4.6L (1996-2004 Modular) Mustang Technical discussions on 1996-2004 4.6 Liter Modular Motors (2V and 4V) within.

Diablo Sport Tuner Is it worth it??

Search this Thread

Old 11-09-2006, 03:01 AM
98cobratx
1st Gear Member

Default Diablo Sport Tuner Is it worth it??

is the diablo sport tuner worth it or for that matter any other tune chip sct etc.. im debating wether to get it or not its quite pricey so i dont know ive got a basicly stock cobra will it make a difference on my car will i notice anything eta, dyno etc any input would help who has it on there stang and did work for yall.
Old 11-09-2006, 03:11 AM
bransdaman78
I ♥ Acer

Default RE: Diablo Sport Tuner Is it worth it??

yes
Old 11-09-2006, 03:12 AM
bluepony4.6
3rd Gear Member

I'd go for full exhaust, intake, and gears first. After these items you'll need a tuner. Before these items you won't gain much hp. One of my buddies got a tuner for his stock stang and was dissapointed because he couldn't feel a difference. I told him because his car was stock, it was already running close to optimal. Once you start modding your intake and exhaust you'll need a chip or tuner to optimize the Air/Fuel ratio and timing.

Oh by the way, I'd go SCT. I found it hard to find a tuner for diablosport once I left Virginia.

ORIGINAL: 98cobratx

is the diablo sport tuner worth it or for that matter any other tune chip sct etc.. im debating wether to get it or not its quite pricey so i dont know ive got a basicly stock cobra will it make a difference on my car will i notice anything eta, dyno etc any input would help who has it on there stang and did work for yall.
Old 11-09-2006, 03:12 AM
SOHCtimes2
5th Gear Member

I'd go with the SCT...my personal reason for that is that most of the tuning shops around here use SCT technology and not Diablo. But yes, it's worth it. Especially if you have an O/R midpipe and gears.
Old 11-09-2006, 03:14 AM
bluepony4.6
3rd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: SOHCtimes2

I'd go with the SCT...my personal reason for that is that most of the tuning shops around here use SCT technology and not Diablo. But yes, it's worth it. Especially if you have an O/R midpipe and gears.
Looks like I'm not the only one who thinks this way.
Old 11-09-2006, 03:16 AM
98cobratx
1st Gear Member

I'd go for full exhaust, intake, and gears first. After these items you'll need a tuner. Before these items you won't gain much hp. One of my buddies got a tuner for his stock stang and was dissapointed because he couldn't feel a difference. I told him because his car was stock, it was already running close to optimal. Once you start modding your intake and exhaust you'll need a chip or tuner to optimize the Air/Fuel ratio and timing.
ok ive got an o/r h pipe, catback, cold air and short shifter so i should wait till i get gears and throttle body is what your saying right.
Old 11-09-2006, 03:18 AM
SOHCtimes2
5th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: 98cobratx

ok ive got an o/r h pipe, catback, cold air and short shifter so i should wait till i get gears and throttle body is what your saying right.
Get a gears + tuner package and save yourself some money. The reason he says gears is because you can use the tuner to recalibrate your speedometer so that it reads accurate with the 4.10s you're going to put in.
Old 11-09-2006, 03:21 AM
98cobratx
1st Gear Member

where can i find the package deal
Old 11-09-2006, 03:23 AM
SOHCtimes2
5th Gear Member

http://www.americanmuscle.com/xcal2-...r-oil-kit.html
Old 11-09-2006, 03:44 AM
98cobratx
1st Gear Member

got a question about this little package i did some adding and found that if you buy everything seperate with 4.10s its 540 compared to the kit being 570 what the deal with that (diablo sport kit)
the sct if u bought everything separate cost the exact same

$30 gear oil
$160 Gears 4.10
$350 ds tuner

Quick Reply: Diablo Sport Tuner Is it worth it??