4.6L (1996-2004 Modular) Mustang Technical discussions on 1996-2004 4.6 Liter Modular Motors (2V and 4V) within.

Any 99-04 GT/Cobras with this hood?

Search this Thread

Old 10-26-2006, 02:58 AM
bluepony4.6
3rd Gear Member

Default RE: Any 99-04 GT/Cobras with this hood?

The bullitt side skirts are similar but have a small mudflap right behind the front wheel.
Old 10-26-2006, 04:45 AM
dvs_03gt
4th Gear Member

yeh that is one my top 3 choices in hoods, next comes the saleen hood (s281-e) or the other cobra r hood.. mmm.

anyways, yeah i had another question. how can you tell if that black gt has smoked headlights? and i have heard 03+ stangs come with smoked as a stock option?

someone fill me in.

hows the stock sideskirts look with that front end??
Old 10-26-2006, 05:02 AM
akelemecz
I ♥ Acer

Yeah .. that hood is hot ... I can't wait to get my new s281e speedster kit painted and installed .. the e-hood is bad *** ...
Old 10-26-2006, 05:55 AM
laserred38
5th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: dvs_03gt

yeh that is one my top 3 choices in hoods, next comes the saleen hood (s281-e) or the other cobra r hood.. mmm.

anyways, yeah i had another question. how can you tell if that black gt has smoked headlights? and i have heard 03+ stangs come with smoked as a stock option?

someone fill me in.

they will have a black housing...the lens is not really "smoked"...all 2001 and up have them

and machwon...from the sig pic your car looks like it has the stock sideskirts...are you talking about getting the 03/04 Cobra skirts?...if so do it

while you're at it you should do the C-pillars from the bullitts and mach 1s....those looks SO much better than the stock rounded ones
Old 10-26-2006, 11:56 AM
BlOwNsNaKe
3rd Gear Member

Ya man GREAT looking car. You should do it!
Old 10-26-2006, 03:23 PM
Machwon
4th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: laserred38

someone fill me in.

they will have a black housing...the lens is not really "smoked"...all 2001 and up have them

and machwon...from the sig pic your car looks like it has the stock sideskirts...are you talking about getting the 03/04 Cobra skirts?...if so do it

while you're at it you should do the C-pillars from the bullitts and mach 1s....those looks SO much better than the stock rounded ones
Yeah I have the stock skirts- I plan on getting the Cobra or even better the bullitt side skirts. I really miss my old mach's C pillars as well- I almost got a pair for a bargain deal...but just happened to be broke the two days I could have got them[:'(] . Yeah that Saleen E-hood is totally sweet- but I can't bring myself to pay nearly 900 before shipping for something that costs 40 bucks to make[&:].
Old 10-26-2006, 03:25 PM
SOHCtimes2
5th Gear Member

That black mustang at the top is so damned sexy....I'm jealous!
Old 10-26-2006, 04:25 PM
laserred38
5th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: Machwon

ORIGINAL: laserred38

someone fill me in.

Yeah I have the stock skirts- I plan on getting the Cobra or even better the bullitt side skirts. I really miss my old mach's C pillars as well- I almost got a pair for a bargain deal...but just happened to be broke the two days I could have got them[:'(] . Yeah that Saleen E-hood is totally sweet- but I can't bring myself to pay nearly 900 before shipping for something that costs 40 bucks to make[&:].

well i think since you already have the Cobra bumper the Cobra skirts would look good...i like the bullitt skirts too though...my faves are actually the 99 35th edition skirts...they aren't THAT different from stock but they are more rare so i would do those...also do the 03/04 Cobra mirrors...MPSautosalvage.com has the Mach 1 C-pillars...also try prestigemustang.com...personally i think the Mach/Bullitt C-pillars just finish the New Edges off right!
Old 10-26-2006, 08:35 PM
Machwon
4th Gear Member

^ couldnt agree with you more! Thanks for the links BTW!
Old 10-26-2006, 08:46 PM
Machwon
4th Gear Member

On a side note- Does anyone know if that hood pictured (Black Cervinis Cobra R) is the EXACT same as Carbonware's version??? Also no one else has any pics of this hood?

Quick Reply: Any 99-04 GT/Cobras with this hood?