4.6L (1996-2004 Modular) Mustang Technical discussions on 1996-2004 4.6 Liter Modular Motors (2V and 4V) within.

Hey! Need some Cobra clone help!

Search this Thread

Old 01-15-2007, 02:50 AM
cobrastang161

Default Hey! Need some Cobra clone help!

hey guys! Im new to this site but i am definitely not new to the wide world of mustangs! I currently own a 2000 GT that i have bought cobra parts for.

I have:
Cobra front bumper (01 cobra)
Cobra rear bumper (01 cobra)
Cobra Hood (01 cobra)
Engine (in car already)
What do i have to do to remove the front and rear bumpers? I know there are 2 screws on each fenderwell but someone said there are also some on the back panel of the trunk. Pictures or guidance would be greatly appreciated.
Old 01-15-2007, 09:09 PM
cobrastang161

Default Hey! Need some Cobra clone help!

Bump! Really need some help guys.
Old 01-15-2007, 10:37 PM
SmallFeesh
3rd Gear Member

Default RE: Hey! Need some Cobra clone help!

Google it... or just keep lookin for screws/bolts and takin them out till the bumper comes off! wiggle it around and see if you can figure out the general area the bumper is still connected! My car was already "Cobrafied" when I bought it so I can't help ya any more than that! I used to work at a Auto custom chop, there are no manuals i know offor such stuff... just gotta get in there and figure it out!
Old 01-16-2007, 10:43 AM
cobrastang161

ORIGINAL: SmallFeesh

Google it... or just keep lookin for screws/bolts and takin them out till the bumper comes off! wiggle it around and see if you can figure out the general area the bumper is still connected! My car was already "Cobrafied" when I bought it so I can't help ya any more than that! I used to work at a Auto custom chop, there are no manuals i know of for such stuff... just gotta get in there and figure it out!
yea I guess I could always try that. I might just bring it to a auto body place if I can't do it. Also, will a mechanic place be able to install a mid pipe?
Old 01-16-2007, 11:03 AM
SixEight
2nd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: cobrastang161

Google it... or just keep lookin for screws/bolts and takin them out till the bumper comes off! wiggle it around and see if you can figure out the general area the bumper is still connected! My car was already "Cobrafied" when I bought it so I can't help ya any more than that! I used to work at a Auto custom chop, there are no manuals i know of for such stuff... just gotta get in there and figure it out!
yea I guess I could always try that. I might just bring it to a auto body place if I can't do it. Also, will a mechanic place be able to install a mid pipe?
If you live in an emissions state you may run into trouble finding a shop that will install a catless mid pipe for you. It's a pretty easy install, I'd reccomend doing it yourself. If you can get the old pipe off, you can get the new one on.
Old 01-16-2007, 11:21 AM
cobrastang161

ORIGINAL: SixEight

If you live in an emissions state you may run into trouble finding a shop that will install a catless mid pipe for you. It's a pretty easy install, I'd reccomend doing it yourself. If you can get the old pipe off, you can get the new one on.
I don't really know how and I'd rather have someone more skilled do it just incase I break it. My car has flowmaster mufflers on but a stock midpipe so it doesn't sound as loud as it could. I forgot to mention that it is a catted Bassani x midpipe
cobrastang161

double post
cobrastang161

Old 12-18-2010, 12:15 AM
Mustangscotty

Quote:
Originally Posted by MightyMo
Oh nooooooooooo say it ain't sooooooooo..... Is that what you do, go around making drama?? F'n brat kids on here think they own people with childish posts. So you get your dick smacked and think you own people on here? You come off as a TOOL ! F U cobramoron 161 !

keep it up buddy, more fuel for the fire.

Chris Sharp, got something you want to say???
Old 12-21-2010, 01:34 PM
Black*Death
2nd Gear Member

Originally Posted by cobrastang161
hey guys! Im new to this site but i am definitely not new to the wide world of mustangs! I currently own a 2000 GT that i have bought cobra parts for.

I have:
Cobra front bumper (01 cobra)
Cobra rear bumper (01 cobra)
Cobra Hood (01 cobra)
Engine (in car already)
What do i have to do to remove the front and rear bumpers? I know there are 2 screws on each fenderwell but someone said there are also some on the back panel of the trunk. Pictures or guidance would be greatly appreciated.
Go buy a Haynes manual...if I remember correctly, not too difficult to remove. Also, you

simply want the bumper Covers not a whole new bumper right. Unless your bumpers are

actually damaged then the covers from an 01 should work

Quick Reply: Hey! Need some Cobra clone help!