4.6L (1996-2004 Modular) Mustang Technical discussions on 1996-2004 4.6 Liter Modular Motors (2V and 4V) within.

New TB equals bad gas mileage..help

Search this Thread

Old 10-11-2006, 05:20 PM
03 GT
2nd Gear Member

Default RE: New TB equals bad gas mileage..help

Was the power worth the $400 accufab setup?
Old 10-11-2006, 05:25 PM
JJ03MustangGT
5th Gear Member

hey man i got the same setup, i didnt lose any mpg, and i vividly remember gainin some power also, you might try checkin to make sure u have no leaks, unbolten all the bolts that connect to the intake manifold, retighten but make sure that u tighten them evenly, otherwise you could get leaks. youll notice the t/b plenum setup a lot better if you add a jlt cai.
Old 10-11-2006, 05:29 PM
Stangstud

as of right now, no, but the more mods i do the more i will get out of it. im just got my stang so im just starting the process of upgrades.
ORIGINAL: 03 GT

Was the power worth the $400 accufab setup?
Old 10-11-2006, 05:38 PM
Stangstud

ya thats the first thing i did check for and everything seemed to be tight and in place. why would i notice the t/b plenum setup better with a jlt Cai instead of my BBK Cai
ORIGINAL: JJ03MustangGT

hey man i got the same setup, i didnt lose any mpg, and i vividly remember gainin some power also, you might try checkin to make sure u have no leaks, unbolten all the bolts that connect to the intake manifold, retighten but make sure that u tighten them evenly, otherwise you could get leaks. youll notice the t/b plenum setup a lot better if you add a jlt cai.
Old 10-11-2006, 06:35 PM
djb1187
5th Gear Member

get exhaust man...that will help it out. More air in needs more air out
Old 10-11-2006, 06:42 PM
czwalga00gt
5th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: monkeydude3

well... more air in you need to add more fuel to it to keep things running stoich.

Do you get on it any more than usual???

If he's getting more air that would mean he's leaning himself out... not the other way. My car leaned out after i put full exhaust on before the s/c. You probably just lost the mileage from hammering on it to much.
Old 10-11-2006, 06:46 PM
sandcracker21
4th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: djb1187

get exhaust man...that will help it out. More air in needs more air out
+1

exhaust should be next on your list
Old 10-11-2006, 06:49 PM
Stangstud

Exhaust is next on my list but not till next spring after i take it out of storage. am i correct in saying that im getting too much air now. i know i didnt lose the mileage because of hammering on it because i made sure to run it smoothly for the first tank after putting the new tb/plenum on.
ORIGINAL: czwalga00gt

ORIGINAL: monkeydude3

well... more air in you need to add more fuel to it to keep things running stoich.

Do you get on it any more than usual???

If he's getting more air that would mean he's leaning himself out... not the other way. My car leaned out after i put full exhaust on before the s/c. You probably just lost the mileage from hammering on it to much.
Old 10-11-2006, 06:49 PM
Monch
3rd Gear Member

yank the negative cable from the battery for a couple of hours. the computer will re-learn its' fuel curves

if you only had 1 tank so far where you noticed less mileage, it could be that when you last filled up you didn't get a complete fill. it happens sometimes that the pump gets switched off thinking you're full when in fact you are not.
Old 10-11-2006, 07:13 PM
Dan04COBRA
Super Moderator

ORIGINAL: Monch

yank the negative cable from the battery for a couple of hours. the computer will re-learn its' fuel curves

if you only had 1 tank so far where you noticed less mileage, it could be that when you last filled up you didn't get a complete fill. it happens sometimes that the pump gets switched off thinking you're full when in fact you are not.
Erm... that's true.

Instead of figuring how many miles you got to a tank, you should be calculating your MPG by the amount of gas you're putting into your tank.

I'd forget the idea you lost any mileage until you calculate it more accurately.

Quick Reply: New TB equals bad gas mileage..help