4.6L (1996-2004 Modular) Mustang Technical discussions on 1996-2004 4.6 Liter Modular Motors (2V and 4V) within.

typhoon intake manifold?

Search this Thread

Old 10-07-2006, 08:02 PM
Obituaries
2nd Gear Member

Default RE: typhoon intake manifold?

Has anyone seen dyno results from a highly modified car with this intake? Like heads/cams/full exhaust or a blower? I know the p-51 has been proven to be awesome stock or all out modified, I wonder about the typhoon.
Old 10-07-2006, 08:09 PM
ShadowDrake
5th Gear Member

Trick flow is coming out with a new manifold that imitates the bullitt throttle plenum too (that banana shaped thing)... It's supposed to be here by november... Anyone who is considering a new intake manifold right now should hold out so we can see what numbers Trick Flow can give us.
Old 10-07-2006, 08:13 PM
droptoppony
5th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: Obituaries

Has anyone seen dyno results from a highly modified car with this intake? Like heads/cams/full exhaust or a blower? I know the p-51 has been proven to be awesome stock or all out modified, I wonder about the typhoon.
yes a guy on modular fords did before and after dyno tests on his blown 2V and either gained NO hp or lost in some areas. He took it off and put the plastic one back on.

In the dec 5.0 mag trick flow has a new 2V intake coming out...its a copy of the SVO/Bullit for @799 could be a nice deal if it can gain like the bullitt over the broad tq curve.

Old 10-07-2006, 08:14 PM
ShadowDrake
5th Gear Member

Beat you to it
Old 10-07-2006, 08:18 PM
Fryguy22
4th Gear Member

i am getting excited about that Trick Flow intake. Looks like a great deal if it does what it claims.
Old 10-07-2006, 08:18 PM
SINISTER
5th Gear Member

I have the Typhoon, and I didn't notice any difference one way or the other (gain or loss). The only reason I got it was that my stock intake cracked and was spraying coolant everywhere and the Typhoon was 1/3 the price of the P-51. I don't have any dyno numbers for it. I would wait to see what an independant tester (like a magazine) says about it.
Old 10-07-2006, 08:21 PM
Obituaries
2nd Gear Member

Ouch that blows, guess I'll wait for the trick flow intake manifold to get some reviews on it. I was originally going to go with the p-51 after I build my short block and after my heads/cams go in within the next few months to a year. So theres lots of time for other options to open up.

ORIGINAL: droptoppony

ORIGINAL: Obituaries

yes a guy on modular fords did before and after dyno tests on his blown 2V and either gained NO hp or lost in some areas. He took it off and put the plastic one back on.

In the dec 5.0 mag trick flow has a new 2V intake coming out...its a copy of the SVO/Bullit for @799 could be a nice deal if it can gain like the bullitt over the broad tq curve.

Old 10-07-2006, 08:22 PM
droptoppony
5th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: ShadowDrake

Beat you to it
[8D]
i just started a thread about it so everyone can see it. Actually might be a good intake for once.
Old 10-07-2006, 08:23 PM
Obituaries
2nd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: SINISTER

I have the Typhoon, and I didn't notice any difference one way or the other (gain or loss). The only reason I got it was that my stock intake cracked and was spraying coolant everywhere and the Typhoon was 1/3 the price of the P-51. I don't have any dyno numbers for it. I would wait to see what an independant tester (like a magazine) says about it.
MM&FF tested it on a very mild bolt on GT and gained like 20ft lbs of torque throughout the band and like 2hp peak, it was far from impressive. Upcoming test is to be done on a more modified better breathing one.
Old 10-07-2006, 08:28 PM
boss281
3rd Gear Member

i already have a full exhaust, gears, tb & plen, pulleys so the manifold should help the 2v breathe better.it makes 10hp from 2500-3500rmps & 20lb-ft @ 3000 i dont know about u but i dont drive around @ 5k rmps even when racing the average hp #s are more important that peak #s

Quick Reply: typhoon intake manifold?