4.6L (1996-2004 Modular) Mustang Technical discussions on 1996-2004 4.6 Liter Modular Motors (2V and 4V) within.

Why the eaton superchargers suck

Search this Thread

Old 10-12-2006, 07:34 PM
droptoppony
5th Gear Member

Default RE: Why the eaton superchargers suck

that car is a sad example....looks like a junk yard rig to me....don't know anything about the car ie tune/proper injectors/fuel pump used etc...
Old 10-12-2006, 07:59 PM
Triisomy21
4th Gear Member

Isn't it made for the 4 valve heads? that's what I was talking about when I made that comment. No doubt they make good power on cobras. I just know I wouldn't waste the time ghetto fabbing any kind of mounting system to make the eaton work.
Old 10-12-2006, 08:06 PM
GodAmGT00
5th Gear Member

I just don't like the idea of not being able to easily Intercool it.. Sure, air-to-water "Heat exchanger," may supplement, but that just doesn't seem as good.. Plus I like how Centrifugal have a little more expandability than a Roots..

JT
Old 10-12-2006, 08:06 PM
03mustgt
4th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: droptoppony

that car is a sad example....looks like a junk yard rig to me....don't know anything about the car ie tune/proper injectors/fuel pump used etc...
I agree, Not enough information shown. could have been on low boost, guys a bad driver, too many variables. Also just because its not a vortec doesnt mean it sucks....Vortecs are nice, but they just arent for me.
Old 10-12-2006, 10:29 PM
04BlueGT
5th Gear Member

Well, one issue is simple: I don't believe that the pictured is the same S/C FRPP produced for the 2V. I 'borrowed' a pic from droptop's page. I don't think they look the same. You guys?

My guess is that was backyard fabricated onto the 2V. No wonder it doesn't work.

****! How do I make the link work guys?
Old 10-12-2006, 10:34 PM
droptoppony
5th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: 04BlueGT

Well, one issue is simple: I don't believe that the pictured is the same S/C FRPP produced for the 2V. I 'borrowed' a pic from droptop's page. I don't think they look the same. You guys?

My guess is that was backyard fabricated onto the 2V. No wonder it doesn't work.

****! How do I make the link work guys?
that looks like an eaton m-90 used on early saleen 2V's and Tbird Supercoupes. Smaller blower then the eaton m-112 used on FRPP 2V kit/Cobra and Lightning.
Old 10-12-2006, 10:43 PM
VARifleman
3rd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: GodAmGT00

I just don't like the idea of not being able to easily Intercool it.. Sure, air-to-water "Heat exchanger," may supplement, but that just doesn't seem as good.. Plus I like how Centrifugal have a little more expandability than a Roots..

JT
How does it not seem as good? Flush the system with cool water and have a lower temperature intake charge than the outside air? Push that water through the same design intercooler after the heat exhanger and you still can exhange the same amount of heat energy in a unit time. Saying that they don't seem as good just ignores the thermal physics behind what is going on and in its stead is...well, I don't even know.
Old 10-12-2006, 11:08 PM
Nadelle
3rd Gear Member

u cant possibly say that all roots type blowers suck just becouse of one car.....

i prefer low rpm torqe over "lag" thank you very much

Old 10-13-2006, 01:34 AM
blueherd02gt
5th Gear Member

Old 10-13-2006, 01:34 AM
ShadowDrake
5th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: Nadelle

u cant possibly say that all roots type blowers suck just becouse of one car.....

i prefer low rpm torqe over "lag" thank you very much

Exactly. Feeling 300 ft/lbs of torque at 1500 RPM is pretty much orgasmic when compared to the GT

Quick Reply: Why the eaton superchargers suck