4.6L (1996-2004 Modular) Mustang Technical discussions on 1996-2004 4.6 Liter Modular Motors (2V and 4V) within.

BBK x pipe

Search this Thread

Old 10-02-2006, 02:34 PM
JJ03MustangGT
5th Gear Member

Default RE: BBK x pipe

ORIGINAL: stangy004

i have bbk offroad xpipe in my cellar i hate it i had it on for one day took it right back off
this is a catted x pipe, totaly different sound and all around deal
Old 10-02-2006, 02:35 PM
avlon06
5th Gear Member

so what brand LT's do yall recommend?
Old 10-02-2006, 02:37 PM
JJ03MustangGT
5th Gear Member

headman if u have the money, mac, hooker, there are many others and all will do and give you about the same, just make sure u get ceramic coated, ull thank urself in the end
Old 10-02-2006, 02:43 PM
JJ03MustangGT
5th Gear Member

and as far as a midpipe is concerned the sound really depends on the catback, all the midpipe does is equalize the pressure in ur exhaust, whether it be x pipe or h pipe it does the job, the sounds are very close, becuase yes IVE HAD both, and even on the performance side there almost identical
Old 10-02-2006, 02:46 PM
avlon06
5th Gear Member

anyone know what sounds better on LM II's?
Old 10-02-2006, 03:44 PM
redass02gt
EXTREME Moderation

for the bbk xpipe, I had to get the manifold stud on the driver's side changed out or the stupid thing wouldn't get snug to the manifold. this was after trying to tighten the muthafugga multiple times and I still couldn't get it to stop leaking. turns out the factory stud has a little flange on it that prevents the midpipe from sealing. anyone else have this, or is my car retarded? I never saw any documentation or anything regarding this issue from BBK. also, the damn mipipe hangs low as hell unless you heat up the front part and bend it up a little bit so it tucks up an dunder the car. after all that PITA BS, it sounds really good with magnaflows. not too loud to notify every cop within 5 miles, but you can tell it's not the stock exhaust.
Old 10-02-2006, 04:00 PM
ben790450
I ♥ Acer

ORIGINAL: redass02gt

for the bbk xpipe, I had to get the manifold stud on the driver's side changed out or the stupid thing wouldn't get snug to the manifold. this was after trying to tighten the muthafugga multiple times and I still couldn't get it to stop leaking. turns out the factory stud has a little flange on it that prevents the midpipe from sealing. anyone else have this, or is my car retarded? I never saw any documentation or anything regarding this issue from BBK. also, the damn mipipe hangs low as hell unless you heat up the front part and bend it up a little bit so it tucks up an dunder the car. after all that PITA BS, it sounds really good with magnaflows. not too loud to notify every cop within 5 miles, but you can tell it's not the stock exhaust.
That is why i got long tubes. I didnt want to have to deal with all the bullsh!t off the stock headers.
Old 10-02-2006, 04:05 PM
redass02gt
EXTREME Moderation

longtubes are even further away from CARB certification. [:@]

I just figured BBK would actually let me know in the installation instructions that I need to remove the damn stud from the damn stock manifold. either that or they could've spent more than 3 minutes designing the goddamn part to fit under the goddamned car correctly. modding cars is such a pain in the butt.
Old 10-02-2006, 05:54 PM
JJ03MustangGT
5th Gear Member

well i had a lot of problems with mine too but heres the thing, u have to first off get a new gasket and second is that u need an aftermarket peice that will downsize the pipe. cuz think about it ur goin from a 2 1/4" pipe to 2.5" or bigger pipe, so u need somethin to close the gap otherwise ull have leaks.
Old 10-02-2006, 06:17 PM
redass02gt
EXTREME Moderation

you don't need anything to get the size right, it bolts right up. nor did I use a new gasket for the driver's side, seeing as there was no gasket to begin with (I reused the old one on the passenger side). the stud from the manifolds has a stupid flange on it, which is fine for the stock H-pipe, but it prevents the nut on the stud from pulling the midpipe tight to the manifolds. you can tighten that nut all day, but it doesn't matter because you are tightening against the flange instead of the manifold-to-midpipe seal. I ended up taking it to a muffler shop to get the stud replaced, only cost ~$30, and it tightened up no problem.

Quick Reply: BBK x pipe