4.6L (1996-2004 Modular) Mustang Technical discussions on 1996-2004 4.6 Liter Modular Motors (2V and 4V) within.

Problems with densecharger and prochamber?

Search this Thread

Old 08-19-2004, 06:12 PM
jishead
2nd Gear Member

Default Problems with densecharger and prochamber?

I put on the full length densecharger with 85mm MAF AND THE MAC ProChamber last night. Holy $hi7 Batman. I can't tell which is more enjoyable; the sound gain or the push you back in the seat gain (over stock). Everything else is bone stock. Now, there are some problems with these two mods:

- I will have increased tire wear.

- I will have increased insurance due to increase run-ins with the law.

- I will have decreased fuel economy. The system is actually probably capable of INcreased fuel economy but NOT if I keep mashing on the pedal to experience the sound and push!

- I can never sneak up on anybody again!

Other than these problems which I can deal with I give the upgrades a 9.9 out of 10!
I wasn't sure how it would go pushing the prochamber through the stock catback but it is going great.
Old 08-19-2004, 06:37 PM
RJM02GTDrag
2nd Gear Member

Default RE: Problems with densecharger and prochamber?

Congradulations, glad you like it, I Love the pro chamber sound as well, now get a cat back!!
Old 08-19-2004, 09:55 PM
EJ23
1st Gear Member

Get a borla stinger cat-back!! Stingers sound awesome with aftermarket H pipes as well as the prochamber.
Old 08-20-2004, 12:52 AM
jishead
2nd Gear Member

I love the sounds so much with stock cat-back and also I am very very chicken that aftermarket catback could be too loud for my neighbors and worse of all = drone. I think it's been discussed alot that a non-chambered muffler would be less likely to drone but I think it would be louder at the rear too. I wonder how restrictive the stock mufflers / tubes are. Probably nobody knows. Then...there's always the exhaust manifolds. Don't they have one more cat in them per manifold side?

I need to have somebody screem my GT up and down the street or parking lot so I can hear how good/bad/ugly it sounds now. I was in St. Louis traffic with an '03 black GT today and we traded sounds at about 70MPH. Not sure if he was impressed. His sounded good.
Old 08-20-2004, 04:33 AM
Razor19
2nd Gear Member

Congrats on the mods I'm glad you like them. Hopefully I will be getting the same densecharger setup soon also. You gotta get some vids or sound clips of that exhaust so we can all hear it.
Old 08-20-2004, 08:03 AM
rtm
2nd Gear Member

Hi jishead.

I'm glad that you liked it. I hope that it was in the condition that you were expecting. I really liked it on my GT.

Todd
Old 08-20-2004, 09:52 AM
jishead
2nd Gear Member

I'll have to find a FAQ on how you guys record your stuff. I used to be kinda big into recording and even had a 4 track recorder. Maybe I can dig up my old microphone and plug it into the laptop and record a WAV to be posted to www.mustangexhaust.com. Funny thing is I STILL have heard my own exhaust. You know how much different it sounds from the outside. I'll have to make my old lady drive it up and down the street tonight.
Old 08-20-2004, 10:26 AM
Vert_Lover
1st Gear Member

Or just chop the top off and turn it into a Vert
Old 08-20-2004, 11:23 AM
jdaniel
I ♥ Acer

Yeap, I like my set up also.
Old 08-20-2004, 11:25 AM
mdvaldosta
I ♥ Acer

I got prochamber and full densecharger as well, and I likey likey - just wish the prochamber was louder.

Quick Reply: Problems with densecharger and prochamber?