4.6L (1996-2004 Modular) Mustang Technical discussions on 1996-2004 4.6 Liter Modular Motors (2V and 4V) within.

Side scoops and c pillar scoops? Need opinons.

Search this Thread

Old 12-11-2006, 01:53 AM
ShadowDrake
5th Gear Member

Default RE: Side scoops and c pillar scoops? Need opinons.

ORIGINAL: lookin4astang

If I knew how, I'd just make me a set. Those things are way too expensive for me right now. I may over the winter play around with some fiberglass and see what I can figure out. Theres a guy on ebay that makes side scoops and I'd consider making my own as well if I knew the steps to making one. Anyone got any good links to laying glass that might help me with this? I need a good side project and this is starting to look like my more viable option.
They are direct replacements for the c-pillars that are on there, not just a scoop that goes over the pillar. Making one will be a little more difficult.

ORIGINAL: stang2000

actually all those are non-functional. Yes I'm sure you can make them functional to cool off the rear brakes, but you're talking some understanding of modifications.
I'm talking about C-pillar scoops, not the side scoops. JMS has an option where you add $25 or so and they include the stuff you need to add a vent to the inside of the scoop that you can open from the inside to allow air into the cabin through the scoop. They say it's good for at the track while you need to have your windows closed but need some cool air in the car.
Old 12-11-2006, 09:58 PM
lookin4astang
3rd Gear Member

I had thought about buying a set of cpillars from a junk yard and playing around with them until I can find a design I like similar to what they have on there. Then making a mold and then pouring the resin and everything into there to eventually make them solid. I think it could be done, but I'm not so sure. Might give it a try if I can find some cheap enough.

The side scoops dont have to be functional really. But the set I saw had a vent made onto them that looks like it stuck through the body as a vent for the brakes.

I dunno what Ill do as of yet, but I know I dont wanna spend that much money on them if there's the chance I could make a nice set.
Old 12-16-2006, 07:48 PM
mustanggtstalker

Jms Products offers the c-pillars and side scoops. But I have done business with them and they screwed me out of $9,600 on a twin turbo install. Do what I am doing to fix his mistakes and do it yourself. Hey dude it is just fiberglass. I been messing with it for years. It just requires resin,fiberglass material,a couple of rollers and a whole lot of patients and hard work. Do yourself a favor and do it yourself it will cost you half the price.