4.6L (1996-2004 Modular) Mustang Technical discussions on 1996-2004 4.6 Liter Modular Motors (2V and 4V) within.

well i made up my decision

Search this Thread

Old 12-07-2006, 04:28 PM
RiCe_KiLlEr
4th Gear Member

Default well i made up my decision

most of you guys know that in february i am going to the marines, and after putting much thought in i have made my final decision....i am gonna get a forged stroker kit and a kennebell big bore 2.1l. everything should be done by this coming summmer. the only thing that sucks is that im not gonna be home to be able to drive her or take her to the shop to get the stuff installed. also what suspension set-up should i go with??
Old 12-07-2006, 04:32 PM
Mark99GT
4th Gear Member

Default RE: well i made up my decision

Thats not a bad idea, but why dont you dump the insurance while you're gone (see if you can sell it). Save as much money as you can and instead of throwing a ton of money into the 4.6 upgrade to an 03 Cobra. Thats what I'd do, especially if you're not going to be around to drive it.

Good luck in the corps...
Old 12-07-2006, 04:32 PM
Hash06
4th Gear Member

that is going to be fun when you get back, make sure to get some drag radials
Old 12-07-2006, 04:35 PM
RiCe_KiLlEr
4th Gear Member

i already got some mickey thompson drag radials..03/04 cobra was another decision i was thinking but id much rather have a stock looking gt 2v beating cobras and other top of the line cars...the look on peoples face is priceless.
Old 12-07-2006, 04:36 PM
Sap
4th Gear Member

If I may, perhaps you should take the 10 thousand or so you were going to spend on that stuff and use it as a down payment for a house. Then choose a very simple reverse amortization loan at like.. 6 percent or so. Then two years from now, sell the house at a large profit (50-100K) and buy whatever upgrades you want or simply a GT500 or Aston Martin or something.

Just something to think about as housing prices will be going up soon. You can buy a forged motor and a blower, or you can make 50-100 grand, dunno, just something to think about.

E.
Old 12-07-2006, 04:40 PM
bhskins05
1st Gear Member

ORIGINAL: Sap

If I may, perhaps you should take the 10 thousand or so you were going to spend on that stuff and use it as a down payment for a house. Then choose a very simple reverse amortization loan at like.. 6 percent or so. Then two years from now, sell the house at a large profit (50-100K) and buy whatever upgrades you want or simply a GT500 or Aston Martin or something.

Just something to think about as housing prices will be going up soon. You can buy a forged motor and a blower, or you can make 50-100 grand, dunno, just something to think about.

E.

The housing market is not expected to continue to rise as it has been. It rose to much to fast, and is unable to continue the climb. Im not saying its going to crash, but dont expect high returns off current investments in the next few years.
Old 12-07-2006, 04:47 PM
RiCe_KiLlEr
4th Gear Member

real estate is dropping a little bit.. i had to sign a 5 yr contract with the marines. after i do this to my car the rest of my money is going towards a house. and seeings my father is a realtor i can get a good deal.
Old 12-07-2006, 04:54 PM
Armydad
3rd Gear Member

First of all congratulations on your decision to join the military. You will become part of a long and distinguished heritage, always be proud of that.

As far as the car, I would wait until my first duty station, then figure out what to do. If you are stationed in the States then you could use the facilities on base to upgrade your ride and save a ton of cash, or sell it and save a little for a newer higher powered model.

If you get deployed you will not be able to use the car so why upgrade? Keep the money in the bank ( or a CD) collecting interest until you are home.

Whatever your decision good luck with every thing and thank for you upcoming service.
Old 12-07-2006, 05:01 PM
Mark99GT
4th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: RiCe_KiLlEr

i already got some mickey thompson drag radials..03/04 cobra was another decision i was thinking but id much rather have a stock looking gt 2v beating cobras and other top of the line cars...the look on peoples face is priceless.
I agree with you BUT It'd be like Christmas morning, every morning, walking out to the driveway and seeing that shiny SVT badge...but thats just me...
Old 12-07-2006, 05:06 PM
RiCe_KiLlEr
4th Gear Member

yea....ive put soo much money into my car already. id hate to have to start all over again.

Quick Reply: well i made up my decision