4.6L (1996-2004 Modular) Mustang Technical discussions on 1996-2004 4.6 Liter Modular Motors (2V and 4V) within.

Shaved Door handles, and the Track?

Search this Thread

Old 01-02-2007, 04:30 AM
SOHCtimes2
5th Gear Member

Default RE: Shaved Door handles, and the Track?

Pretty sure that shaved handles aren't allowed. Call a track and ask though.
Old 01-02-2007, 04:39 AM
JonBeast

ORIGINAL: H0SS302

Why would it be an issue? professional cars dont have handles neither do nascar vehicles.. the windows a viable exit as well is the windsheild..ur foot does wonders
Because professional cars have a shell for a body, and nascars have net windows....
Old 01-02-2007, 12:33 PM
shadowfoxx
3rd Gear Member

Because professional cars have a shell for a body, and nascars have net windows....
True.. but breaking the window would be just the same.. Even if its ashell of a body there are structural pipeson the inside of the door so if theshell rips offthe person still can't justopenthe door and get out.. they still have to be pulled from the window.. if he got in an accident and could not get out someone could just break the window and pull him out..
Old 01-02-2007, 12:34 PM
Boltt
3rd Gear Member

Most people around here with shaved handles have an eject button kitunder the car or by the side mirror. I have no idea who sells them or where they got em, i just see them at meets and cruises.
Old 01-02-2007, 01:08 PM
oxfordgt
6th Gear Member

I was gonna shave my doors but then I remembered I drove a mustang and not a honda.
Old 01-02-2007, 01:25 PM
Dan04COBRA
Super Moderator

I like the no door handle look.

I would just get ahold of someone at your local track.
Old 01-02-2007, 01:28 PM
Quick Shot xMLx
5th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: oxfordgt

I was gonna shave my doors but then I remembered I drove a mustang and not a honda.
Haha. I like how it looks but don't like everything else about it. Had a friend with a riced out Honda that had them and it took the kid like 10 minutes to be able to open the back doors

Heard the tool was at the "street races" and the cops showed up. He couldn't get the other doors open so the people who rode with him hid in some bushes[&:]
Old 01-02-2007, 01:29 PM
Sxynerd
6th Gear Member

I didn't see shaved door handles on "imports" untill years after they were done on Merc's and model A's. I apreciate all cars. Meaning I can like hondas.... "Ooo, I'm telling!", If I had a mindset that didn't apreciate different ideas, I'd still be talkin about how my Nova and '30 ford would wipe the floor with most mustangs and then take Best in show. The idea of building a car is to make it your own and this would be my interpritation of a good car with a little of everything that I want...
Old 01-02-2007, 01:50 PM
H0SS302
6th Gear Member

I didn't see shaved door handles on "imports" untill years after they were done on Merc'sÊ and model A's. I apreciate all cars.Ê Meaning I can like hondas....Ê "Ooo, I'm telling!", Ê If I had a mindset that didn't apreciate different ideas, I'd still be talkin about how my Nova and '30 ford would wipe the floor with most mustangs and then take Best in show.Ê The idea of building a car is to make it your own and this would be my interpritation of a good car with a little of everything that I want...ÊÊ
well said dude.. its so ignorant of people to say that everything someone does to there car is rice just because it dosnt appeal to there own sences.
Old 01-02-2007, 02:01 PM
code3GT
Mustang Nazi

Most tracks won't allow shaved door handles.

Quick Reply: Shaved Door handles, and the Track?