4.6L (1996-2004 Modular) Mustang Technical discussions on 1996-2004 4.6 Liter Modular Motors (2V and 4V) within.

Premium fuel

Search this Thread

Old 11-11-2006, 12:26 AM
akelemecz
I ♥ Acer

Default RE: Premium fuel

AMEN
Old 11-11-2006, 12:42 AM
oxfordgt
6th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: akelemecz

AMEN
LOL do more research your still wrong!

http://www.answers.com/topic/octane-rating-1
http://www.howstuffworks.com/question90.htm
http://www.state.mn.us/portal/mn/jsp...gency=Commerce
http://www.handymanusa.com/articles/octane.html

I can find facts to prove my point all day long for you but I doubt you will listen. Not that I care what you do with your money I just hate when people give out advice on here.
Old 11-11-2006, 02:08 AM
PushinTheLimit
5th Gear Member

akelemecz... it just seems with your posts you come here and act like you know everything there is to know about mustangs and act like noone else has a clue to what they're talkin about. Sure there is incorrect info sometimes, but there are plenty of guys on here that know what they're talkin about. All I'm saying is, you'll make alot more friends when you quit calling people stupid and cut and paste guys. I just get tired of seeing posts like that.
Old 11-11-2006, 02:46 AM
ShadowDrake
5th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: goldeneagle_10

akelemecz... it just seems with your posts you come here and act like you know everything there is to know about mustangs and act like noone else has a clue to what they're talkin about. Sure there is incorrect info sometimes, but there are plenty of guys on here that know what they're talkin about. All I'm saying is, you'll make alot more friends when you quit calling people stupid and cut and paste guys. I just get tired of seeing posts like that.
He's just a troll, thus the reason I have him on my block list Don't bother arguing with ignorant people, they'll drag you down to their level and beat you with experience
Old 11-11-2006, 03:27 AM
yetihairball
1st Gear Member

Argh...if your car is tuned for 87, which it is if it's a GT, then you should put 87 octane in it. 93 octane will not burn thoroughly in your engine and will likely ignite in your exhaust pipes. But just think of all the liquid fuel that is likely to STAY in your engine, sticking to and coating internals since it's not burning completely.

It's my undestanding that higher octane is good for your engine every now and again to clean stuff out, but running it all the time will only cause problems and will degrade the performance of your engine. If you want to run 93, get it tuned for 93.
Old 11-11-2006, 03:31 PM
mattmoto441
3rd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: 2004_mustang_gt

So would it be more better to put 91 octane in a 2004 mustang gt? Just wondering because it doesn't say that anywhere. thanks
yess 91 is the best to run in your stang its cleaner and its better for your motor
Old 11-11-2006, 04:36 PM
Matts00GT
4th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: mattmoto441

So would it be more better to put 91 octane in a 2004 mustang gt? Just wondering because it doesn't say that anywhere. thanks
yess 91 is the best to run in your stang its cleaner and its better for your motor
Yea, thats not true.
Old 11-11-2006, 04:53 PM
JD1969
Pro. B.S. caller outer

ORIGINAL: yetihairball

Argh...if your car is tuned for 87, which it is if it's a GT, then you should put 87 octane in it. 93 octane will not burn thoroughly in your engine and will likely ignite in your exhaust pipes. But just think of all the liquid fuel that is likely to STAY in your engine, sticking to and coating internals since it's not burning completely.

It's my undestanding that higher octane is good for your engine every now and again to clean stuff out, but running it all the time will only cause problems and will degrade the performance of your engine. If you want to run 93, get it tuned for 93.
93 will not ignite in the pipes, it won't stay in your engine in a liquid form and coat things and it is not harmfull to run in your car. You will not see a gain from running it unless you advance the ignition timing and even then only to a point. All higher octane really does is resist pre-ignition, this resistance allows higher compression, more timing, more boost, ect. It is not a cleaner fuel always, it won't clean your engine. Most of the detergant advertising is just that....advertising....always take advertising claims with a grain of salt.
If anyone is interested there is a good sticky in the Street/Strip section that explains octane and what it's effects are.
Old 11-11-2006, 05:51 PM
bransdaman78
I ♥ Acer

correct the best thing you can run is the manufacturers recomended .... but premium IS NOT going to hurt it - lol
Old 11-11-2006, 07:43 PM
mattmoto441
3rd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: Matts00GT

ORIGINAL: mattmoto441

Yea, thats not true.
why is that fill me in

Quick Reply: Premium fuel