4.6L (1996-2004 Modular) Mustang Technical discussions on 1996-2004 4.6 Liter Modular Motors (2V and 4V) within.

Finally happened to me

Search this Thread

Old 11-30-2006, 06:36 PM
SixEight
2nd Gear Member

Default Finally happened to me

I always see the accident threads and just brush them off, but it's finally happened to me.

I had all the roads to myself and was pushing my car hard, general dumb****ery. I went way too fast into an off ramp in my GT. By the time I realized I wasn't going to make it, it was too late. I mashed on the brakes and tried to steer through the ramp, but the *** end lifted up and spun out. I did a 180, went up on the curb backwards, and stopped when I came back off it. Ended up sitting the wrong way on the ramp, luckily it was two lanes.

The curb hit wrecked me. Both axles are snapped, and the rear drivers tire ripping off snapped the rotor and bent up the exhaust. Front suspension is wrecked, and I probably need a new rear bumper. Who knows what else, couldn't see underneath. From what I could tell it's probably 4-5K worth of damage...which is going to hurt because I don't want to report this to my insurance.

I'd rather keep my insurance record clean than make a claim. Not that I have the money for the repairs, it's going to be hard to come up with. I may have to sell the car for whatever I can get when it's repaired.

I'm an idiot.
Old 11-30-2006, 06:38 PM
beastzilla02
5th Gear Member

Default RE: Finally happened to me

suckkkks..
Old 11-30-2006, 06:39 PM
HamMach1
5th Gear Member

Well **** that sucks I had a nasty video playing in my head of the imagry you deployed.
Old 11-30-2006, 06:47 PM
shadowfoxx
3rd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: SixEight

I always see the accident threads and just brush them off, but it's finally happened to me.

I had all the roads to myself and was pushing my car hard, general dumb****ery. I went way too fast into an off ramp in my GT. By the time I realized I wasn't going to make it, it was too late. I mashed on the brakes and tried to steer through the ramp, but the *** end lifted up and spun out. I did a 180, went up on the curb backwards, and stopped when I came back off it. Ended up sitting the wrong way on the ramp, luckily it was two lanes.

The curb hit wrecked me. Both axles are snapped, and the rear drivers tire ripping off snapped the rotor and bent up the exhaust. Front suspension is wrecked, and I probably need a new rear bumper. Who knows what else, couldn't see underneath. From what I could tell it's probably 4-5K worth of damage...which is going to hurt because I don't want to report this to my insurance.

I'd rather keep my insurance record clean than make a claim. Not that I have the money for the repairs, it's going to be hard to come up with. I may have to sell the car for whatever I can get when it's repaired.

I'm an idiot.

what's the sense in having insurance if you're not going to use it… I could see if it was only around 1000 bucks or something.. but hell.. you’re talking about 5k.. screw that.. I’d report that in a second.
Old 11-30-2006, 06:48 PM
sitnlopro99gt
4th Gear Member

sorry to hear that dude I wouldnt wish that on my worst enemy goodluck gettin through it all
Old 11-30-2006, 06:54 PM
P Zero
5th Gear Member

Glad to hear youre in good shape. **** happens to all of us at times. Happend to me on christmas eve, comin home from a party, swerved to miss a deer, hit a patch of black ice and bam spun the car into a damn tree, bashed in the pass. side 1/4 panel. [:@]
My best advice to you, try to find as many pieces as you can from a salvage yard. Get it just enough so its drivable, then you can slowly but surely fix er up the rest of the way.
-P.
Old 11-30-2006, 06:54 PM
Rusmisel01GT
5th Gear Member

Definately insurance, Just say it was raining or something and you hydroplained on the highway.. or on the street, why pay a ****load for insurance if you aint gonna use it.
Old 11-30-2006, 07:02 PM
04BlueGT
5th Gear Member

I'm sorry to hear about your car. That is really a shame.

However, I wish I could shake your hand. You're taking the responsibility for it. I've grown tired of all the accident posts where the driver did 'nothing wrong' and 'it just happened', blah, blah, blah. My hat is off to you, sir, for owning up to it.

You can take a man's money, girl, possessions, even his life. The only thing you cannot take from him is his word. Only he can do that. It's the only thing we truly own.

Again, hats off to an honest man.
Old 11-30-2006, 07:08 PM
hammeron
6th Gear Member

glad your ok too.

i'm thinking more like 6-8k for repairs
Old 11-30-2006, 07:13 PM
slow99GT
3rd Gear Member

You might have been able to save it. when you mash on the brakes its going to trasnfer all of the cars' weight to the front.. (hence you spun out) Mustangs from my experience have a really bad push.. which sux!!! .. if you are ever in that situation again try not to hammer on the brakes. try to lift off the throttle and set the car up for the corner and drive through it..
Glad your OK man that sux!!

Quick Reply: Finally happened to me