4.6L (1996-2004 Modular) Mustang Technical discussions on 1996-2004 4.6 Liter Modular Motors (2V and 4V) within.

shouldn't take this long or $. RIGHT?

Search this Thread

Old 12-19-2006, 06:52 PM
BleedinBlue
5th Gear Member

Default RE: shouldn't take this long or $. RIGHT?

Old 12-19-2006, 06:55 PM
ben790450
I ♥ Acer

ORIGINAL: Tapeuup

ORIGINAL: 97modifiedmustangGT

he said it would probably take 2 hours to get it all done and lined up. i was kind of shocked, i mean they are stictlyan exhaust shop. i have heard some of the guys onhere that they did it themselves in about 45 min.
45 mins to do it, hour and 15 mins to test drive it
+1 [:@] D*mn exhaust shops! haha
Old 12-19-2006, 06:57 PM
97modifiedmustangGT
4th Gear Member

honestly, if you can't install a cat-back, you shouldn't be allowed to pop the hood of your car.
I never said i couldn't do it! i know i could do it i just don't want to. is there a problem with that? And just to let you know that i'm pretty sure that poping the hood is a tad easier than installing a catback. may be wrong but i would like you to tell me how to do it.
Old 12-19-2006, 06:59 PM
97modifiedmustangGT
4th Gear Member

well then you just don't have the determination... I put on my midpipe and catback in my car port while my neighbors were on vacation.
ummmmm.... congrats
Old 12-19-2006, 07:27 PM
Tapeuup
I ♥ Acer

honestly, if you can't install a cat-back, you shouldn't be allowed to pop the hood of your car.
I never said i couldn't do it! i know i could do it i just don't want to. is there a problem with that? And just to let you know that i'm pretty sure that poping the hood is a tad easier than installing a catback. may be wrong but i would like you to tell me how to do it.
What difference does it make if he does it himself or pays someone?? I know how to pump out my sepic tank but I pay someone else because I don't want to do it
Old 12-19-2006, 10:24 PM
97modifiedmustangGT
4th Gear Member

[sm=funnypostabove.gif]
Old 12-19-2006, 10:40 PM
redass02gt
EXTREME Moderation

What difference does it make if he does it himself or pays someone?? I know how to pump out my sepic tank but I pay someone else because I don't want to do it
I'm sorry, I made the mistake of thinking you were actually "car guys". I must be insane or something.
Old 12-20-2006, 12:26 AM
Ryan86272
5th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: redass02gt

I'm sorry, I made the mistake of thinking you were actually "car guys". I must be insane or something.
Some people have different Interests. this kid can be a FRICKIN genious on computers. (yes catback install isnt the most complex). This is why people specialize in jobs. so some can do it better than others. Personally i like doing stuff my self so i learn :-)
Old 12-20-2006, 12:32 AM
Dan04COBRA
Super Moderator

Okay okay okay. Let's not have a pissing match.... stay civil.

A cat-back is an easy install. Especially an SLP setup. It shouldn't take any longer than 30 minutes with 1 'mechanic' who has only ONE eye, 4 fingers& 1/4 of a brain.
Old 12-20-2006, 12:39 AM
01stangt
2nd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: Dan04COBRA

Okay okay okay. Let's not have a pissing match.... stay civil.

A cat-back is an easy install. Especially an SLP setup. It shouldn't take any longer than 30 minutes with 1 'mechanic' who has only ONE eye, 4 fingers & 1/4 of a brain.
+1 I did mine with the car on the ground...no jack, and took 45 minutes MAX..(lift it and it's easy, even a lazy person can do it! lol)

Quick Reply: shouldn't take this long or $. RIGHT?