4.6L (1996-2004 Modular) Mustang Technical discussions on 1996-2004 4.6 Liter Modular Motors (2V and 4V) within.

I Really Hate To Do This To You, But...

Search this Thread

Old 12-05-2006, 11:49 AM
gtboy2k
2nd Gear Member

Default I Really Hate To Do This To You, But...

First off, I know there have been tons of supercharger theads lately, as there always seems to be I suppose, but most of those are opinion I think. I am looking more for facts based on a 99-04 Mustang GT running around 9-10 psi.
I plan on supercharging my mustang real soon, and am having seriously the hardest time deciding which route I want to take. The choice I am trying to make is between a Procharger D1SC vs. a Kenne Bell 2.1 (intercooled). I guess my main question is which is quicker(from a stop and a roll), and I know Kenne Bell makes boost sooner, but does it still have boost drop off towards the top giving way to the procharger.
Thanks for the help.
Old 12-05-2006, 11:53 AM
djb1187
5th Gear Member

Default RE: I Really Hate To Do This To You, But...

yeah why do you have to do this to us...jk. well its personal prefrence honestly. There is a lot of rumors going around saying that a centrifugal is bad for the street and such which is not true. but i wouldnt say that a procharged gt would beat a kb GT. just one makes boost quicker thats all
Old 12-05-2006, 11:56 AM
SOHCtimes2
5th Gear Member

Honestly...it would be a driver's race. Whoever hooked up better would win.
Old 12-05-2006, 12:00 PM
Car_Ramrod
4th Gear Member

yea both are great...a lot of people just seem to say that its easier to hook up with a centri like the procharger because you dont have that 9 lbs of boost comin right off the line. either way u wont be disappointed.

it all depends on whats important to you. if you love the whine of the KB and its worth the extra dough...then go for that.

but if the spool of the procharger is good enough...then you will have some extra money lef over for supporting/suspension mods.

i would personally go procharger out of those 2...but thats me...im ballin on a budget lol.
Old 12-05-2006, 12:04 PM
uberstang1
Chupacabra

Turbonetics or hellion turbo FTW
Old 12-05-2006, 12:05 PM
gtboy2k
2nd Gear Member

I guess while kinda on topic, what makes a D1sc better than a P1sc...is it just efficency?
Old 12-05-2006, 12:10 PM
doughboy4.6
3rd Gear Member

well some facts are that I can not get my car too hook with mickey thompson DR. If I were to have a KB blower there is no way I could get my car out of the hole. I had a race the other night and I was on street tires I had too take off from idel and shift at 3k when I got into 2nt and hit about 4k I started to spin and had to let out and get back in it. So I guess what I am saying is do you want to beat cars on the street? If so then you dont want to make boost that soon JMO
Old 12-05-2006, 12:12 PM
Car_Ramrod
4th Gear Member

not to sure...but i always thought it was a bigger unit too. the difference between the P1SC and the D1SC is similar to vortechs S and T trims i thought. i could be totally mistaken tho.
Old 12-05-2006, 12:22 PM
Frostbitten
4th Gear Member

go with an air-air intercooled vortech setup. They are the best centri setups IMO. Other than the bracket that is difficult to work around. It sounds intimidating with the s-trim. It pulls to redline and would pull harder if you let it. I honestly would rather have an intercooled KB kit though just because I miss the eaton whine and the torque down low. Plus the blower doesnt take up alot of room.
Old 12-05-2006, 12:30 PM
ponysnake99
4th Gear Member

From a stop I would say that a procharger would be quicker, considering it allows you to hook better. The difference between the two is in the impeller design, the p1sc has strait edges while the d1sc has kind of curved edges

Quick Reply: I Really Hate To Do This To You, But...