4.6L (1996-2004 Modular) Mustang Technical discussions on 1996-2004 4.6 Liter Modular Motors (2V and 4V) within.

Nitrous ?'s

Search this Thread

Old 01-16-2007, 02:40 PM
nibotcire
2nd Gear Member

Default Nitrous ?'s

ok i have been told that nitrous is a big no no. But i am seeing that alot of people have nitrous. So my questions are, if you have nitrous please reply.

How big of a shot will hurt ur engine?
How long / miles have you been using nitrous?
Do the safety features actually work?
And this is all on a stock engine block.

Old 01-16-2007, 04:36 PM
ShadowDrake
5th Gear Member

Default RE: Nitrous ?'s

ORIGINAL: nibotcire

ok i have been told that nitrous is a big no no. But i am seeing that alot of people have nitrous. So my questions are, if you have nitrous please reply.

Nitrous is 100% safe.

125-150 shot would be as high as I would go tuned, 75 with no tune.
Had the kit on there the past 10k miles or so (over a year), however, I've only used about 12 lbs of nitrous.
No safety features. Just a base Zex kit that has it's WOT switch. Low fuel pressure cut-out does work (and is a good idea), and a window switch does work and is a good idea (given the choice of any extra, get a window switch). You do not NEED anything extra to spray. As long as you're smart and careful with it, you will never have a problem while running no safety extras.
Engine is 99% stock, only modification is a BBK hot air intake [&:]it also has a flowmaster cat-back, everything else is stock.
Old 01-16-2007, 05:29 PM
ibeeskeef
2nd Gear Member

I run a 100 wet shot and it is fine. Some people say they run a 125, but I would not recommend going over a 100 shot on a stock engine. A WOT switch is a must as it is very unsafe to spray at less than WOT. I also put a window switch on mine to keep from spraying at low RPM's (I have mine to kick on at 3k) and to keep from spraying if you hit the rev limiter and the fuel supply is cut off (I have mine cut off if I go over 5400 RPM's.) Change your plugs to a step colder plug and I would recommend getting it tuned. Some just set their timing back a few degrees but I wanted to make sure the a/f ratio was ok when I hit the juice. Mine was perfect and it was a great kick in the pants.

You can buy optional stuff like a bottle heater, remote opener,etc. but none is necessary.

Be smart and rock the giggle gas. It is awesome!!
Old 01-16-2007, 06:09 PM
yellowgtstang18
4th Gear Member

+1 for nitrous
Old 01-16-2007, 06:56 PM
ant02gt
3rd Gear Member

i dont have it but i have heard many good things from the people of MF who do use it. A friend of mine runs a 100 shot on his mach and i feel like we are going back to the future if he hits it while im in the car.
Old 01-16-2007, 08:42 PM
geetee03
5th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: nibotcire

People that don't know about nitrous will tell you "it'll burn the engine" and stuff, its just as safe as any other fi.

150 is too much, i run a 100 wet.

i've only used it for maybe 25 seconds, but i'm going to the track here pretty soon.

safety features work like a dream: wot switch, window switch.

yes stock block.