4.6L (1996-2004 Modular) Mustang Technical discussions on 1996-2004 4.6 Liter Modular Motors (2V and 4V) within.

The KB Pony Run Free Project Has Officially Begun

Search this Thread

Old 01-10-2007, 04:40 AM
LetThePoniesRunFree
3rd Gear Member

Default The KB Pony Run Free Project Has Officially Begun

I've spent so much money on my car today, I think I am going to be sick to my stomach. It all started with a really bad ache after I droppeda months payon a KB at aboutten this morning. Just my luck they're in the same state as I am. Damn 7.5% sales tax adds up quick. After feeling like crap all day at work, I figured since I was at home in front of the computer I'd spend some more hard earned coin on my stupid car. Dropped somescrilla on a JLT CAI. Got a hell of a deal on a 90mm Ford Lightning Maf. Hell, that was almost worth sixRolaids tablets.Thefourgd Autometer gauges I boughtaggravated the ulcer. I went with the Z series with green l.e.d.'s to match the factory gauge panel. I really like the black look. Elect. Fuel pressure, boost, oil pressure and water temp. is what I got raped on. Then I had to buysomething to put the gauges in. Damn where's my Prilosec OTC? You can't believe what they want for molded plastic gauge pods theses days. Friggin' criminals I tell you. I went with the two gauge full pillar and the two gauge instrument cluster bezel.

I'm going to have to for-go on the heat exchanger up-grades for now. I couldn't getKB to delete the parts I wanted them to, so I'll just use their stuff. I'm sure it'll be just fine for a 9psi dd on pump gas. I can always up-grade later when the time comes.

When you plan a build like this, take my advice. Run your numbers and add like 20% to your budgetbecause when you start paying for tax, shipping and all these little items you forgot about, it adds up quick. I'll keep you guys informed on my progress through this thread until I post the final dyno sheet.

There isn't anyone out there in central CA that's installed a KBthat works for beer is there????????????
Old 01-10-2007, 04:42 AM
rbstang
6th Gear Member

Default RE: The KB Pony Run Free Project Has Officially Began

wowzors.
Old 01-10-2007, 04:53 AM
POISND U
5th Gear Member

Nope, but I'll trade you for beer!
Old 01-10-2007, 05:48 AM
JonBeast

If you were crying and whining the whole time you were ordering the parts....then you are no true car enthusiast!

I would LOVE to be able to order parts like that!
Old 01-10-2007, 07:44 AM
04mineralgreyGT
4th Gear Member

I had a chubby the whole time I was ordering my procharger. I got lucky though... No sales tax and shipping was only 120 bucks (not including all the gauges and stuff).
Old 01-10-2007, 08:16 AM
Boltt
3rd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: JonBeast

If you were crying and whining the whole time you were ordering the parts....then you are no true car enthusiast!

I would LOVE to be able to order parts like that!
Yea really man...i would be on the verge of having an excitement-induced heart attack while ordering a damn KB.
Old 01-10-2007, 10:44 AM
JPGT_00
2nd Gear Member

Ahhh don't worry i dropped about 5k the day I got my vortech and all the gauges and maf, etc etc. the feeling will go away as soon as you start the install. all those stomach aches turn into good feelings.Wish I could help with the install but Im in Fl
Old 01-10-2007, 11:30 AM
Dan04COBRA
Super Moderator

I was excited about ordering a KB until it was delivered and my bank account was several grand lower than the previous statement.
Old 01-10-2007, 01:58 PM
shadowfoxx
3rd Gear Member

Default RE: The KB Pony Run Free Project Has Officially Begun

I've spent so much money on my car today, I think I am going to be sick to my stomach. It all started with a really bad ache after I droppeda months payon a KB at aboutten this morning. Just my luck they're in the same state as I am. Damn 7.5% sales tax adds up quick. After feeling like crap all day at work, I figured since I was at home in front of the computer I'd spend some more hard earned coin on my stupid car. Dropped somescrilla on a JLT CAI. Got a hell of a deal on a 90mm Ford Lightning Maf. Hell, that was almost worth sixRolaids tablets.Thefourgd Autometer gauges I boughtaggravated the ulcer. I went with the Z series with green l.e.d.'s to match the factory gauge panel. I really like the black look. Elect. Fuel pressure, boost, oil pressure and water temp. is what I got raped on. Then I had to buysomething to put the gauges in. Damn where's my Prilosec OTC? You can't believe what they want for molded plastic gauge pods theses days. Friggin' criminals I tell you. I went with the two gauge full pillar and the two gauge instrument cluster bezel.

I'm going to have to for-go on the heat exchanger up-grades for now. I couldn't getKB to delete the parts I wanted them to, so I'll just use their stuff. I'm sure it'll be just fine for a 9psi dd on pump gas. I can always up-grade later when the time comes.

When you plan a build like this, take my advice. Run your numbers and add like 20% to your budgetbecause when you start paying for tax, shipping and all these little items you forgot about, it adds up quick. I'll keep you guys informed on my progress through this thread until I post the final dyno sheet.

There isn't anyone out there in central CA that's installed a KBthat works for beer is there????????????

That's awesome. which kb did you get the 2.1 or 2.6? how much did everything run ya?
Old 01-10-2007, 02:12 PM
ben790450
I ♥ Acer

Default RE: The KB Pony Run Free Project Has Officially Begun

Yeah i know what you mean. Dropping over 2 grand on the new heads, cams, intake, tb & plenum, CAI, gears, rear end. Really does kinda make you sick to your stomach. That $2k could go to a lot more things better suited than that. But hey life is short and whats more fun than going fast!\

But what really sucks is i have to do the heads and cams myself. I can figure it out but im just so lazy. And its cold outside lol. The gears im having done but ya know how it is.

Quick Reply: The KB Pony Run Free Project Has Officially Begun