4.6L (1996-2004 Modular) Mustang Technical discussions on 1996-2004 4.6 Liter Modular Motors (2V and 4V) within.

New04gt

Search this Thread

Old 09-15-2004, 07:22 AM
Dan04COBRA
Super Moderator

Default RE: New04gt

Tell them to jam it up their ***.

LAW says you can modify whatever the HELL you want on your car as long as you don't go forced induction or nitrous. Also, you cannot modify any internal parts.

THE ONLY WAY they can LEGALLY void your warranty is if a aftermarket part you installed, DIRECTLY causes the engine failure.

Example: Upgraded your MAF, it fails and subsequently grenades your engine - voids your warranty and you're screwed.

Now let's say you threw a rod & you have no codes stored in your computer, none of your mods contributed to the failure - they have to replace it under warranty.

I had a bottom end failure in my 02 GT, I had headers & MAF...failure had nothing to do with my mods and they replaced it without any trouble.
Old 09-15-2004, 01:48 PM
GSXRIntensity
4th Gear Member

Different dealerships tell you different things, because they are always looking for ways to get out of spending their own cash to fix something that went wrong under warranty. So long as nothing done to your car is the cause of a particular failure, or problem, you car is still under warranty.
Old 09-16-2004, 01:38 AM
StowesStang
4th Gear Member

Hey, hey, Im a newbie to this site and just bought my first 04 Mustang GT back in January of this year!!!! Im loving my car, its the first car Ive had after 8 pick-ups!!!! Its Competition Orange with Weld Tork Thrust wheels (check out my photo gallery). I have already put Flowmaster dual chamber mufflers with tips running out the back under the bumper. I added sub-frame connectors from a Cobra, K&N Cold Air Induction, and just a couple of weeks ago, I put in a B&M Short Throw Shifter!!! Im having so much fun and wouldnt trade it for anything. Im planning on headers and a Mac throttle body. I think that is enough for this old gal!!!! Have fun with it!!!
Old 09-16-2004, 05:35 PM
04ShakinSteed
I ♥ Acer

Welcome to the forums...now get to modding that thing. LOL!
Old 09-16-2004, 05:47 PM
vshayes
I ♥ Acer

welcome to the forums. Can we see a picture of your older mustang?