4.6L (1996-2004 Modular) Mustang Technical discussions on 1996-2004 4.6 Liter Modular Motors (2V and 4V) within.

My Parents Gave Me the "OK"

Search this Thread

Old 12-06-2006, 09:45 PM
CobraStangGT16
5th Gear Member

Default My Parents Gave Me the "OK"

So for a while now, my parents have been debating wether or not I need to sell my GT (which I bought myself, mind you), or if I could keep it. They thought gas money was too much, too fast, etc. I persuaded them by showing them that working on my car is my lifes hobby. My dad and I built a Shelby Cobra together and ever since then, I loved working on cars. I couldn't do any mods on the car, other than what was on it, until I knew I was going to keep it. I also want to enter it into Mustang shows, and be able to pop my hood and gather a crowd. Also I want to take her to the track from time to time.

So now, I can use my extra cash to do whatever I want to the car. As of now, I want to do the following:

-New Bumpers (they're all screwed up).
-Paint touch-ups.
-Paint Cobra Spoiler again (the paint sucked).
-CAI.
-Maybe a more raspy exhaust note (but I'm happy with my flows)
-New tires for sure (spins out in the rain).
-New schocks (Bilstein probably).
-LOTS OF ENGINE DRESS UP.
-Maybe some smokes or blackouts.
-And gears if I have the money.

Any others I forgot? I can't do TOO much to my car...not just yet. They want to keep it slow until I turn 18. Then I can do whatever I want.
Old 12-06-2006, 09:48 PM
II 98 GT II
4th Gear Member

Default RE: My Parents Gave Me the "OK"

turbonator
Old 12-06-2006, 09:52 PM
ponysnake99
4th Gear Member

well if you cant make it go fast, make it handle well...your probably gonna want a coil over set up or air ride for your showmanship...so start saving, just depends on where u want to take your project...but just work on suspension/body/interior til you can touch up on the engine/drivetrain
Old 12-06-2006, 10:03 PM
silverstang1996
5th Gear Member

or if you ever thought of FI save your money up for a good supercharger or something till you turn 18, my parents are doing the same with me, i just bought a truck for the winter tho so that made me go down alot so i've been building up from there for when i turn 18 to do a DOHC motor swap.
Old 12-06-2006, 10:21 PM
stang2000
5th Gear Member

I've been doing cars for show for a while now. It'll take more than just that list you have, but I know that's jsut starters It's taken me 2 years to get my car where it's at now. Do it right, don't have *** it. People notice. If you click on my profile name, you can check all my pictures out. I'm not sure if I have the new air ride setup on the my profile if anything you want to see of my car, let me know. I'm probably the 1% out of all the people here that go more for show than speed(of course that's being dealt with right now, lol) I've done engine, engine dress up, drivetrain, suspension, wheels, tires, front, rear, and side scoops and skirts, air ride, interior. Just about everything.
Old 12-06-2006, 10:29 PM
CobraStangGT16
5th Gear Member

Stang2000

Thats a really nice lookin car there! But I think I'm more towards speed than show. I'd like to enter it in shows, yes, but I want it to be all muscle show. Like have people see it for how fast it is. Not sure I'll be getting an air-ride. I'm pretty happy with it's stance as of now. It's dropped 1.5" all around.

That list is just until I turn 18. Then comes a PI swap probably. Maybe a Paxton/Vortech centrifugal S/C. I'm fabbing up a 2000 Cobra R front fascia and hood with the wing to see what it would look like on Photoshop. But probably not the wing.
Old 12-06-2006, 10:32 PM
stang2000
5th Gear Member

well you mentioned you wanted to enter it in mustang shows. I enter those, all ford and mustang shows, and other shows as well. AS for speed, well I've got that too for sure. People say you can't be both show and go. Well guess what, yes you can. I've got the shows wins to prove it and the HP to back it up(now I just need time slips from the track). Then I'll be for sure best of both worlds.
Old 12-06-2006, 10:33 PM
Durr727
6th Gear Member

Tires should be on the top of that list. [8D]

anywayz your one lucky MF'er to have a GT at 16 which i assume u are because of your sig.
Old 12-06-2006, 11:00 PM
ZW99GT
6th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: CobraStangGT16

Stang2000

Thats a really nice lookin car there! But I think I'm more towards speed than show. I'd like to enter it in shows, yes, but I want it to be all muscle show. Like have people see it for how fast it is. Not sure I'll be getting an air-ride. I'm pretty happy with it's stance as of now. It's dropped 1.5" all around.

That list is just until I turn 18. Then comes a PI swap probably. Maybe a Paxton/Vortech centrifugal S/C. I'm fabbing up a 2000 Cobra R front fascia and hood with the wing to see what it would look like on Photoshop. But probably not the wing.
Thatd be kinda pointless seeing that you already have all the PI parts. Those are only nessacary on 96-98 Gts. referred to as NPI. meaning Non-Performance-Improved.

Morale of the story, you are already PI!!!!!
Old 12-06-2006, 11:03 PM
96cobra10101
3rd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: ZW99GT

ORIGINAL: CobraStangGT16

Stang2000

Thatd be kinda pointless seeing that you already have all the PI parts. Those are only nessacary on 96-98 Gts. referred to as NPI. meaning Non-Performance-Improved.

Morale of the story, you are already PI!!!!!
yes dude, I was going to say the same thing, but i got beat to it.

Quick Reply: My Parents Gave Me the "OK"