4.6L (1996-2004 Modular) Mustang Technical discussions on 1996-2004 4.6 Liter Modular Motors (2V and 4V) within.

Stroked Stang heading to dyno!!!!!!!!

Search this Thread

Old 12-27-2006, 01:41 AM
mrscode3GT
1st Gear Member

Default RE: Stroked Stang heading to dyno!!!!!!!!

CONGRATS, Nice #'s.
Old 12-27-2006, 01:42 AM
ZW99GT
6th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: Dan04COBRA

Very nice. Like you said, it's not so much the Cubes holding back the 4.6, it's the heads, ported or not.

Good numbers NA, now you can safely hammer the car and not have to worry about the A/F!

I have a new life mission. ONE DAY I will finally create a badass set of heads to 2v's. 400rwhp capabilities. One day. Just you wait.
Old 12-27-2006, 01:43 AM
mrscode3GT
1st Gear Member

ORIGINAL: ZW99GT

Very nice. Like you said, it's not so much the Cubes holding back the 4.6, it's the heads, ported or not.

Good numbers NA, now you can safely hammer the car and not have to worry about the A/F!

I have a new life mission. ONE DAY I will finally create a badass set of heads to 2v's. 400rwhp capabilities. One day. Just you wait.
Now, just drive to Texas and run the hubby's Silver Bucket
Old 12-27-2006, 01:44 AM
mvr
6th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: ZW99GT

il start saving my pennies [8D]
Old 12-27-2006, 01:48 AM
stang2000
5th Gear Member

I'M CALLING BS, no way, where's the sheets? lol j/k
Old 12-27-2006, 02:01 AM
ZW99GT
6th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: stang2000

I'M CALLING BS, no way, where's the sheets? lol j/k
I didnt think it would take this long. lol. Video is loading of Streetfire as we speak.

Now, just drive to Texas and run the hubby's Silver Bucket

Driving to Texas, no problem this car can go anywhere, anytime. More streetable than I thought it would be. The problem arises b/c I have 320rwhp and absolutely NOTHING, i repeat NOTHING to back it up with. No tranny, no suspension, no nothing. I would get toasted by Mitch8 days a week. Not only does he have one badass Engine setup(26rwhp more than mine to be exact), hes freaking pulling 3ft wheelies. All that while im sitting here ****ing wheel hopping down the road with my gay *** IRS. LOL.

If not for IRS, I could get some subframe's, control arms, and be SET(well, set for 12.50's)

I would like to race mitch on video, to show everyonehow important Suspension is. power+**** for suspension= ****
Old 12-27-2006, 02:05 AM
Dan04COBRA
Super Moderator

Why can't you get SFC's? You can get them.

Get an IRS brace kit too, it'll help a lot.
Old 12-27-2006, 02:11 AM
ZW99GT
6th Gear Member

But what do I order them for? A 01 cobra? Will everything else underneath the car fit? How much is all this stuff?Ill admit, I dontknow anything about IRS. I dont really want to. I just want towake up one morning, and it just be gone!!!!!!lol

Really, I want to hit a consistant 1.8 60ft, without worrying about breaking all hell loose.
Old 12-27-2006, 02:15 AM
DeltaV
3rd Gear Member

Wait irs??? I though the gt's had a solid axle? Anyways nice numbers! Good luck with the nitrous! Cannot wait to see the video. I bet she screams. Might need to get an extra pair of paints lol.

Oh by the way i go to knoxville quite often ( i think thats where u said you are). My uncle lives off middlebrook pike. I'm actuall probably transferring to UT next fall. Could possibly be playing basketball there if i can get my ACL rehabed in time. I just had surgery 11 days ago so yea. Anyways maybe next time i can meet up with you and go cruise around and find some LS1's to pick on( or at least you can).
Old 12-27-2006, 02:20 AM
ZW99GT
6th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: DeltaV

Wait irs??? I though the gt's had a solid axle? Anyways nice numbers! Good luck with the nitrous! Cannot wait to see the video. I bet she screams. Might need to get an extra pair of paints lol.

Oh by the way i go to knoxville quite often ( i think thats where u said you are). My uncle lives off middlebrook pike. I'm actuall probably transferring to UT next fall. Could possibly be playing basketball there if i can get my ACL rehabed in time. I just had surgery 11 days ago so yea. Anyways maybe next time i can meet up with you and go cruise around and find some LS1's to pick on( or at least you can).
Good luck with the surgery. UT's basketball program has really perked up the last couple years. I sent you a PM. let me know when you are in town.

And yes, my car has an IRS underneat, swapped from a 01 Cobra by the previous owner! DAMNIT

Quick Reply: Stroked Stang heading to dyno!!!!!!!!