4.6L (1996-2004 Modular) Mustang Technical discussions on 1996-2004 4.6 Liter Modular Motors (2V and 4V) within.

OMG Burglary of MY STANG

Search this Thread

Old 01-22-2007, 05:42 PM
Zero 16X
2nd Gear Member

Default RE: OMG Burglary of MY STANG

ORIGINAL: oxfordgt

DAMN!!!! My wifes car got broken into again last night. No damage and nothing taken this time but I'm pissed. On my way to buy a gun.
damn dude. i hope you catch them. >_< that pisses me off
Old 01-22-2007, 06:24 PM
rbstang
6th Gear Member

upgraded security system.... look into the viper security system comes with a remote that pages you if the alarm goes off.
Old 01-22-2007, 07:14 PM
Str33tGunner28
1st Gear Member

that sucks man, just be thankful they didnt steal the stang!!
Old 01-22-2007, 07:27 PM
98GreenGT

Sad that people have to stoop as low as stealing other peoples stuff....With that said i would really think about getting an alarm system upgrade, luckily my town is really small or I would definetly have something besides this stock alarm
Old 01-22-2007, 08:02 PM
BBond007
2nd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: Zero 16X

This Friday i was at a friends. we went to eat at dennys and came back at three. I woke up at 9am to walk outside and looked in my car at my clothes in my seat. I looked up to find the supposedly still locked door on my drivers side to be unlocked i ran over and looked in my car to find my very expensive kenwood screen gone >.< upon futher inspection they took a jacket that i got from walmart and my 60 dollar bottle of cologne that was in my console. my glovebox was open but there was nothing in the trunk anyway. i called the cops but didnt think to ask for fingerprints. The neighbors have a camera that might see the street but im waiting for a friend to get footage to see. The area above the window straight up above the lock has two deep scratches in it now and everytime i roll my window up or down it makes noises like clicks and scratches. I feel so violated and broke now considering i only had liability. I thought i was safe in a niceass subdivision. T_T

That is why I have an alligator named "Elvis" that lives in the back seat.

Old 01-22-2007, 08:28 PM
Gumby
2nd Gear Member

That's why I never lock my car doors. May sound stupid, but if someone really wantsto getin my car then I would want him to just open the door without smashing something instead ofbreaking my window or causing some other damage. Nothing worse than finding your window smashed and nothing taken.

The main thing to remember is never leave anything remotely valuable in the car. As for the car itself...the standard equipedPassive Lock Security System works enough to keep punks away.
Old 01-22-2007, 09:53 PM
BabyGrey03GT
1st Gear Member

Somebody keeps breaking into my car, they seem to go right for the console seeing as how they 'found' 60 some odd dollars in 1's that I had been saving... so when I get paid I'm gonna go buy some rat traps and sharpen the snappy peice and lay a $10 or $20 dollar bill in there, and when I hear the scream.. I'm gonna sprint out of my front door.. and go a few rounds with that bitch! I can't wait!!! I do have a quick question however.. if you beat the **** outta someone breaking into your car, can you be charged with assault??
Old 01-22-2007, 10:11 PM
BBond007
2nd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: BabyGrey03GT

Somebody keeps breaking into my car, they seem to go right for the console seeing as how they 'found' 60 some odd dollars in 1's that I had been saving... so when I get paid I'm gonna go buy some rat traps and sharpen the snappy peice and lay a $10 or $20 dollar bill in there, and when I hear the scream.. I'm gonna sprint out of my front door.. and go a few rounds with that bitch! I can't wait!!! I do have a quick question however.. if you beat the **** outta someone breaking into your car, can you be charged with assault??
Possibly:

In all seriousness I think it depends on the state in which you live.

Another factor would be if the incident occured on your property or not...

Lets say you come out of the titty-bar at 2:59AM smelling like booze and strippers (Why else would you have been saving "60 some odd dollars in 1's") and you find someone breaking into your car and go into Steven Segal bone crunching mode...

You probably will be charged with assault.

Old 01-22-2007, 10:31 PM
clix813
4th Gear Member

Man this is what makes me nervous having a vert. Just last year my dads truck got broke in to they busted out the back window and stole his wallet they ended up going to a cash advance place and geting 10k cash advance of his credit card and 2k in cash from the wallet. I still dont understand why my dad likes to carry that much cash on him. Also I have a compu star alarm system it has a pager that supposed to work up to a half mile. only down falls that I can see is that its to sensetive, and it has this gay thing on the window that if you tap it sets the pager off.(it gets anoying). Over all I would say to go with the viper.
Old 01-22-2007, 10:33 PM
beastzilla02
5th Gear Member

are ur windows tinted..if not no one will even try toi break in..my friends used to go look through cars and stuff..and they wouldnt mess with tinted window cars because they dont know whats in it and it takes to long to put ur face up to a window lol when ur trying to rush and get stuff.

Quick Reply: OMG Burglary of MY STANG