4.6L (1996-2004 Modular) Mustang Technical discussions on 1996-2004 4.6 Liter Modular Motors (2V and 4V) within.

what brand xpipe to go with my lm2's

Search this Thread

Old 12-20-2006, 04:51 PM
mvr
6th Gear Member

Default what brand xpipe to go with my lm2's

its time for me to seriously start looking at midpipes. im pretty sure i want a X pipe after listening to many exhaust clips of different setups, i like the raw/loud and sometimes raspy sound that they give. im thinking i want the SLP catted X since later on if i want i can get the slp lt's, im still not sure what i want out of this car. so which brand xpipe would all of you go with if you had the choice? it must be catted and stainless.

thanks
Old 12-20-2006, 05:12 PM
PushinTheLimit
5th Gear Member

Default RE: what brand xpipe to go with my lm2's

If you're not worried about the price... think about getting the Bassani catted-X. Sounds really good and it matches up with the Bassani midlenth headers as well.
Old 12-20-2006, 05:18 PM
mvr
6th Gear Member

well its a christmas present so its all about how much my parents want to spend.

how do you all think a catted h would sound with the lm2s? im thinking like it sounds with the stock h but louder and deeper.
Old 12-20-2006, 05:34 PM
PushinTheLimit
5th Gear Member

For a catted H, MRT has a good piece... but once again, it doesnt come that cheap. As far as how LM2's sound with a catted H, it deffinetly deep and throaty. I'm pretty sure I got a clip of each combo in my exhaust clip thread that I made. Its under the tech and how to's section. You could always go with the MAC catted H, its cheap and sounds good too.
Old 12-20-2006, 05:48 PM
jmmorgan82
3rd Gear Member

i'm about to finish the install on my bassani catted X. i'll try to find a way to record the sound and get it on my comp
Old 12-20-2006, 05:53 PM
PushinTheLimit
5th Gear Member

My cobra already has a Steeda catback on it and I plan on upgrading the midpipe as well once I get it. I've been thinkin about going with a catted X from Bassani, but I still like the MRT catted H as well. I talked to one guy that had a Steeda catback and a Magnaflow catted X on his 04 cobra and he said it was too "exotic" for him. He wish he had just went with the MRT catted H.

I really cant tell just from clips of how exotic the catted X's sound on stangs. Each sound pretty good to me tho.
Old 12-20-2006, 06:13 PM
Scjar
2nd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: mvr

its time for me to seriously start looking at midpipes. im pretty sure i want a X pipe after listening to many exhaust clips of different setups, i like the raw/loud and sometimes raspy sound that they give. im thinking i want the SLP catted X since later on if i want i can get the slp lt's, im still not sure what i want out of this car. so which brand xpipe would all of you go with if you had the choice? it must be catted and stainless.

thanks
[/align][/align]If im not mistaken, you wouldn't be able to get a midpipe for LT's and then wait for Lt's would you? Since the LT midpipe is shorter?[/align]
Old 12-20-2006, 06:21 PM
jmmorgan82
3rd Gear Member

I think if a company made a midpipe that would fit either, that would be one hot product. you could get the midpipe now, then down the road when you switch to LT's, remove the legs and connect it right up.
Old 12-20-2006, 06:33 PM
PushinTheLimit
5th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: Scjar

ORIGINAL: mvr

thanks
[/align][/align]If im not mistaken, you wouldn't be able to get a midpipe for LT's and then wait for Lt's would you? Since the LT midpipe is shorter?[/align]
They do make a shorter midpipe that connects with LT's, but I couldnt tell you which brands right off the top of my head tho.
Old 12-20-2006, 06:35 PM
Scjar
2nd Gear Member

I know SLP does, because I was looking at them for later on

Quick Reply: what brand xpipe to go with my lm2's