4.6L (1996-2004 Modular) Mustang Technical discussions on 1996-2004 4.6 Liter Modular Motors (2V and 4V) within.

what do u guys think? good deal?

Search this Thread

Old 11-21-2006, 03:39 PM
MoKo_04GT
4th Gear Member

Default what do u guys think? good deal?

well...i think i've found the mid-pipe im going to go with...its an x pipe....i was going to get an h pipe, but this seems to be a good deal!!
as you may know, if you have an 04 GT you have to get 02 extensions, along with the mil's or tuner...normally the 02 extensions are like $40...plus the price of a cheap h pipe wich is like $150....thats $190 BEFORE mil's!!! well....this x pipe COMES WITH 02 extensions for $179, and i think the shipping is free!!! seems like a good deal!! o/r x pipe, 02 extensions, mil eliminators...all for about $200 even!! what do you think? here is the link!!

http://www.uprproducts.com/shopping/shopexd.asp?id=724

p.s. im getting splice in mil's from another site for less than $20....the only thing that sucks is i have to wait untill dec. 5th to order =/
UGH...thats like...2 weeks! im soooo impatient!
Old 11-21-2006, 03:45 PM
II 98 GT II
4th Gear Member

Default RE: what do u guys think? good deal?

If you wanted an H pipe before, don't let saving a few bucks keep you from getting what you want. If you were saving hundreds of dollars, it would be one thing...

I say spend a little extra and get what you want, not the cheapest thing you can find.
Old 11-21-2006, 04:46 PM
rainydayracing
4th Gear Member

That's not a bad price. I agree that you should get what you want though - it's all about the sound, and you will get a much different sound from an X over H (I'm partial to the X, but everyone is different)
Old 11-21-2006, 05:27 PM
2004GTRED
2nd Gear Member

I am getting ready to order a mid pipe. the thoughts/questions i have on it are....

What kinda wire goes to the MILS? how long does the wire need to be i would just extend the wires my self.

For an 04 dont you need 4 MIL deletes?

Isnt there a write up on here how to make MIL deletes? I swear i saw it once but now i cant find it.

i am thinking we could save a little $$ if you can do that stuff yourself. 180$ for an x-pipe is a good deal but i wanted a h pipe and i know i can one for cheaper.
Old 11-21-2006, 06:47 PM
shadowfoxx
3rd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: MoKo_04GT

well...i think i've found the mid-pipe im going to go with...its an x pipe....i was going to get an h pipe, but this seems to be a good deal!!
as you may know, if you have an 04 GT you have to get 02 extensions, along with the mil's or tuner...normally the 02 extensions are like $40...plus the price of a cheap h pipe wich is like $150....thats $190 BEFORE mil's!!! well....this x pipe COMES WITH 02 extensions for $179, and i think the shipping is free!!! seems like a good deal!! o/r x pipe, 02 extensions, mil eliminators...all for about $200 even!! what do you think? here is the link!!

http://www.uprproducts.com/shopping/shopexd.asp?id=724

p.s. im getting splice in mil's from another site for less than $20....the only thing that sucks is i have to wait untill dec. 5th to order =/
UGH...thats like...2 weeks! im soooo impatient!

I live right up the street from UPR so I got that midpipe for my '01 last year.. I like it... get compliments on the sound all the time... it was pretty easy to install execpt for where it bolts on the front passenger side.. but from what I hear.. they are all a bitch at that spot..
Old 11-21-2006, 06:53 PM
shadowfoxx
3rd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: 2004GTRED

I am getting ready to order a mid pipe. the thoughts/questions i have on it are....

What kinda wire goes to the MILS? how long does the wire need to be i would just extend the wires my self.

For an 04 dont you need 4 MIL deletes?

Isnt there a write up on here how to make MIL deletes? I swear i saw it once but now i cant find it.

i am thinking we could save a little $$ if you can do that stuff yourself. 180$ for an x-pipe is a good deal but i wanted a h pipe and i know i can one for cheaper.
the 04's still only have 2 rear 02 sensors so you only need 2 mil eliminators.. but keep in mind that mil eliminators are not the most reliable things in the world.. they might work for a while then just die.. the best and only real way to stop the mil from coming on is to get a tuner and turn off the rear 02 sensors..
Old 11-21-2006, 06:59 PM
MoKo_04GT
4th Gear Member

shadowfoxx....could you feel any gains from it? im sure it isnt the 20 hp they advertise....but did you notice a difference in power?
Old 11-21-2006, 07:41 PM
stangc83
3rd Gear Member

if you wait a week i have a buddy who is getting rid of his Prochamber in about a week or so. I am sure he will give you a good deal. Like maybe 100, I was gonna try it out on my car and see what the difference in sound is, but i don't plan on buying it. just message me if you are interest.
Old 11-21-2006, 07:48 PM
shadowfoxx
3rd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: MoKo_04GT

shadowfoxx....could you feel any gains from it? im sure it isnt the 20 hp they advertise....but did you notice a difference in power?

Well, anytime you put on a mod that's suppose to give you more hp you always want it to be a lot so it could have been all in my mind.. but from what I could tell... YEAH... it felt pretty noticable to me..
Old 11-21-2006, 08:31 PM
mustang232
3rd Gear Member

someone told me removing the mufflers on a v6 stang sounds wack, but what about on a V8 car? does it sound wack or cool?

Quick Reply: what do u guys think? good deal?