4.6L (1996-2004 Modular) Mustang Technical discussions on 1996-2004 4.6 Liter Modular Motors (2V and 4V) within.

well....just dropped my stang off at the dealer =[

Search this Thread

Old 01-02-2007, 02:54 PM
MoKo_04GT
4th Gear Member

Default well....just dropped my stang off at the dealer =[

yup....i dont know if you guys remember about a week ago reading a post about my 3rd gear grind. well..im guessing its the synchro, but i wont know for sure untill ford calls me later today with the diagnosis....after they tear into the tranny. suuuuccckkkks i dont know how long they are going to have my car....and at this point i dont even know if my extended warranty people are going to cover the fix.....i think i will find that out later today too, hopefully. anyway..just thought i would share my sadness with you guys....stangless for who knows how long....hopefully no more than 3-4 days.
Old 01-02-2007, 02:56 PM
Dan04COBRA
Super Moderator

Default RE: well....just dropped my stang off at the dealer =[

I would have sorted out stuff before they went tearing into stuff. You'll most likely pay double the amount for labor @ the dealer... if it's not going to be covered.
Old 01-02-2007, 03:00 PM
Sam 07

Does your extended warranty cover powertrain components?
Old 01-02-2007, 03:01 PM
MoKo_04GT
4th Gear Member

i know =/ im banking they will cover it tho. they better!! ya know?? i've been paying every month for an extended warranty....now that there is a problem.....they better cover it!! i called the place and made sure they cover tranny's and they do. the rep said the only time they wouldnt cover the fix, is if the damage is obvious that its from me abusing the car. i dont think it will be too obvious....i havent been THAT hard on the car, and i've only had it for 4 months. what i told the dealer is that since i got the car 4 months ago....every once in a while about maybe once or twice a month it would grind going into 3rd gear...but it happened so rarely that i thought it was user error and just b/c i hadnt drove a stick in a while....but now as of about 2 weeks ago...the grind has gotten worse, and it happens on almost every shift into 3rd...to the point where i know its no longer user error. so in other words...i bought the car already damaged.
Old 01-02-2007, 03:03 PM
MoKo_04GT
4th Gear Member

so hopefully all i will have to do is pay the $100 deductable and everything will get fixed.
Old 01-02-2007, 03:26 PM
SVTBill
5th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: MoKo_04GT

i know =/ im banking they will cover it tho. they better!! ya know?? i've been paying every month for an extended warranty....now that there is a problem.....they better cover it!! i called the place and made sure they cover tranny's and they do. the rep said the only time they wouldnt cover the fix, is if the damage is obvious that its from me abusing the car. i dont think it will be too obvious....i havent been THAT hard on the car, and i've only had it for 4 months. what i told the dealer is that since i got the car 4 months ago....every once in a while about maybe once or twice a month it would grind going into 3rd gear...but it happened so rarely that i thought it was user error and just b/c i hadnt drove a stick in a while....but now as of about 2 weeks ago...the grind has gotten worse, and it happens on almost every shift into 3rd...to the point where i know its no longer user error. so in other words...i bought the car already damaged.
they will say you abused it...i hate warranties [&o]

good luck though
Old 01-02-2007, 03:29 PM
DrBob
2nd Gear Member

Good luck. I sent mine back to the dealer last year for a TSB on the transmission. Long story short, after two rebuilds they put a new transmission in the car. They had it for five months! I did not care though, it was winter and the car was just sitting in the garage. I looked at it as I got a new transmission, and free storage!
Old 01-02-2007, 03:30 PM
MoKo_04GT
4th Gear Member

they better not....i pay them every month for a warranty wich means if it breaks...they fix it....its what a warranty is. now if they found some stubs and timeslips in the car from a race track or something....that wouldnt be good....but that isnt the case....i've only had the car for 4 months, and it has never seen a track in my posession (yet =] ).
Old 01-02-2007, 03:30 PM
2VNA
4th Gear Member

+1^ if it's one of those after market one's then they won't but if it's a manufacturing one you have a good chance.
Old 01-02-2007, 03:34 PM
MoKo_04GT
4th Gear Member

i dunno....the warranty sold to me by the dealer when i purchased the car is from a 3rd party called "C.N.A"....and its kind of like insurance, i have a $100 deductable, and they cover the whole car to 75k miles or august of 2008 wich ever comes first.

Quick Reply: well....just dropped my stang off at the dealer =[