4.6L (1996-2004 Modular) Mustang Technical discussions on 1996-2004 4.6 Liter Modular Motors (2V and 4V) within.

Trans-Am VS. Mustang GT

Search this Thread

Old 10-06-2004, 01:27 PM
GSXRIntensity
4th Gear Member

Default RE: Trans-Am VS. Mustang GT

ORIGINAL: NicksMeanGT

A CrapMaster cat-back will net you 1-2rwhp
Awww shucks fella. you didn't have to go and call them crapmasters. my mean sounding flows net me 3-4 fwhp every day. Females Wanting to Have
Pimp that is...
Okay, okay...they do sound nice, especially w/an MRT or Mac prochamber.
Old 10-06-2004, 01:51 PM
GSXRIntensity
4th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: Big5.0.13.7sec.
I guess seeing I pull a 12.8 in my 5.0 I guess I dont know much about performance LOL. You *******.

Actually I believe the Flowmasters add on average 5-7 rwhp. And the intake is a densecharger w/k&n and that would be 4-6 rwhp. So if you add that up that an additional 10-13 horses that was bought with $300-$350. Not to mention those mods just make it sound better!

So thanks for your imput buddy
12.4 is good, but not overly impressive. You eat a few Mustangs, but not too many f-bodies w/that number.

If you have a Densecharger that's good, but if you have the whole m.a.m. setup why didn't u say so. You made it sound like you had one of those BBK or K&N FIPK p.o.s.'s. I'll agree w/you about those rwhp #'s, but if you think you gained more than 1-2rwhp w/chambered mufflers you are just as ignorant as I thought. Being ignorant doesn't mean you can't learn though, so my advice to you is to check out some Dyno #'s for proof that chambered = **** for performance, but are awesome for sound. The next thing you need to learn to do is add. 10-13rwhp on an otherwise stock 96-98 GT will still be next to nothing to a GM 350 V-8. I'm done w/this now.

Dan...what's going on? Anything in your plans about the Mach still??
Old 10-06-2004, 03:09 PM
dustinpolcz
2nd Gear Member

Sorry, this is so long, but that story in the beginning just disturbs me. Some Pontiac makes a turn, goes WOT (all the while the Mustang driver hating the Pontiac's exhaust...mind you exhaust sound preference is completely subjective) only to have his g/f floor it to end up catching the Pontiac, never once considering that maybe the Pontiac might have just wanted to hear that exhaust & get off of it, not even considering a 96-98 GT wanted to throw down, & could have quite possibly been laughing in his car thinking that it took the GT long enough to catch up.
[sm=smiley20.gif] it's about time someone said something.
Old 10-06-2004, 03:18 PM
dustinpolcz
2nd Gear Member

And what car did the discontinue? Oh yeah slowmaros and firechickens... Thanks LOL
man you need to stop making a fool of yourself right now. why did they stop making f-bodies? bc they were too expensive basically. kids wanted a sports-car look and feel and the mustang was more affordable. for ever ONE (1) F-Body sold about three or four (3 or 4) mustangs were sold. ford just made more sales, not because they are faster (which they aren't faster than an f-body) but b/c the mustang was cheaper. (road & track magazine)
Old 10-07-2004, 12:52 AM
Big5.0.13.7sec.
2nd Gear Member

either way. They were discontinued!

So kiss my A**

When either of you wanna race... give me hollar. LOL

I tell you what Ill even take the bottle off, and but set of Olympic weights in my car to even it out. And you start from a roll.

LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL.

You guys seriously need to calm down. LOL. It was to start a story.... to laugh at. If you like f-bodies so much save your money and go buy one!

Also I said I pull a 12.8 not a 12.4. And I'd say thats pretty good. I beat the **** out of so many trans-am's and Birds ALL THE TIME!!!

And I did some research today on this whole flowmaster thing.. and WOW your a seriosuly a D*ck head! Flowmaster american thunders add around 5-6 rwhp. The only diff b/t these and something like magnaflow puts about 2 more out. LOL.. just go read around on the boards...

Oh yeah and my Father In Law is a ASE cert. works for the ford, in the tech. dept., he also teaches classes in adult education to keep the guys at ford up to date..He's been into mustangs for lets say around 35 years or so..... and I imagine he knows what he's talking about.... Do your own research B4 you call me on to do some research
LOL

No Hard Fellings!!!
Old 10-07-2004, 12:58 AM
98FOUR.SIX
1st Gear Member

WHATS UP BIG 5.0 U MUST HAVE A PRETTY QUICK CAR
Old 10-07-2004, 01:53 AM
Dan04COBRA
Super Moderator

Sean: Yeah, I was suprised too. I figured that's what you found so amusing.

GSXR: I just looked at a 2001 Trans Am 6 speed, 40,000 miles but it needs paint on it's front bumper and the fender lips are alittle beat. I think I'm going to pass on it.

I still haven't decided what I'm doing. For the moment I'll keep my GT, I'm waiting on the new 05 to show up here, I already put in my 'request date' for a test drive. I suppose I could go looking for a Mach 1 again, if I don't ride home in a new 05 maybe I'll go looking for a slightly used Mach1, or just keep my car. I need to figure out what I'm gonna do man!!
Old 10-07-2004, 02:06 AM
Big5.0.13.7sec.
2nd Gear Member

Also I said I pull a 12.8 not a 12.4. And I'd say thats pretty good. I beat the **** out of so many trans-am's and Birds ALL THE TIME!!!
guess you didnt read B 4 you posted?
Old 10-07-2004, 03:24 AM

ORIGINAL: dustinpolcz

And what car did the discontinue? Oh yeah slowmaros and firechickens... Thanks LOL
man you need to stop making a fool of yourself right now. why did they stop making f-bodies? bc they were too expensive basically. kids wanted a sports-car look and feel and the mustang was more affordable. for ever ONE (1) F-Body sold about three or four (3 or 4) mustangs were sold. ford just made more sales, not because they are faster (which they aren't faster than an f-body) but b/c the mustang was cheaper. (road & track magazine)
eh... the 02 Z28 was cheaper and faster than the Mustang.

The reason they were d/c was because GM never bothered to market them, they wanted to spark sales in the Corvette.

Besides when the new camaro comes out in 07, public interest will be so great that they will oversell what they're building.

Old 10-07-2004, 04:58 AM
GSXRIntensity
4th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: Big5.0.13.7sec.
I tell you what Ill even take the bottle off, and but set of Olympic weights in my car to even it out. And you start from a roll.

LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL.

You guys seriously need to calm down. LOL. It was to start a story.... to laugh at. If you like f-bodies so much save your money and go buy one!

And I did some research today on this whole flowmaster thing.. and WOW your a seriosuly a D*ck head! Flowmaster american thunders add around 5-6 rwhp. The only diff b/t these and something like magnaflow puts about 2 more out. LOL.. just go read around on the boards...

Oh yeah and my Father In Law is a ASE cert. works for the ford, in the tech. dept., he also teaches classes in adult education to keep the guys at ford up to date..He's been into mustangs for lets say around 35 years or so..... and I imagine he knows what he's talking about.... Do your own research B4 you call me on to do some research
LOL

No Hard Fellings!!!
If you are doing 12.8 w/a bottle, your car sucks bro. I'm damn near there now w/out juice. As for going to buy an F-body...I guess you don't know. I ALMOST did buy one before I bought the Stang. I was looking at a FireHawk, & an '01 WS.6 T/A, but eventually decided otherwise. 12.8 is a respectable time, & I've no doubt you have taken out your share of f-bodies, but what I am saying is that there is NO WAY you are taking one down that has the same or very similiar mods as you, & NO WAY you will take out one w/say 4.30's, DR's, full exhaust, & suspension mods. You race one of them, & you can wipe that giggly a$$ smile off your 12.8sec face.

flowmasters will net you some rwhp w/the help of headers, & a mid-pipe change, but the muffler swap, or cat-back alone will not do it. I don't care who says what, or what chart you read. I've seen chambered vs straight through on the same car same day deal in person on a dyno. Any chart, or add you see in a magazine always gives about 15 more hp to the add than what is really gained, or they used a 1000hp drag car to demonstrate their potential, so it's not false advertising.

Just outa curiosity...what does your father in law have do to w/anything I've said to you?? It's great he's certified, & teaches Ford techs. I've no doubt he knows his Fords. If he works w/factory Fords though, he's not as familiar w/TEA, Fox Lake, Steen, VT Engines, etc. I'm sure he knows them & has familiarity w/them, but Ford techs focus on FACTORY issues. I got my GT on the 'A' plan, so since your not the only one affiliated w/a Ford tech let's leave them out of this.

Quick Reply: Trans-Am VS. Mustang GT