4.6L (1996-2004 Modular) Mustang Technical discussions on 1996-2004 4.6 Liter Modular Motors (2V and 4V) within.

Racing Imports! Need help with HP

Search this Thread

Old 11-07-2006, 01:36 AM
lVlustang
3rd Gear Member

Default RE: Racing Imports! Need help with HP

I had a 04 SRT-4 raced an STI and was right beside him at a 30 MPH roll start. Raced an EVO same night, and he pulled but very little. With a boost bleed I would of pulled on both of those cars which is only a 5 dollar mod.

Edit- All cars were bone stock.
Old 11-07-2006, 01:38 AM
Steve04GT
2nd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: lVlustang

Hmmm . . . . if your racing a SRT-4, EVO, or STI forget it you lost.

Yea and all those cars you mentioned are supercharged hes N/A lol.

now my buddies 04 cobra eats stock SRT-4's , EVO's , and STI's
Old 11-07-2006, 01:39 AM
Colorado_Mustang
5th Gear Member

And you're having trouble with Hon-duhs? Practice some launching skills, along with a good suspension setup to get off the line.

ORIGINAL: denniz

na i can beat a stock srt-4
Old 11-07-2006, 01:42 AM
lxl 02 GT lxl
1st Gear Member

dont shoot over a 100 shot and you ll be fine
ORIGINAL: denniz

yea i hear it about Nos... i know that... thats the basic thing.. im just scared im screw up my engine.......anything else?
Old 11-07-2006, 01:43 AM
lVlustang
3rd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: Steve04GT

Hmmm . . . . if your racing a SRT-4, EVO, or STI forget it you lost.

Yea and all those cars you mentioned are supercharged hes N/A lol.

now my buddies 04 cobra eats stock SRT-4's , EVO's , and STI's
They're actually turbo-charged, and for the money you spend on a 04 Cobra you could mod a SRT-4 that would embarrass that cobra.

I <3 Corbas, and Mustangs. I just don't like Mustang owners who think they have the fastes thing on the road.
Old 11-07-2006, 01:46 AM
denniz
1st Gear Member

ok good launches, how can i do one? i mean does running it at a lil higher rpms then swtiching it into 1st help? like the NFS games or is that all bullsh't? i never tried that stuff
Old 11-07-2006, 01:54 AM
lVlustang
3rd Gear Member

Race from a dig # 1. If a FWD has more power he still has to catch up. I shift right at redline. You can WOT shift, but I don't know how mustangs handle that. WOT shift is when you never let go of the gas during shift. I did it in my SRT-4.

Honestly man the 2V 4.6 isnt all that great. I just bought my car 2 weeks ago, and am disappointed. If you don't have FI you don't got very much. However its a respectable fast car that is dead sexy, and I can live with that.

Also don't hate on import hate on ricers. It is very possible for a civic to not be a ricer. I still hang out with a import crowd, and theres not a honda there that couldn't stomp my car. The slowest one is making 313 WHP.
Old 11-07-2006, 01:54 AM
xxkazp3rxx
6th Gear Member

hmm Srt4's are still 24k brand new... and to make it faster then a bolt on Cobra you'd need about the same amount of money you spend on a Cobra... you can have a dyno queen, but you have to sink a lot into the suspension to get them to move... Evo's and STi's are low 13 second cars more often then not, and can be expensive to mod (sti's)... the SRT4's you shouldn't have much problems with unless they're modded pretty well - and they are VERY hard to launch..

Like I said, gears, s/c if you can afford it.. and/or small shot of nitrous. You could also do the rest of the bolt ons + cams, and suspension - and you have a 12 second car.
Old 11-07-2006, 01:57 AM
xxkazp3rxx
6th Gear Member

your 2v stops making power at 5500 rpms... don't wait until redline - shift at around 5500 rpms, look at a dyno and you'll see...

There is a difference between a ricer, and an import tuner - be careful about that.

Race from a dig # 1. If a FWD has more power he still has to catch up. I shift right at redline. You can WOT shift, but I don't know how mustangs handle that. WOT shift is when you never let go of the gas during shift. I did it in my SRT-4.

Honestly man the 2V 4.6 isnt all that great. I just bought my car 2 weeks ago, and am disappointed. If you don't have FI you don't got very much. However its a respectable fast car that is dead sexy, and I can live with that.

Also don't hate on import hate on ricers. It is very possible for a civic to not be a ricer. I still hang out with a import crowd, and theres not a honda there that couldn't stomp my car. The slowest one is making 313 WHP.
Old 11-07-2006, 01:58 AM
lVlustang
3rd Gear Member

My car was a 30 MPH rolling start king. From a dig thats a different story. I was making a little over 300 WHP with just 1800 dollars in mods.

P.S. I would take a Cobra anyday over the SRT-4, but you gotta respect that car because theyre cheap to mod and make good #'s.

Quick Reply: Racing Imports! Need help with HP