4.6L (1996-2004 Modular) Mustang Technical discussions on 1996-2004 4.6 Liter Modular Motors (2V and 4V) within.

Next on the wishlist- p&p the heads

Search this Thread

Old 10-28-2006, 03:58 PM
Zoie_daGT
5th Gear Member

Default Next on the wishlist- p&p the heads

Well, as some of you may know, my car is down right now.(The Rabbit Transit/bus is a real PITA. Two hours to get to work and I get there 45 min. early.) I am saving money however and will be back on the road ASAP. I have pretty much decided to have Hanlon Motorsports build up the T45 and go w/ a Spec II clutch and aluminum flywheel. Then my tranny should be fine for any abuse that I can throw at it. I will get some BFGoodrich tires for winter and I should be somewhat set.

Now for the fun part. I plan on doing the heads on my car and then work on suspension. I am keeping the nonPI heads and the T45 to prove a point about the nonPI stangs. I was just wondering if anyone has any experience w/ modular mustang racing in CA. They offer porting and polishing for btwn. $350-550. That doesnt sound bad. I talked to a more local machine shop and they work mostly on GM heads but would do it for me for about $1k. Does anyone have any input on this or any other suggestions on where to get this work done? I think Modular mustang racing is the lowest price that I found but I would be shipping heads to them so that would cost some. I am just looking for a reasonable and established shop to do this. I know Fox Lake does them as well.(expensive but real good I believe) Any other suggestions??? Thanks for any help.
Old 10-29-2006, 03:22 PM
Zoie_daGT
5th Gear Member

Default RE: Next on the wishlist- p&p the heads

Nobody has any comments at all???
Old 10-29-2006, 03:26 PM
code3GT
Mustang Nazi

Nver heard of them.
Old 10-29-2006, 03:26 PM
Rusmisel01GT
5th Gear Member

A shop around here quoted me $700, so $500 sounds like a good deal to me... but why do you want to stay npi/t45?
Old 10-29-2006, 03:27 PM
code3GT
Mustang Nazi

Also, get a clutch adjuster with the Spec, you will "thank" me later.
Old 10-29-2006, 03:36 PM
Zoie_daGT
5th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: code3GT

Also, get a clutch adjuster with the Spec, you will "thank" me later.
Duly noted. Thanks code.

I was just concerned about the huge price difference between the two shops. If other shops are around that price, I guess it is reasonable; which means that the local porter is a rip off or better be a hell of a port job.
Old 10-29-2006, 10:20 PM
racer02GTstang
5th Gear Member

my motor and tranny are both from them.. as well with my seat delete.. im going to get head work done by them when i can tooo.. they are a great company so far.. no complaints from me.
Old 10-29-2006, 10:31 PM
Mark99GT
4th Gear Member

Never actually got anything from them, but I think my shortlbock will be coming from them this winter....
Old 10-29-2006, 11:21 PM
HpOoRwSeEr
2nd Gear Member

when you mentioned proving the pi people wrong. did you mean proving to them that p&p 94-98 heads put out the same power and efficiency as 99-04 p&p heads?
Old 10-30-2006, 12:09 PM
Zoie_daGT
5th Gear Member

No, what I mean by proving a point is that people look down on the lowly nonPI GT. I think this presents an oppurtunity. I am aiming for about 450rwhp through the means of a built block and twin turbos. I know that the heads are not great, nor the tranny but, PI people will really have to look twice when they are smoked by a nonPI headed, T45 tranny GT that they normally think is bait for a new edge sixer. BTW, for people who are going to post, "I am tired of people say, this is what I plan to do" hahahah lol, I already put 302rwhp down in my car from the stock 190ish so I am working towards that goal. (Not trying to start anything at all.)

Quick Reply: Next on the wishlist- p&p the heads