4.6L (1996-2004 Modular) Mustang Technical discussions on 1996-2004 4.6 Liter Modular Motors (2V and 4V) within.

The KB Project Is Under Way..........Pics

Search this Thread

Old 01-18-2007, 08:20 PM
laserred38
5th Gear Member

Default RE: The KB Project Is Under Way..........Pics

ORIGINAL: LetThePoniesRunFree

ORIGINAL: rbstang

Now wasnt it worth it spending like 10 grand???
Naw man. It was way less than 10g's but yah, I'm WAY past the investment issues. I just can't wait to get her done and cleaned up'ed. Besides the blower, I've got a whole grip of parts I need to install. I'm stoked as hell though!!!

One bummer, my JLT CAI came the wrong color.[:'(] It's close, but it's darker than my car. I don't know if I should send it back or say screw it.
haha aren't you from SoCal?...i think you have HELLA parts to install...hahahaha
Old 01-18-2007, 08:43 PM
Rusmisel01GT
5th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: mikev08826

Sweeeeeeeeetttttttttttt.

Should have cleaned up the engine bay first though.

How long did it take you to get to that point?
Definately should have cleaned up that engine bay first, i couldnt live with myself having a nice KB under the hood and all that dirt with it.
Old 01-18-2007, 08:58 PM
jpmustanggt
5th Gear Member

Good luck! You're going to love it.
Old 01-19-2007, 03:01 AM
LetThePoniesRunFree
3rd Gear Member

Just to answer a few questions...........

It's the new 2.1 and I would LOVE IT if itis quiet. Sleeper style.

The car is going to go to a local detailer to get the "show room" look inside and out after I install every thing so don't be so concerned about the dirty engine bay. I know it looks pretty bad now. Hell, you should see what the rest of the car looks like![8D]

I havemost of the supporting mods taken care of minus the built bottom end and 31 splined rear axles/carrier. Those arefuture mods that will come soon enough. One step at a time.

I'm going to trust the tune KBprogramed on the chip the supplied to me for now. I figure they know a hell of a lot more than I doabout tuninga car.[&:]

Old 01-19-2007, 03:16 AM
cahtr6
3rd Gear Member

I have mine just about finished as well. I need to run my BAP line to the boost sensor and H/U the switch chip. You are right about the time consuming part it takes a lot of time. Good luck
Old 01-19-2007, 03:17 AM
mikev08826
I ♥ Acer

I'm in the dark with KB, but when I was in the market a few months ago I remember reading sometheing to the effect of...

"If you have the supporting mods, you should be at 400 rwhp, and if your not there you need to call KB and find out what your doing wrong."

Does KB run off of their tune???

I know there was some dude on a local board selling a 2002 1.7KB non intercooled that was rocking 330 whp.

Just curious...
Old 01-19-2007, 03:19 AM
geetee03
5th Gear Member

good job man!

lol @ tags, just me like me and have extra pieces left over and guess were everything goes
Old 01-19-2007, 03:28 AM
LetThePoniesRunFree
3rd Gear Member

I'm in the dark with KB, but when I was in the market a few months ago I remember reading something to the effect of...

"If you have the supporting mods, you should be at 400 rwhp, and if your not there you need to call KB and find out what your doing wrong."

I know there was some dude on a local board selling a 2002 1.7KB non inter-cooled that was rocking 330 whp.

Just curious...
If you believe every thing you read, which I do not, KB's web site states they got 401rwhp with their kit on a bone stock 2002 GT at 9psi IC. They say 6psi is the max on a non-inter-cooled kit and the 330 hp you're referring too on a non IC kit is about right at 6 psi so says the KB web site. There again, I don't believe every thing I read. I will be running a 90mm MAF, 4" CAI, 75mm TB and acustom 2 1/2" exhaust. If I get 400rwhp. I'll be happy as hell.

edit: Yeah, KB supplies a chip that they tune in house. I don't know much about it. I'm just hoping they got it right.[&:]
Old 01-19-2007, 03:34 AM
mikev08826
I ♥ Acer

ORIGINAL: LetThePoniesRunFree

I'm in the dark with KB, but when I was in the market a few months ago I remember reading something to the effect of...

I know there was some dude on a local board selling a 2002 1.7KB non inter-cooled that was rocking 330 whp.

Just curious...
If you believe every thing you read, which I do not, KB's web site states they got 401rwhp with their kit on a bone stock 2002 GT at 9psi IC. They say 6psi is the max on a non-inter-cooled kit and the 330 hp you're referring too on a non IC kit is about right at 6 psi so says the KB web site. There again, I don't believe every thing I read. I will be running a 90mm MAF, 4" CAI, 75mm TB and acustom 2 1/2" exhaust. If I get 400rwhp. I'll be happy as hell.
True that on dont believe everything you read. But what are you wanting out of your 4.6??? You are going to stick with the KB tune???
Old 01-19-2007, 03:36 AM
04mineralgreyGT
4th Gear Member

Looks good. There is nothing better than looking at the finished product of your labor and saying toyourself "damn I did a good job". I just finished my centri install. Waiting on the tune 'til monday.

Quick Reply: The KB Project Is Under Way..........Pics