4.6L (1996-2004 Modular) Mustang Technical discussions on 1996-2004 4.6 Liter Modular Motors (2V and 4V) within.

Anyone else scared to park their car?

Search this Thread

Old 11-02-2006, 12:42 AM
Jaybird79
4th Gear Member

Default Anyone else scared to park their car?

This is the first "new" car I've owned., being a '03 GT that's mint with the chrome plated wheels. At home it stays safely in the garage, but my job is not in the best area and they make us park out on the street. It's already gotten some smears and scratches on the clearcoat. Has anyone else had this problem? Maybe I'm just paranoid because it's a new car and I want to keep it in perfect condition. I'm thinking of driving my Mustang only when I go out at night, rather than as a daily driver.
Old 11-02-2006, 12:44 AM
MoKo_04GT
4th Gear Member

Default RE: Anyone else scared to park their car?

lol everywhere i go i park waaaaaaaaay in the back of the parking lot all by myself with no other cars around!! my last mustang (a 98 vert) got soooo many door dings and dents from jealous fuggers in random parking places....learned my lesson....not gonna happen with this stang!!
Old 11-02-2006, 01:05 AM
clix813
4th Gear Member

I try to park not to far away so that it is easy to get broken into, but i try to park were there are not so many cars so that i get hit. everyone gets mad at me when im parking cause i take a while to find a spot.
Old 11-02-2006, 01:11 AM
KartR31487
2nd Gear Member

I know how you feel man. My girlfriend kinda hates me for it...seems I put her in shape by parking in the middle of nowhere and making us walk long distances to our destinations.
Old 11-02-2006, 01:25 AM
Hash06
4th Gear Member

i know how you feel with your girlfriend, i have just started dropping her off at the door so i don't have to hear her complain, but yes i park far away
Old 11-02-2006, 02:02 AM
fastsilverstang
3rd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: MoKo_04GT

lol everywhere i go i park waaaaaaaaay in the back of the parking lot all by myself with no other cars around!! my last mustang (a 98 vert) got soooo many door dings and dents from jealous fuggers in random parking places....learned my lesson....not gonna happen with this stang!!
but you know some a** hole will still park right next to you [&:]
Old 11-02-2006, 02:08 AM
mvr
6th Gear Member

i work at a grochery store in a big plaza with lots of people always there [&:] there are a few other mustang owners that work there to and we all park in the same area... way in the back. i try not to drive my car much tho, luckaly i can drive my parents beater whenever i want so i try to take that a few times a week.

and at school i hate parking there, everyone doesnt give a **** about there or others cars and drive around like maniacs. ive already gotten some door dings and this wierd scratch on the drivers rear wheel flair where someone either hit my car or opened a door into it hard.
Old 11-02-2006, 02:11 AM
bobjenkins
1st Gear Member

I got a scratch one time from a shopping cart blowing in the wind or maybe some hater threw it at me but i didnt see anyone it was 5 am at home depot

.. my point is that this stuff happens and you cant control it
Old 11-02-2006, 02:18 AM
72MachOne99GT
2010 Blue Ball Award Recipient

Good car, welcome to hell

its gonna happen, its inevitable..

my car is a dirt road car, and i ****ing hate it.. but there isnt anything you can do other than park it, and never let it leave your driveway

its teh price you MUST pay to enjoy the car for what its worth

and yes, i isolate myself
*actualy, yesterday there was a red c5 vette just parked in teh garage, between some truck, and something else,, obvioulsy, they had money to just park their nice car amongst the regulars*
Old 11-02-2006, 02:27 AM
GT_Bob
3rd Gear Member

I don't know what in the heck you guys are talking about. You guys really need to prioritize things in your life and quit being so obsessed with your cars. I just don't understand your behavior.

As for me, I park my car in my garage at all times with at least 4 feet of clearance around it so nothing can drop, fall or bang into it. Not to mention while it is in the garage it is under a padded cover. When I do take it out, the weather is always warm, sunny and dry with not a drop of moisture in the forecast. I have been know to walk up to a 1/2 mile to avoid parking my car within 100 feet of any other car or shopping cart corral at the local supermarket. When the car gets back home, it is cleaned, parked and re-covered in the garage.

So come on now people. You really should be ashamed of yourselves.

Quick Reply: Anyone else scared to park their car?