4.6L (1996-2004 Modular) Mustang Technical discussions on 1996-2004 4.6 Liter Modular Motors (2V and 4V) within.

Upgrade/tuning/dyno scheduale

Search this Thread

Old 01-03-2007, 02:26 PM
GT03 TJS
3rd Gear Member

Default Upgrade/tuning/dyno scheduale

Well now that I have my alternator problem fixed, I can start having some fun with my car. Plus working 60+ hour weeks, november till present (gosh darn holidays...i work retail), has let me build up a nice chunk of money to blow.

Next Tuesday I'm getting my Motive Performance 3:73's installed (with Master Bearing Kit) and getting it tuned with my SCT on the dyno at xx Tuning in East Hartford (CT) At the moment, I'm pretty much stock as I didnt get my car too long ago...Steeda CAI and Steeda UDP's are on, as well as a tune up after i bought it including new plugs. After I get the gear changed I'll be running all royal purple fluids....engine oil, gear oil, tranny oil....I just want to see what numbers I have to start with....

InFebruary I'm gonna do what suspension work I can myself... in my freezing cold garage, as I JUST ordered all of the following....Steeda 4 bolt caster camber plates, bumpsteer kit, x2 balljoints, sport springs and last but not least a tubular front sway bar. Im gonna do most of it myself but bring it into a shop for proper alignment and whatnot...

I'm going ghetto for the month of March and getting my windows tinted...as I'm going to save up more for April when I plan on getting a Mac Prochamber and either Mac Catback or SLPII's

and May....Accfab 75mmTB/Plenum...new rims with Nitto 555's

and if I have any money left over/saved up for June....VT Stage II cams

anyone else have a project schedual set up yet?

I know my list isnt too amazing compared to most of your cars, but I figure I'll build up my suspension and drivetrain first before I try to start pouring on the power....
Old 01-03-2007, 06:22 PM
ZW99GT
6th Gear Member

Default RE: Upgrade/tuning/dyno scheduale

Oh crap, where do I start.

Jan.

Nitrous tune on dyno. 150shot
TKO 500
Motorsport 31 Spline posi
Moser axles, studs
Spec III+ clutch
Spec Aluminum Flywheel
Alum Driveshaft
MAYBE LT's druing the tranny swap

Feb.

Suspension and Tire Time
Front
Strange 10 way struts
Fox springs
Weld 15x3.5

Rear
Strange 10 way shocks
UPR control arms (upper and lower)
Weld in full length sub frames
Weld 15x10's
MT drags

March/May/Summer

Hood

Then, I'm done with the Stroked Stang. Whew. Then to start payin her off. ouch

Old 01-03-2007, 06:47 PM
ASUSMC
4th Gear Member

January
Brand new FR-500's 18" DD out back and 18" regular up front with some wide meats (I know people and am gettin the hookup)

February-March
Pay off Credit Cards and start saving (no stuff for the car cause I need stuff for my apt and where I live)

April
Bassani Catback (once again with the hookup pretty much half off)

May
Save as much as humanly possible/ finish paying off cards

June
Save for the whole month (My 21st B-day is on the 30th) for Vegas

July
Time for a blower with all the money I just won in Vegas!!!
Old 01-09-2007, 04:03 PM
GT03 TJS
3rd Gear Member

Just got my car back from XX tuning in East Hartford. When I first dropped it off, I had a baseline dyno done before the gears/tune was done...i know the gears add no HP but I wanted to see what the proffessional setup and tune would do. After that, went home, paced back n forth for 5 hours and headed back haha. They tweaked with the air/fuel since it was running lean for whatever reasons.

The car FEELS so much better now.With the gears and the tune its like night and day driving that car. Before at WOT it would shift (auto) at 4400rpms.....now itll shift at 5500 and it SCREAMS...I cant wait till I get my exhaust on there. Once on the highway after leaving the shop, I brought her up to 130, and never fell below 85. I love it.

baseline HP - 213
baseline TQ - 252

Installed 3:73's and SCT Tune
HP: 231
TQ: 267

Next step is my suspension upgrade...I got most of it in the mail already so I dont hafta wait until Feb to do it like I planned. I think I'm gonna order my exhaust and accufab TB/Plenum earlier than anticipated.

you guys were right....the mod bug has bit...and now I'm addicted....
Old 01-09-2007, 04:09 PM
2000GT4.6
6th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: GT03 TJS

Well now that I have my alternator problem fixed, I can start having some fun with my car. Plus working 60+ hour weeks, november till present (gosh darn holidays...i work retail), has let me build up a nice chunk of money to blow.

Next Tuesday I'm getting my Motive Performance 3:73's installed (with Master Bearing Kit) and getting it tuned with my SCT on the dyno at xx Tuning in East Hartford (CT) At the moment, I'm pretty much stock as I didnt get my car too long ago...Steeda CAI and Steeda UDP's are on, as well as a tune up after i bought it including new plugs. After I get the gear changed I'll be running all royal purple fluids....engine oil, gear oil, tranny oil....I just want to see what numbers I have to start with....

InFebruary I'm gonna do what suspension work I can myself... in my freezing cold garage, as I JUST ordered all of the following....Steeda 4 bolt caster camber plates, bumpsteer kit, x2 balljoints, sport springs and last but not least a tubular front sway bar. Im gonna do most of it myself but bring it into a shop for proper alignment and whatnot...

I'm going ghetto for the month of March and getting my windows tinted...as I'm going to save up more for April when I plan on getting a Mac Prochamber and either Mac Catback or SLPII's

and May....Accfab 75mmTB/Plenum...new rims with Nitto 555's

and if I have any money left over/saved up for June....VT Stage II cams

anyone else have a project schedual set up yet?

I know my list isnt too amazing compared to most of your cars, but I figure I'll build up my suspension and drivetrain first before I try to start pouring on the power....
I would not pay for a tune right now, just use the stock tune on the handheld (and fix the speedo). You can still get on the dyno and do a baseline, but it will be much cheaper than paying for the dyno and the tune.

Hell, I would not even pay for a a/f ratio check on the dyno unless it is free (some shops charge for it). You just arn't going to see much of a gain getting a custom tune while basically stock.
Old 01-09-2007, 04:12 PM
GT03 TJS
3rd Gear Member

uhhh...read above
Old 01-09-2007, 04:15 PM
sitnlopro99gt
4th Gear Member

How was your experience there? Who tuned you ChrisSk? Hes the best when it comes to the Stangs. Good numbers to with the mods you have where you on the dynapacks or Mustang Dyno? Dan-
Old 01-09-2007, 04:34 PM
GT03 TJS
3rd Gear Member

I loved it there

They had a 600hp Cobra in the showroom that I was absolutely DROOLING over. They had a 400hp GT which was kinda cool....then it was one supra...and about a million STI's. For the amount of STI's outside, in the showroom, and in the workshop, I think I've only seen ONE driving around CT. There had to be 20+ STI's there.

anyways, good experience, great guys...i'd go back to have more stuff done...probably if I ever upgrade my cams....I cant think of anything else I'd go there for immediately unless I did extensive engine work like cams/heads/internals etc etc which is a possibility, but not for a while....
Old 01-09-2007, 04:46 PM
sitnlopro99gt
4th Gear Member

Yeah thats Bobs hes in the LMMC club and then the GT next to it is Chris's fiances both beautiful cars as well as all the other suby's. Glad u liked it.
Old 01-09-2007, 05:12 PM
2000GT4.6
6th Gear Member

The gains are simply amazing on a nearly stock car. I cannot believe you were only making 213 to the tire on the stock computer tune.

Something must have been really screwing it up. Even with full boltons I was only 8 or so WHP off with a 13.4-13.6 a/f ratio. The CAI must have been throwing the maf off or something.

Quick Reply: Upgrade/tuning/dyno scheduale