4.6L (1996-2004 Modular) Mustang Technical discussions on 1996-2004 4.6 Liter Modular Motors (2V and 4V) within.

Cruising Scene

Search this Thread

Old 12-25-2006, 06:14 AM
98MustangSTL
3rd Gear Member

Default Cruising Scene

Here in St. Louis we have a pretty good cruising scene. There's pretty much a few main places where people meet up on Friday, Saturday, and Sunday nights. People show there cars, race, and hang out. It's always a lot of fun, and that cops usually don't make any busts. They just keep the peace. So, I was wondering how is the crusing scene across this whole country? Lame? Awesome? Ricer?
Old 12-25-2006, 06:41 AM
04mineralgreyGT
4th Gear Member

Default RE: Cruising Scene

It's not too bad in Huntsville, AL. We have cliques (domestic, import, bikes, etc.). For the most part its cool and everyone is cool. Most of the import guys that associate with domestic guys actually have some pretty nice and fast cars. hsvracing.com is the major car group/club in the area and most of the guys know eachother. Alot of mustangs, LS1's, LS2's, AWD DSM's, Supra's, etc. The ones who we call ricers are the ones that put 300 bucks into their car (wing and fart can) and think its fast and talk lots of smack. We don't really associate with them all that much. The different brands always have friendly rivalries in the group but share a mutual respect for a fast car no matter what make it is.
Old 12-25-2006, 01:10 PM
dubarado
4th Gear Member

well we have cruise nights at the jackson factory outlets here the last friday of every month from i think april to october...but they only allow pre-73 cars... but us newer cars sneak in anyhow.
Old 12-25-2006, 01:46 PM
svt99redcobra
3rd Gear Member

Theres a equal amount of ricers, stangs, and ls1s around here,
Old 12-25-2006, 02:02 PM
StangLover18

I live in a small town and cops will bust anyone who even THINKS about racing down any of the streets. They'd probably hassle you for even cruising. As for Milwaukee(about 35 mins from here) it's pretty good. A lot of people race up and down HWY 100.
Old 12-25-2006, 02:15 PM
mvr
6th Gear Member

here where i live in CT on fri/sat nights during the summer thers basicaly 3 places to hang out. first is the dunkin donuts here in town its just a buncha car guys and most of them drive foxes with some money in them. If we want to drive 20+miles we can go to sports authority parking lot which is convinently located right off the highway right next to the mall and also right next to a place that has a muscle car show every saturday. the last place is starbucks with a HUGE parking lot where all the ricers usualy are. this means that there is also usualy at least two cops that come over and tell you to leave if you get out and stand next to your car for 30 seconds or more.

now in CT there is a huge street racing scene about an hour and a half awya from me called the pike, i hear it very hardcore underground and if you do so much as rev your car with a cop around they will ticket you.
Old 12-25-2006, 07:08 PM
98MustangSTL
3rd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: 04mineralgreyGT

It's not too bad in Huntsville, AL. We have cliques (domestic, import, bikes, etc.). For the most part its cool and everyone is cool. Most of the import guys that associate with domestic guys actually have some pretty nice and fast cars. hsvracing.com is the major car group/club in the area and most of the guys know eachother. Alot of mustangs, LS1's, LS2's, AWD DSM's, Supra's, etc. The ones who we call ricers are the ones that put 300 bucks into their car (wing and fart can) and think its fast and talk lots of smack. We don't really associate with them all that much. The different brands always have friendly rivalries in the group but share a mutual respect for a fast car no matter what make it is.
This sounds pretty much how it is around here. We meet up in parking lots and just hang out and talk, watch cars cruise by, and also get stuff to eat. We'll meet up at the local Hooters, Chuck-a-Burger, and other parking lots. It's all cool though.
Old 12-25-2006, 07:23 PM
Zoie_daGT
5th Gear Member

Here in PA, there are places to cruise. THere are also about 5 places to hang out. There are LOTS of imports but a decent amount of domestics as well. Normally, the cops kick everyone out of one place just for everyone to go to another. There are also a good number of places to race as well, on highways and also in secluded areas.
Old 12-25-2006, 07:36 PM
98MustangSTL
3rd Gear Member

Cool. Cool. Does anyone know about Springfield, MO? Or anything in or near St. Louis, MO. I kind of want to take a road trip to another cruising scene, just to check it out. I'm to drive, but not DRIVE.
Old 12-25-2006, 07:42 PM
GThopeful
4th Gear Member

Here in Circleville, Ohio the "cruising scene" usually only takes place during the summer. Of course there are the occassional ricers that think its awesome to cruise year round, but most of the nicer vehicles dont come out till the warmer weather hits. Summer typically brings out some show winning vehicles in my town though. We have had multiple Truckin' feature trucks go cruisin as well as some of the fastest F-bodies and Stangs I have ever seen. There are also some nice hondas/acuras that come through that are fully built and give the stock/close to stock Stangs and Camaros a run for the money. Its pretty awesome though. I'll make sure to get some pictures this upcomming summer.

Quick Reply: Cruising Scene