4.6L (1996-2004 Modular) Mustang Technical discussions on 1996-2004 4.6 Liter Modular Motors (2V and 4V) within.

Magnapacks INSTALLED!! wooohooo

Search this Thread

Old 12-04-2006, 07:46 PM
Jaybird79
4th Gear Member

Default Magnapacks INSTALLED!! wooohooo

Why did I have that stock exhaust on there before!?! This exhaust sounds and looks fantastic. The first thing I noticed was the solid 2.5" construction of the piping and how well designed it was. Definately looked very unrestrictive and extremely durable with smooth bends. I went to my local garage were I get my car worked on and the installation went smooth, maybe 45 minutes. This place holds 8-10 cars in their garage., and as I sat there reading my magazine I heard the whole place come to life with a rumble. The guy was revving the motor after installing the catback....

VERY deep, and throaty. Not raspy, ricey, or obnoxious at all, and idle was perfect. It sounds great when you start it up, and the whole car shakes with a rumble. Very smooth and even sounding tone. Perhaps the best part of the exhaust is the suprise waiting for you when you go WOT. Hard to describe but just has a very unique throaty SCREAM that sounds amazing. It doesn't drone at all, and is quite tame if you are just cruising around., so you don't attract cops. Keep in mind I have stock midpipes/manifolds so this thing can only sound better if I decide to upgrade those pieces.

The car feels quicker, and seems more eager to rev. Of course, this is just butt-dyno talking, but it definately feels quicker, especially at WOT. Tires seems to break loose a little easier. [sm=gears.gif]

As for the "****", they are very nice. [sm=happy046.gif] Polished stainless steel, 3.5" and are nestled under the bumper just perfectly. I opted not to have them stick out because I like the subtle look. No rubbing at all, and the catback itself sits very strongly in the hangers.

All in all, very happy w/ the Magnaflow Magnapacks. The guy who installed it said it will sound better as the "packs" break in. This is just what I was looking for., not crazy obnoxious loud when you are driving normally, but it screams American Muscle when you put the pedal to the metal. And yes it still sounds mean at idle, and has a nice deep tone during normal driving.

Once I get my digital camera back from my friend whose borrowing it for vacation, I will take pics of the ****, and of course sound clips. Honestly though sound clips would not do this exhaust justice, it has to be heard and felt in real life, to fully be appreciated.
Old 12-04-2006, 07:49 PM
Dan04COBRA
Super Moderator

Default RE: Magnapacks INSTALLED!! wooohooo

I had Magnapacks on my 02 GT, cops around here didn't like them much and I had to take them off.

Been fooling around with cat-back/mid-pipe combo's since and I can't find anything that suits my needs. I might be having some pipes bent to make the Magnapacks fit my Cobra in the spring.

BTW, you hit the nail directly on the head about sound clips.. I actually have a couple that give a good idea of what they sound like, but it still doesn't quite capture the sound.
Old 12-04-2006, 07:49 PM
98GTpony
3rd Gear Member

sounds bad@ss post pics as soon as possible
Old 12-04-2006, 07:50 PM
sitnlopro99gt
4th Gear Member

nice glad it went well for you sure do fall in love with that sound
Old 12-04-2006, 07:55 PM
HamMach1
5th Gear Member

Awesome stuff dude! Im putting my MAC up for sale. Hoping to go with Pack/Stingers
Old 12-04-2006, 08:00 PM
Jaybird79
4th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: Slicktastyk Matt

Awesome stuff dude! Im putting my MAC up for sale. Hoping to go with Pack/Stingers
You should be happy with either one man. At $325 shipped I could not say no to the Packs. The cheapest I can find Stingers is $550 shipped.

Dan04Cobra,

What midipes do you have on your Packs now for the Cobra? I know we got different cars w/ different motors, but it would be cool to see what midpipe goes best w/ our catbacks. I think an H pipe would just add to the deepness and sound great. Then again the X-pipe may make it sound more raw and aggressive. Keep us posted man.
Old 12-04-2006, 08:01 PM
HamMach1
5th Gear Member

Where'd you get it for $325??? I spent 350 on the MAC
Old 12-04-2006, 08:06 PM
Jaybird79
4th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: Slicktastyk Matt

Where'd you get it for $325??? I spent 350 on the MAC
The place I ordered it from took it down at that price., however they have 1 unit on ebay that is $340. Check it out! Magnaflow Magnapacks Mine arrived promptly in 2 days.
Old 12-04-2006, 08:09 PM
HamMach1
5th Gear Member

Damn good deal. Knowing my luck they'll run out before I have enough money
Old 12-04-2006, 08:15 PM
Hash06
4th Gear Member

i am now thinking that this is going to be the catback that i get, congrats though

Quick Reply: Magnapacks INSTALLED!! wooohooo