4.6L (1996-2004 Modular) Mustang Technical discussions on 1996-2004 4.6 Liter Modular Motors (2V and 4V) within.

Track suspension ideas?

Search this Thread

Old 11-21-2006, 06:07 PM
majinprodigy
3rd Gear Member

Default Track suspension ideas?

solid rear axle still no IRS, budget of around 1500 just suspension (rear end) with autoX in mind?

my ideas so far

MM LCA
MM Panhard bar
MM SFC
new front end K member

any thoughts/suggestions?
i have a bullitt and stock springs/shocks are pretty good but open to suggestions
thanks
Old 11-21-2006, 08:54 PM
mysticsvtcobra96
2nd Gear Member

Default RE: Track suspension ideas?

one word bro...steeda..contact those guys and tell em what you got and how much $ you have and they will hook you up..literally
Old 11-21-2006, 09:04 PM
Aixtreme89
5th Gear Member

Well check out what all the guys are running in American Iron racing series in NASA. Most all of them are running a 3 link rear suspension. Either from Griggsracing.com or maximummotorsports.com

You have the right idea with the MM parts, work on the rear end and first ( lower control arms, torque arm, panhard bar or watts link) and get some coil-overs all the way around. And of course your going to need some subframe connectors to attach the torque arm. But what ever suspension setup you do get some form of chassis stiffening. Subframe connectors, full length subframes, or frame connectors.
Old 11-21-2006, 09:19 PM
David_K
5th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: Aixtreme89

Well check out what all the guys are running in American Iron racing series in NASA. Most all of them are running a 3 link rear suspension. Either from Griggsracing.com or maximummotorsports.com

You have the right idea with the MM parts, work on the rear end and first ( lower control arms, torque arm, panhard bar or watts link) and get some coil-overs all the way around. And of course your going to need some subframe connectors to attach the torque arm. But what ever suspension setup you do get some form of chassis stiffening. Subframe connectors, full length subframes, or frame connectors.

actually most of us AI/AIX guys run a 5 link rear end setup
Old 11-21-2006, 09:26 PM
Aixtreme89
5th Gear Member

so a majority of them are running a Steeda 5-link setup? Or the stock control arm positions with a panhard bar?
Old 11-21-2006, 09:28 PM
David_K
5th Gear Member

MM 5 link and steeda 5 lnk griggs isnt as good as i thought it was 6 months ago im regretting buing the full griggs front suspension. i have MM in the back and im very pleased with it.
Old 11-21-2006, 11:21 PM
Aixtreme89
5th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: David_K

MM 5 link and steeda 5 lnk griggs isnt as good as i thought it was 6 months ago im regretting buing the full griggs front suspension. i have MM in the back and im very pleased with it.
Im confused I didnt know Maximum Motorsports offered a 5-link. I see that they sell stamped steel upper control arms, but there are obviously better upper control arms then them. Tell me your rear setup. I always thought griggs was better than MM. But now that I have come down to money issues I just seriously looked at MM yesterday as a matter of fact as an option. I am impressed and its is bassicly half the cost for the rear suspension.

Did you buy the SLA front suspension from Griggs? Thats real expensive!! But I would think having dual A arms, would be only beneficial. Thanks for your insite, thats really reasuring me to go towards MM!

Oh and also... Is there anyone running a IRS out of a cobra in AI/AIX? I was considering a swap and then just fin tuning it with Kenny Brown stuff or MM's. I always hear them swaping them out for a solid for drag racing. Someone needs to have a ultimate rear suspension compairison. 3-link VS 4 link VS 5 link VS IRS !!!!!!!
Old 11-21-2006, 11:39 PM
blstoff
2nd Gear Member

I have MM UCA's , adjustable LCA's & their panhard bar . the best IMO .
Old 11-21-2006, 11:46 PM
jacrockett
3rd Gear Member

Call MM tech support. Tell them how much $$ u have now, and where you want to eventually end up. They did right by me. The only parts I bought (and don't currently use) are my Eibach springs... because I converted to coil-overs. I am exceptionally pleased with my MM expeience!!!
Old 11-21-2006, 11:47 PM
jacrockett
3rd Gear Member

Call MM tech support. Tell them how much $$ u have now, and where you want to eventually end up. They did right by me. The only parts I bought (and don't currently use) are my Eibach springs... because I converted to coil-overs. I am exceptionally pleased with my MM expeience!!!

Quick Reply: Track suspension ideas?