4.6L (1996-2004 Modular) Mustang Technical discussions on 1996-2004 4.6 Liter Modular Motors (2V and 4V) within.

Bad Night

Search this Thread

Old 10-28-2006, 01:35 AM
TruckStang
2nd Gear Member

Default Bad Night

Well, I walked outside my friends house about an hour ago and couldn't find my car. Turns out, my parking break doesn't work all too well. I parked it in 1st gear and pulled the parking break all the way up as he lives on a hill. To make a long story short, car is at the end of the street smashed into a tree [:@][&o] My rear driver side quarter panel, trunk, bumper, and tail lights are all smashed to pieces. Totally sucks *****.
Old 10-28-2006, 01:39 AM
Tac2cul
3rd Gear Member

Default RE: Bad Night

holy smokes

dat does suck
Old 10-28-2006, 01:39 AM
rjgstang
3rd Gear Member

wtf is goin on?? this is at least twice in as many days!! is there a known problem with the parking brake or did you not have yours in gear either? please tell me you did?
Old 10-28-2006, 01:46 AM
StickShifty
5th Gear Member

always leave a stick in gear, cant say it enough.
Old 10-28-2006, 01:46 AM
handyandy
4th Gear Member

There is a TSB about this somewhere about some rollage that happens. It happened in my 89 pathfinder, I know its older, but damn I hope it doesn't happen to my GT too. btw it was into a house lol, no damage done though, except to my whole body is bent.
Old 10-28-2006, 01:55 AM
72MachOne99GT
2010 Blue Ball Award Recipient

Some people think it could be bad for their tranny to leave it in gear.

of course, these are the same people who never even thought about reading their owners manual

(*not saying the thread starter is, but thats what alot of people do, is just the Brake*)

my gf's cousin moved my car one day, i didnt want him to, but i went back out later that day and it wasnt in gear, just the E brake,, needless to say, my car remains locked, with the keys in my pocket now,, i wasnt too pleased
Old 10-28-2006, 01:57 AM
racer02GTstang
5th Gear Member

ive never had to park my car with it in gear, my brake works great. i wonder why everyone is having trouble? hell, in my driveway i have forgot before and left it in neutral with no E brake.. lol. but its flat
Old 10-28-2006, 01:59 AM
TruckStang
2nd Gear Member

It was in gear, and the break was as far as I could get it up. I know to leave it in gear and the break really tight when I'm on this hill. I'm still in a bit of shock, I'll try to get some pictures up asap.
Old 10-28-2006, 02:13 AM
macgyver
1st Gear Member

Alright I think I'm going to start parking my car down in front of my house. That's all I need is to have my brake go out and roll down the hill. I have to have the brake on and in gear or it will roll.
Old 10-28-2006, 02:20 AM
trickdriller
4th Gear Member

I don't know what year your car is, but I do know that the 2000 GT's had some problem with the parking break. I didn't see it, but someone I know had the parking break not work in a friggen parking lot! Some car nudged his stang, and it went rolling.

Also, does anyone know why his car rolled if it was in gear?? That doesn't make me feel too good about parking my car at all if I know putting it in gear does nothing to keep it in place. And sorry to hear about that happening. I do believe I'd loose it if I found my car at the bottom of a hill if I didn't put it there.

Quick Reply: Bad Night