4.6L (1996-2004 Modular) Mustang Technical discussions on 1996-2004 4.6 Liter Modular Motors (2V and 4V) within.

how many of you?

Search this Thread

Old 12-20-2006, 06:21 AM
I G Joe
5th Gear Member

Default how many of you?

went with the Vortech Supercharger kits? did you install it yourself? and do you think it is the best price for HP other than Nitrous.

*bottles are for babies, real men get blown*
Old 12-20-2006, 06:58 AM
mikev08826
I ♥ Acer

Default RE: how many of you?

1. Yes
2. Yes

It deffinately helps to have a buddy who's a mechanic around. Things go A LOT smoother with someone who works on cars for a living. Really, the only things that were a bitch on my car was figuring how to get the tensioner into place while the bracket was mounted, then having someone work the belt once the SC was on, then figuring how the **** to get the intaketubing on there.

Dropping the gas tank is a breeze, injectors are a breeze, tapping tthe oil pan is a breeze (although in all honesty, I drilled mine)

Summed up, it takes TWO people.
In my case...1 to stand around and scratch his ***** and the other to do all the work...

It's not very easy and you WILL get flustered and want to take to a speed shop. It's more about the installers dedication & collective knowledge helps out a lot.

The whole time I kept thinking to myself "Wow, this would be a lot easier the 2nd time around!!!"
Old 12-20-2006, 07:03 AM
04mineralgreyGT
4th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: mikev08826

1. Yes
2. Yes

It deffinately helps to have a buddy who's a mechanic around. Things go A LOT smoother with someone who works on cars for a living. Really, the only things that were a bitch on my car was figuring how to get the tensioner into place while the bracket was mounted, then having someone work the belt once the SC was on, then figuring how the **** to get the intaketubing on there.

Dropping the gas tank is a breeze, injectors are a breeze, tapping tthe oil pan is a breeze (although in all honesty, I drilled mine)

Summed up, it takes TWO people.
In my case...1 to stand around and scratch his ***** and the other to do all the work...

It's not very easy and you WILL get flustered and want to take to a speed shop. It's more about the installers dedication & collective knowledge helps out a lot.

The whole time I kept thinking to myself "Wow, this would be a lot easier the 2nd time around!!!"
Mikev, dropping the tank isn't that bad? Thats been the part Ive been dreading. Not a vortech kit but dropping the tank is the same.
Old 12-20-2006, 07:22 AM
mikev08826
I ♥ Acer

Your arms will be sore as **** and you'll need some SMALL *** sockets to get the fuel pump out...I guess it was physically tough. The bitch comes when you have you use your head and figure out HTF your going to mount the intake and **** with the tensioner.

Oh yeah, when you put the tank back up there will be some "loose" female ends to hold the 3 "gas tank" bolts up. FYI
Old 12-20-2006, 07:26 AM
04mineralgreyGT
4th Gear Member

Can you drop the tank with arm strength when its almost empty or would you reccomend using a floor jack? I figure that'll be the last step in the equation. Is hooking up the pump fairly easy?
Old 12-20-2006, 07:43 AM
mikev08826
I ♥ Acer

ORIGINAL: 04mineralgreyGT

Can you drop the tank with arm strength when its almost empty or would you reccomend using a floor jack? I figure that'll be the last step in the equation. Is hooking up the pump fairly easy?
I think I had just reached the "low fuel" gauge when I dropped mine. I think we did use a floor jack to lower mine, but no floor jack needed. Just some trusty jack stands to hold up the rear endand a couple of guys who aren't pussies to work the tank.

Old 12-20-2006, 09:36 AM
02StangGuy
4th Gear Member

mt two friends out a vottech in his 03 gt...took about a day and a half...they were taking their time tho...after they out it in he took it to a shop and got it tuned...ended up makin 390 rwhp..superchargers are deffinetly the biggest power adder besides spraying it
Old 12-20-2006, 09:40 AM
geetee03
5th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: I G Joe

went with the Vortech Supercharger kits? did you install it yourself? and do you think it is the best price for HP other than Nitrous.

*bottles are for babies, real men get blown*
sit down noob
-II 98 GT II