4.6L (1996-2004 Modular) Mustang Technical discussions on 1996-2004 4.6 Liter Modular Motors (2V and 4V) within.

LM1 vs. LM2

Search this Thread

Old 01-18-2007, 03:57 PM
ZZmustang
Banned

Default RE: LM1 vs. LM2

You guys are something else. Either agree with you or go by a camery. That’s funny.
No one told anyone Not to make there car loud, Go right ahead, Like I first said your wasting your money on mufflers. What would I care if your car was loud? Mufflers have very , very little to do with keeping your Mustang stock or not.
czwalga00gt, you don't want to know or care about Mustang history, why do you have one, Camaro may be the car in your future, they have no history. And as far as performance goes, why do you own one?
Somehow you guys equate loud with performance and something good. I guess you can if you like, but Loud has little to do with performance and as far as sounding good, well that is an opinion. You are certainly welcome to your opinion but then you should also allow anyone else to have there’s.
This whole thread sounds like high school kids talking about skate boards, Dude.
Old 01-18-2007, 04:01 PM
97modifiedmustangGT
4th Gear Member

No
Loud muffers don't sound good. They make people look and point. Like they do at a honda with a wing. Thats all. and talking inside the car is not an option. Loud is good for the track but not on the street. My opinion, Yours is?
for the people who point at a honda with a wing is because it looks stupid, they point at mustangs with a loud exhaust because it sounds awesome. I can't believe you are actually being serious!! Plus you can still have a conversation in the car even with a loud exhaust.
Old 01-18-2007, 04:04 PM
czwalga00gt
5th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: ZZmustang

You guys are something else. Either agree with you or go by a camery. That’s funny.
No one told anyone Not to make there car loud, Go right ahead, Like I first said your wasting your money on mufflers. What would I care if your car was loud? Mufflers have very , very little to do with keeping your Mustang stock or not.
czwalga00gt, you don't want to know or care about Mustang history, why do you have one, Camaro may be the car in your future, they have no history. And as far as performance goes, why do you own one?
Somehow you guys equate loud with performance and something good. I guess you can if you like, but Loud has little to do with performance and as far as sounding good, well that is an opinion. You are certainly welcome to your opinion but then you should also allow anyone else to have there’s.
This whole thread sounds like high school kids talking about skate boards, Dude.

Uhh, I bought it because I liked the looks of it over the camaro. I test drove a z28 vert for a weekend before I bought my mustang. After deciding I liked the looks of the mustang better and the visibility of the camaro sucked I went with the slower car. I've since fixed the 'slow' aspect of it.

I did NOT buy the car because it is a mustang or a ford or because the car has some history that no one really cares about except people that think mustangs are super special cars.
Old 01-18-2007, 04:10 PM
ZZmustang
Banned

" because it sounds awesome"
Is just an opinion. I think they point for the same reason as the honda, 'sounds stupid' looks stupid. pretty close to the same thing.

And your statement is a slap in the face to every mustang owner on this site'
You said
"I did NOT buy the car because it is a mustang or a ford or because the car has some history that no one really cares about except people that think mustangs are super special cars."

On behalf of every mustang owner in the world, 'Sell your car" buy that chevy. I'll donate.
Old 01-18-2007, 04:15 PM
czwalga00gt
5th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: ZZmustang

" because it sounds awesome"
Is just an opinion. I think they point for the same reason as the honda, 'sounds stupid' looks stupid. pretty close to the same thing.

And your statement is a slap in the face to every mustang owner on this site'
You said
"I did NOT buy the car because it is a mustang or a ford or because the car has some history that no one really cares about except people that think mustangs are super special cars."

On behalf of every mustang owner in the world, 'Sell your car" buy that chevy. I'll donate.

Don't worry as soon as I graduate in a year, this is becoming a dedicated track car and buying a z06. I'm sorry i'm not blinded by stupidity and brand loyalty. I appreciate cars for what they are worth, not what other people 40 years ago did.
Old 01-18-2007, 04:29 PM
eZ
5th Gear Member

your running a pro-charger and you could only get a 12.9 out of her? no gears?
Old 01-18-2007, 04:38 PM
grruminator78
4th Gear Member

Loud, nice sounding, and annoying are all varying matters of opinion. To me Loud and annoying are almost the same thing. I do like louder than stock, I've got flowmaster 40s on the 67 and they are louder, but I can hardly hear them in the car. Now the guys with mufflers that wake my daughter up at night are just plain stupid.

Personnaly the only ford I ever wanted was a mustang. Now I don't consider myself blinded by stuipidity or brand loyalty. But something has to be said about the fact that mustang has the longest production run, and the highest sales numbers. Hey anyone seen a new camaro/firebird in a while? anyone? hello...hello...hello...hello???

oh and also I don't think it's fair to even equate a mustang with an overpriced european car. and also define performance car. Stock mustang gt much better/faster than stock dodge charger, and better than, oh wait there aren't any new cameros or firebirds out there soooooo....

so what was your point again czwalga00gt?
Old 01-18-2007, 04:41 PM
grruminator78
4th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: eZ

[sm=owned.gif]
Old 01-18-2007, 04:42 PM
czwalga00gt
5th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: eZ

Guess you missed the part about the clutch burning and the broken tranny. The trannys on the last leg... it doesnt even have one more launch in it with drag radials.

New tranny is going in hopefully this weekend, spec2+ clutch, and i went with an mgw shifter this time around instead of a pro5.
Old 01-18-2007, 04:46 PM
PushinTheLimit
5th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: nanaki

ORIGINAL: goldeneagle_10

LM I's to me are just plain too loud. There are plenty here to disagree with me, but I prefer a more refined sound. Thats why exhaust questions are tough to answer since its mostly opinions.

LM I's---- LOUD and deep
LM II's--- loud and DEEP

Here are some clips of both of them, this might help you out more.

4.6 Exhaust Soundclips
you stole my line!
I know... you explained to me back a couple months ago and I stole it.

Quick Reply: LM1 vs. LM2