4.6L (1996-2004 Modular) Mustang Technical discussions on 1996-2004 4.6 Liter Modular Motors (2V and 4V) within.

OH, MI, IL, IN - What track do you want to go to next year to meet up at?

Search this Thread

Old 10-26-2006, 07:15 PM
bigedog8
3rd Gear Member

Default RE: OH, MI, IL, IN - What track do you want to go to next year to meet up at?

ORIGINAL: 72MachOne99GT

We are'nt doing US 41,, that isnt the one we were discussing. It's too far West and would completely eliminate anyone from E. Michigan, or Ohio from making the trip. No offense man..

It's Osceola Dragway near Elkhart IN....

I'll post a link to their site.. one second...

Here

Hey DarkCrime, sorry about being so worthless man.. lol
We'll have to keep up on this thread, just to get some interest going around
East Michigan maybe, but what about all the people from Illinois? they most likely don't wanna drive all the way up to michigan....although personally I could care less because Im in IN so im right in the middle of all of you. just lmk when and where
Old 10-26-2006, 07:27 PM
DrBob
2nd Gear Member

Default RE: OH, MI, IL, IN - What track do you want to go to next year to meet up at?

Putnam Park near Indianapolis. SCCA use to run their, SVTOA runs there, and Dream Car Garage uses the track! Must be decent.
Old 10-26-2006, 07:28 PM
DrBob
2nd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: DrBob

Putnam Park near Indianapolis. SCCA use to run their, SVTOA runs there, and Dream Car Garage uses the track! Must be decent.
I guess I should clarify, it is a road racing track, not a drag strip.
Old 10-26-2006, 08:10 PM
03GTGreen
2nd Gear Member

I guess I should clarify, it is a road racing track, not a drag strip.
I would be down for that, and plus its pretty much in the middle for everyone also. I also think that would be alot more fun then the strip, you guys should consider this instead, I would attend. As for the strip I would go as far as Central IN, so you guys should set it for there, its practically mid way for everyone.
Old 10-26-2006, 08:14 PM
newb2000GT
4th Gear Member

The IL track to use would be Byron but if NW IN is too far West, Byron is WAY too far west (near Rockford, IL - North Central IL).

However, I would be down with Byron.
Old 10-26-2006, 08:20 PM
03sonicgt
5th Gear Member

I say norwalk hands down, kinda in the middle for everyone and I've heard that the track is PERFECT. I'd be more than happy to pick a day and go down there with the fellow mfers.
Old 10-26-2006, 08:51 PM
03greyGT
3rd Gear Member

Id say Norwalk, Im about 45 minutes away, and it is one of the nicest tracks in the country...
Old 10-26-2006, 09:14 PM
JD1969
Pro. B.S. caller outer

You guys need to stop suggestiong a track just because it's close to you. Of course everyone wants to go to the closest track, but if this is going to happen we need to look at where everyone is coming from and then pick a central location. People are scared to travel more than a couple hours from home, I tried to set up a track day before and everybody was being pussies about it, so I gave up.
Old 10-26-2006, 11:58 PM
72MachOne99GT
2010 Blue Ball Award Recipient

We originally focused the meet for people from Southern Michigan, Northern/Eastern Indiana, and Parts of Ohio..

In all honesty, Milan is a bit NE for me, but i Know that it will be best for alot of other people on here from MI

but then again it alienates most of Illinois, and Southern IN

Its between Milan Michigan, Norwalk Ohio, (I have NO idea where that is, help please) and Osceola Indiana
Old 10-27-2006, 12:01 AM
72MachOne99GT
2010 Blue Ball Award Recipient

I would be down for that, and plus its pretty much in the middle for everyone also. I also think that would be alot more fun then the strip, you guys should consider this instead, I would attend. As for the strip I would go as far as Central IN, so you guys should set it for there, its practically mid way for everyone.
First let me say, that as bad as i shoot down this idea, don't take offense

1. Central Indiana is a bit S. for almost all of Michigan, let alone anyone in not southern MI.
2. I don't think anyone (with the exception of 1-2 of us) would be even the slightest bit interested in a road course...its alot harder on your car, and more dangerous I would think
3. Being able to show off 1/4 mile times is a bit more important to 99% of Mustang Drivers than some time on a road course

Drag Strip it is...though, there is nothign keeping you from trying to make a road course meeting

Quick Reply: OH, MI, IL, IN - What track do you want to go to next year to meet up at?