4.6L (1996-2004 Modular) Mustang Technical discussions on 1996-2004 4.6 Liter Modular Motors (2V and 4V) within.

My turn for some help.

Search this Thread

Old 10-31-2006, 09:25 PM
Steve04GT
2nd Gear Member

Default My turn for some help.

Ok its getting that time again I have to spend money on my car and im anxious!

As of right now I got 1 mod . BOMZ CAI kit, yes I got the bomz I could not see spending over $100 for an extra 1-4 hp if that. $60 to my door shipped brand new can't beat it (maybe later on down the road if I get more mods ill upgrade the CAI) . Gonna save my money for the better stuff.

Now my future plans is basically full bolt-ons then add Nitrous on top of a full bolt-on car. Kinda like what 03sonicGT did I believe he did the same thing or similar.

When I say full-bolt ons to me that means Gears, CAI, TB/Plenum, Full exhaust including headers, Tuner like a SCT xcal, Underdrive pullies, Timing adjuster, Higher stall converter for trans (Yes I have an auto), I know there is 1 or 2 other mods for auto trans can;t think of it right now, and an Upgraded suspension. Did I miss somthing?

My ultimate goal is to have a low 13's high 12's daily driver (With nitrous of course ).

SO considering all that if I didn't bore you yet what would be a good place to start im thinking gears.. And i am gonna go with 3.90 motive gears or possibly the FRPP 3.73 gears. I have 3.73 in my 73 camaro and they are a good all around street gear. I do some highway traveling so I dont wanna have **** gas mileage and I know they make a big difference from the stock ones.

And please don't tell me to save for a Supercharger. The only supercharger I want is Nitrous and thats what I plan on getting.

Any info or help be much appreciated. Sorry for the long post Im trying to be thorough (spelled that right?)
Old 10-31-2006, 09:33 PM
Steve04GT
2nd Gear Member

Default RE: My turn for some help.

POSSIBLY maybe doing Cams and Heads if I got the money to do it. But I don't consider those bolt-ons. Also I am waiting for the trickflow and summit intake I am praying they find the holy grail and open up a decent gain in the intake market because the intakes out there now suck (typhoon is horrible and cost like $500 ) basically and they are not worth spending the $$ for IMO.
Old 10-31-2006, 09:35 PM
GT03 TJS
3rd Gear Member

ur doin the same sorta thing i plan on doing...all bolt ons, maybe nitrous...no blower....

It doesnt really add power, but you might wanna start working on your suspension...It might help you launch a little bit quicker. And when I get nitrous, you better believe Im upgrading my brakes too...

like i said, not power-adders really...but just as important...

btw for some reason, typhoons get knocked bad for lotsa reasons....leaks, not fitting properly, no gains etc etc etc....

maybe some of you have had bad experiences or read of a few bad experiences, but personally, I got the typhoon, I have no leaks, i installed it myself and it bolted right in perfectly. I noticed a difference over the stock one, more noticeably over 4000 RPMs.... I'm sure its not as good as the bullitt or P-51, but its also half if not a third of the cost, and it works fine for me....
Old 10-31-2006, 09:48 PM
Steve04GT
2nd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: GT03 TJS

ur doin the same sorta thing i plan on doing...all bolt ons, maybe nitrous...no blower....

It doesnt really add power, but you might wanna start working on your suspension...It might help you launch a little bit quicker. And when I get nitrous, you better believe Im upgrading my brakes too...

like i said, not power-adders really...but just as important...

btw for some reason, typhoons get knocked bad for lotsa reasons....leaks, not fitting properly, no gains etc etc etc....

maybe some of you have had bad experiences or read of a few bad experiences, but personally, I got the typhoon, I have no leaks, i installed it myself and it bolted right in perfectly. I noticed a difference over the stock one, more noticeably over 4000 RPMs.... I'm sure its not as good as the bullitt or P-51, but its also half if not a third of the cost, and it works fine for me....
Yea I def plan on doing the suspension and adding slotted rotors and upgrading the brakes so I can stop def plan on doing that too.
Yea I have read more negative then positive reviews about the typhoon. I have not experienced it first hand so technically I am speaking out my *** but the majority of people that have had experience with it give it a negative review and thats why I plan on not doing it. Prolly gonna go with a p-51 or bullitt if I can afford it if it comes down to that.
Thanks for the info I am gonna make sure I outfit the suspension when the time comes.
Old 11-03-2006, 10:18 PM
Steve04GT
2nd Gear Member

\bump

no one wants to gimme some advice ? [X(]

Old 11-04-2006, 12:05 AM
Daisy2000
2nd Gear Member

the first thing i did to my stang was the exhaust. You definitely need to get exhaust. You won't regret it. But if you're not thinking of spending that much just yet, go with gears or pulleys.
Old 11-04-2006, 12:53 AM
GT_Bob
3rd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: Steve04GT

\bump

no one wants to gimme some advice ? [X(]

Nitrous-oxide and F/I share few characteristics. One very important thing they do share is increased cylinder pressure.

Start saving up for forged internals. At the very least, rods and pistons. Depending on how much you want to shoot that poor stock modular, a forged crank might not be a bad idea either.
Old 11-04-2006, 03:31 AM
geetee03
5th Gear Member

skip the timing adjuster, the sct adjusts it.
Old 11-04-2006, 06:29 AM
boss281
3rd Gear Member

thats what i plan on doing except i want cams. exhaust w/ LTs will sound great and you WILL notice the extra power, gears a great too so do what u want, my full exhaust was about 1400 installed and gears were about 700 installed w/ the bearing kit and the speed calibrator thing (cant remember the name im [sm=icon_guiness.gif]) so do what u can/ feel like doing eventually ull do the other stuff so i doesnt really matter right?
Old 11-04-2006, 10:13 AM
04BlueGT
5th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: geetee03

skip the timing adjuster, the sct adjusts it.
+1. If you planned on the Diablo, I'd recommend the TA just because the predator sucks at adjusting timing.

Steve, I had an ebay BOMZ intake for two months. It came apart TWICE. I soon grew tired of sucking unfiltered hot air into my motor and bought the Steeda. I hope your experience is better.

Other than that, after gears go ahead and get subs and CAs. That will help you to get the power you have to the ground. You'll be amazed what gears and a better rear suspension can do.

Quick Reply: My turn for some help.