4.6L (1996-2004 Modular) Mustang Technical discussions on 1996-2004 4.6 Liter Modular Motors (2V and 4V) within.

i cant believe this...

Search this Thread

Old 12-02-2006, 03:16 AM
fishyducky
2nd Gear Member

Default i cant believe this...

to make a long story short i was cruising at 60 mph in 5th with the cruise control on and when i got to the next red light the engine starting shuttering VERY bad once it settled down to idle. then when i accelerated out of the light, it started misfiring badly, to the point where it almost had no power. it has a horrible exhaust note that just tells me that there is something internally wrong for sure, and i feel like its the end of the world...

tomorrow i am putting the stock midpipe on, stock intake, and taking it to the dealer. im so bummed.
Old 12-02-2006, 03:23 AM
Quick Shot xMLx
5th Gear Member

Default RE: i cant believe this...

Damn that sucks hopefully it's nothing too serious
Old 12-02-2006, 03:25 AM
SikGT
3rd Gear Member

Sucks to hear that's happening to your ride. Do you have warranty? I always take my ride to Cerritos Ford at the Auto Square. They always provided me with excellent service. Gave me a loaner, made sure the tank was full in it, even bought me breakfast one time. They're cool there. Just got to show up early to beat the crowd.
Old 12-02-2006, 03:28 AM
Machwon
4th Gear Member

oh man thats too bad- I hope its nothing serious...although it sounds like it cant be good. Almost sounds like something got sucked into the intake, or a bad tank of gas or something...
Old 12-02-2006, 03:54 AM
ford88
2nd Gear Member

I had that same problem minus the weird exhaust note and my fuel pump was going out[:@]
Old 12-02-2006, 04:11 AM
Quick Shot xMLx
5th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: ford88

I had that same problem minus the weird exhaust note and my fuel pump was going out[:@]
Well he better hope it's something simple like that because it sounds like it could be a lot worst
Old 12-02-2006, 02:13 PM
fishyducky
2nd Gear Member

ok well i was thinking last night a lot about this and decided im going to replace the plugs and see how the old ones look. while i was thinking, i realized the shaker and rain might not mix? do you guys think enough water could enter the shaker and suck water into the intake, and if so, would this be some of the symtoms of that?

edit: oh, and the symptoms arent as bad when its cold, and get worse as it warms up.
Old 12-02-2006, 02:19 PM
Quick Shot xMLx
5th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: fishyducky

ok well i was thinking last night a lot about this and decided im going to replace the plugs and see how the old ones look. while i was thinking, i realized the shaker and rain might not mix? do you guys think enough water could enter the shaker and suck water into the intake, and if so, would this be some of the symtoms of that?
I don't think so about the water. If it was like that then Ford really dropped the ball with the design and that's a lawsuit waiting to happen.
Old 12-02-2006, 02:23 PM
SOHCtimes2
5th Gear Member

Based on the design of the shaker....I would say that is absolutely NOT what the problem is. Definately sounds like it could be the fuel pump, my friend had the same exact symptoms when his fuel pump went out in his 94 probe gt.
Old 12-02-2006, 03:11 PM
MoKo_04GT
4th Gear Member

wow...an 04 acting that bad...that sucks!! hopefully it isnt like mine.....i've drove the **** out of mine and passed the factory warranty by 5k miles =/ only prob i have tho is just the TOB...no biggie...knock on weed...i mean wood*

Quick Reply: i cant believe this...