nothing to back it up.. if your a good driver, reaching 10-11 second 1/4 mile in an srt-4 can be done.
lmao, im guessing he isnt talking about a STOCK SRT4 :-)

And DVS what do u have done to ur mustang to Kill STI's From a DIG?? I cant see the SRT4.
Yeah really. I have 4.10's and ive killed those SRT's from a dig but sti's beat the living $#!+ out of me from a launch. I usually can catch the older ones in third but those 06 sti's are evil. I raced a dude a while back with an 06 with an intake, pipe, and tuner and he raped me. I had to go pull over and calm my car down and give it a pep talk to raise her spirits. Then we went and took out all our aggression on some poor eclipse turbo.
Old 09-29-2006, 07:19 PM
PWORLDSTANG
4th Gear Member

One of my best friends has an Stage 1 04' SRT-4. We've raced A LOT! Everytime he got a new mod, we'd race. And I have been and still am 100 % stock. I have an 03' GT (manual) .... Here is how some of our races have looked like...
(Me vs. Him)
Stock vs. Intake and motor mounts: Drivers race. I'd beat him the majority of the time.
Stock vs. Intake, motor mounts, downpipe: I beat him twice. He beat me atleast 10 times. [&:]
Stock vs. Intake, motor mounts, downpipe, exhaust: I beat him 3 times out of out three times racing on the street. It was weird because I could barely beat him with just his downpipe. But he said: "my computer was still adjusting to my exhaust, so it was running stock boost levels". I don't know enough about those cars to know if that was the truth or just a friendly excuse. ... We then raced on the freeway after these three and he beat me by only half a car.. and he's beaten me on the freeway by up to two cars before.

We haven't raced since he's gotten all of his stage 1 mods put on.. he'd eat me anyway..

Beating these cars depends a lot on the driver. And since you have an automatic, I Imagine that could be part of why you lost. I consider myself to be very good driver, but usually we can only beat their cars from a first gear roll or stop.
Old 09-29-2006, 07:29 PM
ben790450
I ♥ Acer

Yeah those motor mounts are good for atleast 45 hp or more
Old 09-29-2006, 07:39 PM
PWORLDSTANG
4th Gear Member

LMAO... I told him something similar when he first put them on. I thought they were a wast of money.. But he insisted that they made his car faster by stablizing the engine more then the stock ones do..Makes sense.. But a mod is a mod right?.. and he knows more about his car then I do.

ORIGINAL: ben790450

Yeah those motor mounts are good for atleast 45 hp or more
Old 09-29-2006, 08:31 PM
MUFFxMAN
I ♥ Acer

errr. WRONG!!! im sorry bro but you can be a MAGICAL driver in the GT and you will not win.. the srt-4's 0-60 is 5.4 seconds and it does a quarter mile in 10... there is nothing a stock or even modified mustang can do..
okay like 10.87 seconds.. ive seen one race on the track.. so dont talk the talk when you have nothing to back it up.. if your a good driver, reaching 10-11 second 1/4 mile in an srt-4 can be done.
No you havent man. Go home. Its over.
bro what are you doing driving a mustang! you know nothing. mustangs are meant for men not ******
Old 09-29-2006, 08:34 PM
ben790450
I ♥ Acer

bro what are you doing driving a mustang! you know nothing. mustangs are meant for men not ******
Haha this is great! Man you're in the wrong area. If you're going to start fights and resort to stuff like this just get in your srt and go home. Grow up and learn to talk and debate like an adult and then maybe we'll all respect you. Im sure you "saw" an srt get a 10 but it was probably the 8th mile not the 1/4 lol
Old 09-29-2006, 08:40 PM
MUFFxMAN
I ♥ Acer

Haha this is great! Man you're in the wrong area. If you're going to start fights and resort to stuff like this just get in your srt and go home. Grow up and learn to talk and debate like an adult and then maybe we'll all respect you. Im sure you "saw" an srt get a 10 but it was probably the 8th mile not the 1/4 lol
first lets get this straight... i have a MUSTANG, not an srt-4.. my FRIEND has an SRT-4 that he took to the track and got the time 10.87 at 1/4!! im sorry but no stock mustang can beat that off the line or in the dig.. dont be upset that a "girl" car can RAPE your car..
Old 09-29-2006, 08:46 PM
ben790450
I ♥ Acer

first lets get this straight... i have a MUSTANG, not an srt-4.. my FRIEND has an SRT-4 that he took to the track and got the time 10.87 at 1/4!! im sorry but no stock mustang can beat that off the line or in the dig.. dont be upset that a "girl" car can RAPE your car..
Yeah no stock srt can run that time son. BTW i "rape" stock SRT-4s all night long so dont be so quick to assume. My car only weights about 300 lbs more than an srt-4 and i make about 70 more hp and 80 more trq.
Old 09-29-2006, 08:59 PM
MUFFxMAN
I ♥ Acer

Yeah no stock srt can run that time son. BTW i "rape" stock SRT-4s all night long so dont be so quick to assume. My car only weights about 300 lbs more than an srt-4 and i make about 70 more hp and 80 more trq.
a STOCK SRT-4 with a good DRIVER can get that time. he showed me the time slip... and do you have a dyno sheet to prove the 70 more hp and 80 more trq?? probably not you just round it off with every mod... and your probably going off what you get off the crank.. which means nothing. unless you can prove dont try to tell me that you can rape an srt-4.. and if you can then they must be some ****ty srt-4 drivers out there because thats impossible! thats the only thing i hate about mustang GT.. SOME drivers dont know there limits and they have big heads thinking there cars fast when really there not..
Old 09-29-2006, 09:03 PM
ben790450
I ♥ Acer

a STOCK SRT-4 with a good DRIVER can get that time. he showed me the time slip... and do you have a dyno sheet to prove the 70 more hp and 80 more trq?? probably not you just round it off with every mod... and your probably going off what you get off the crank.. which means nothing. unless you can prove dont try to tell me that you can rape an srt-4.. and if you can then they must be some ****ty srt-4 drivers out there because thats impossible! thats the only thing i hate about mustang GT.. SOME drivers dont know there limits and they have big heads thinking there cars fast when really there not..
I dyno'd at 280 hp at the wheels. I have the sheets to prove it. My buddies stock SRT dynod at 210 hp. Dude how do you function in everyday life?

Quick Reply: I need to beat an srt-4